User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Here's Stevie's "Without You" intro speech..

http://www.youtube.com/edit?feature=...JCqtehwUU&ns=1
You know what I love about the whole Without You Intro and the song is how sweet everyone is genuinely trying to be to each other. I think they are really trying to heal old wounds.

Lindsey seems to really be making an effort to be sweet to Stevie and make amends. You can tell it's not scripted either because the things they say to and about each other are not being said again and again at each show and the reactions between all of them appear real.

Like when Lindsey tells Stevie that Fleetwood Mac just did not know they needed a brilliant lead singer. Stevie is so surprised Lindsey complemented her she actually seemed like she was not sure what to say back to him at first, and then when Lindsey goes and hugs her she get's so flustered she can't remember Mick's name.

And when Lindsey tells Stevie he and Mick want to thank her too (oh and don't forget John McVie), Stevie seems again surprised and pleased. Poor thing can't believe that after all this time Lindsey Buckingham is actually complementing her and being nice to her, and sadly I think at that time Lindsey finally saw it too (that Stevie was surprised and pleased he was being nice to her).

Then finally, at the end of the song Without You (Stevie and Lindsey end the song in front of Micks drum kit) Lindsey tells Mick to blow Stevie a kiss (which he does), Stevie's again is pleased and Lindsey walks off with a huge smile.

It's all so sweet it makes me cry. I hope and pray that it continues and that they all can finally put their demons to rest. The whole back story is so, so sad and I do hope they all eventually have a happy ending (whatever that may be).
Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post

Like when Lindsey tells Stevie that Fleetwood Mac just did not know they needed a brilliant lead singer.
I don't think she was that surprised about that, since Mike reported that Lindsey said the same thing in Las Vegas just before this Anaheim show.

But it's nice that they are interacting nicely and warmly on this tour and I hope that there's not a lot of badmouthing going on after it's over.

Michele
Old 05-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think she was that surprised about that, since Mike reported that Lindsey said the same thing in Las Vegas just before this Anaheim show.

But it's nice that they are interacting nicely and warmly on this tour and I hope that there's not a lot of badmouthing going on after it's over.

Michele
Oh, I did not know that Lindsey had said she was brilliant at a different show. Well maybe that is now part of the show. I guess we will have to wait and see what they do next.