The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure there will be a lot of Buckingham/McVie tracks..........bring it on!
Old 10-30-2016, 08:32 PM

There are so many out takes, demos and alt versions from this album.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
I hope that Lindsey and/or Richard Dashut contribute, at least to the extent that they can provide the tapes of outtakes/rough mixes/demos for inclusion in this release. Richard once posted photos on his blog with boxes of tapes, many dating from the mid-80s, and the album was recorded in Lindsey's home, so I'm assuming some tapes would be in Lindsey's possession. I would prefer a set with their contributions over something where the label simply throws together a bonus disc of 12-inches and b-sides (unless the label somehow has another way to access the unreleased material).
Would they include live tracks? This is the only area I see as being a bit problematic. They presumably would take audio from the TITN video, which in some cases does not sound as though it is recorded live (because it was overdubbed and edited to within an inch of its life). Also Billy and Rick feature on certain tracks and, in my view, this would muddy the waters a little. Also the version of Everywhere is pretty weird, IMO.

Perhaps they would include only, say, Little Lies, Seven Wonders and Isn't It Midnight as live tracks, and make the rest of the package demo/outtake/B-side heavy?
Old 10-31-2016, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
I hope that Lindsey and/or Richard Dashut contribute, at least to the extent that they can provide the tapes of outtakes/rough mixes/demos for inclusion in this release. Richard once posted photos on his blog with boxes of tapes, many dating from the mid-80s, and the album was recorded in Lindsey's home, so I'm assuming some tapes would be in Lindsey's possession. I would prefer a set with their contributions over something where the label simply throws together a bonus disc of 12-inches and b-sides (unless the label somehow has another way to access the unreleased material).
I'm not so sure. Reissues are done by the label, and artists usually want to move forward, while labels want to cash in on past glories. From everything we know, Lindsey is very much focused on moving forward with new material, not on wasting his time rehashing the old stuff.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-31-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I'm not so sure. Reissues are done by the label, and artists usually want to move forward, while labels want to cash in on past glories. From everything we know, Lindsey is very much focused on moving forward with new material, not on wasting his time rehashing the old stuff.
I wonder if they are in the studio.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This article (posted in the Stevie forum under Miami Press) says that the deluxe version of Tango is on its way. It also says:

Quote:
Meantime, the other members of Fleetwood Mac have recorded new songs and want to release a studio album, but Nicks is reluctant to participate. Listening to such classic tracks as “Gypsy” from the “Mirage” sessions hasn’t quite convinced her to go back into the studio with the others.

“When you listen to that song you wish Fleetwood Mac could make those kinds of records now, but it’s just not possible,” Nicks said. “It was such a different world then, and everything was done so differently and everyone was more on the same page. As the years went by, not really everybody, but mostly Lindsey and I, just went such different ways. It’s really hard to come back together.”
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...#storylink=cpy
Old 10-31-2016, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This article (posted in the Stevie forum under Miami Press) says that the deluxe version of Tango is on its way. It also says:

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...#storylink=cpy
so she is saying she doesn't want to join others for the new album, mostly because she and Lindsey don't see eye to eye on the music anymore, and because she thinks the band cannot make music as good as they used to anymore.

that leaves widely open the possibility of others finishing what they started without Stevie, since they all apparently do see eye to eye - or whoever are the members that do get along can finish it. it also issues a challenge to the rest of the band to prove the music can be as good or better than what they used to make when they were drugged out of their minds.

all in all, looks like good news and a green signal for the rest of the band to do whatever they want.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-31-2016, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it also issues a challenge to the rest of the band to prove the music can be as good or better than what they used to make when they were drugged out of their minds.
Couldn't they get a doctor to administer dosages
of certain medications to help them with their
artistic endeavors one last time?

If I were Lindsey I'd vote to drop Stevie like a hot
potato.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Couldn't they get a doctor to administer dosages
of certain medications to help them with their
artistic endeavors one last time?

If I were Lindsey I'd vote to drop Stevie like a hot
potato.
i think the point that Lindsey has been making for the last few years is exactly the opposite - there is NO NEED for drugs to make good music. and also, they may be better musicians now then they were years ago when they were out of it.

he may want to. it may not be [completely] up to him though, remember FM is a democracy, or so they claim.

Old 10-31-2016, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so she is saying she doesn't want to join others for the new album, mostly because she and Lindsey don't see eye to eye on the music anymore, and because she thinks the band cannot make music as good as they used to anymore.
I wonder whether she's actually heard any of the new material they recorded yet- I remember her saying they had a whole load of songs. It'd be a bad omen if she's heard it and is now making these comments. On the other hand, she referred specifically to Gypsy (i.e. her own material) so she could sub-consciously be admitting she isn't up to writing such songs.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would bet we see a TITN rerelease around April, in honor of the album's 30th anniversary!
When I was interning at Modern in '86, I heard some early tapes of the album. Stevie was MUCH more present than on the final product, but supposedly Lindsey got ticked at her and erased a lot of her vocals. I wonder if any additional copies of those tracks exist anywhere??
Old 10-31-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I would bet we see a TITN rerelease around April, in honor of the album's 30th anniversary!
When I was interning at Modern in '86, I heard some early tapes of the album. Stevie was MUCH more present than on the final product, but supposedly Lindsey got ticked at her and erased a lot of her vocals. I wonder if any additional copies of those tracks exist anywhere??
That's an interesting story. I'd love to hear some of those tracks.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Agreed - very interesting story! Hopefullly recordings still exist somewhere. A major loss if not.