Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Edmonton, May 15, 2013

It’s more than a Rumour: Millet girl thrilled to see Fleetwood Mac
By Jamie Hall, Edmonton Journal May 14, 2013 6:06 PM

[click to see a photo of Stevie with the fans]

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/more+...440/story.html

EDMONTON - Rumour Lescure sounds pretty confident when she tells you she’s the only little girl in the “whole wide world” named after the Fleetwood Mac album, Rumours.

It’s a hard point to argue. The 10-year-old’s love of all things Fleetwood Mac — and all things Stevie Nicks — actually began in utero, and explains her off-the-charts excitement at getting the chance to see the band perform live at Rexall Place Wednesday, May 15.

“It’s going to be soooo much fun,” she trills over the phone from Millet, where her family lives.

Mom Sherry “got hooked” on Nicks and the band when she was about her daughter’s age, a musical fixation she has passed down to her entire brood.

“They were all brought up on Stevie, and on Fleetwood Mac,” says Sherry.

She saw the band perform for the first time almost 23 years ago, with husband Simon. They had front-row seats, and she was heavily pregnant with their first-born, which turned out to be a girl.

Her name? Rhiannon, after Sherry’s favourite Fleetwood Mac song.

“My husband and I had a deal; I could name the girls and he could name the boys,” says Sherry.

(The couple also has two sons; Bret, 12, is named after Bret “The Hitman” Hart, while Morgan-Kiefer is named after the couple’s combined love of horses, and of actor Kiefer Sutherland.)

Rumour, meanwhile, has never seen the band perform live, so this will be a first.

She has seen Nicks, though — she has even met her before.

Two years ago, when she was eight, her parents were the successful bidders in an online charity auction that offered a backstage meet ’n’ greet with Nicks in Phoenix.

Mother and daughter were equally star-struck during their brief encounter with the superstar, and remember little of what was said. Rumour does remember giving Nicks a drawing, and a jewelry box she made specially for her.

“It went very quickly,” says Sherry. “We just exchanged pleasantries. I remember she was very gracious.”

They do have a photograph of themselves with Nicks, though — and a story to last a lifetime.

Prior to the concert, the trio was approached by a filmmaker who told then he was interviewing diehard fans for his documentary about Nicks. They happily obliged.

In Your Dreams was released recently, and on the weekend was shown at Edmonton’s Metro Cinema. Needless to say, the Lescure family drove in for a night at the movies. They drove home with a tiny, giddy star in the back seat. Rumour was among the fan faithful whose images flashed across the big screen.

Pretty heady stuff.

And on May 15 she gets to see the band and hopes they’ll sing Go Your Own Way, her favourite song from the Rumours album.

“This is all so exciting for me,” Rumour says. “Very, very exciting.”
Old 05-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pictures: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/enter...dmontonjournal
Old 05-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there. It was great. Mick mentioned that it was 38 years ago last night that Stevie and Lindsey played their first gig with FM in El Paso, TX. If he's got his dates right, that's pretty cool.

I guess I can't fault him for this, but Lindsey said something about not making it to Edmonton last time they were touring. They DID have to postpone when Stevie got sick, but they did make good the date about a month later. Of course, if I was a world traveling, middle aged rock star, keeping tour stops straight would be the last thing on my mind
Old 05-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

May 16, 2013
Fleetwood Mac brings landslide of hits to Rexall
By Sandra Sperounes, Edmonton Journal

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Fleet...829/story.html

EDMONTON - Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies about Fleetwood Mac’s sold-out show at Edmonton’s soon-to-be-secondary hockey arena.

OK ... how ’bout the foursome’s rendition of Little Lies felt like the sonic equivalent of hugging a pack of angels?

It didn’t, of course, because Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie didn’t play the tune during Wednesday night’s concert. (Christine McVie sings lead on the 1987 hit — and she no longer tours with the band, preferring to hang out at home in England.)

Truth be told, Little Lies aren’t necessary — in their set list or about Fleetwood Mac’s show. The rockers, fronted by ex-lovers and hand-holders Buckingham and Nicks, took fans on an enchanting stroll through the ’70s and ’80s — filled with chimes, visuals of suns, stars and exploding glitter, and songs about love, poets, and gypsies.

The foursome, with at least four backup musicians, started their 2-1/2-hour set with a triple whammy of tunes from one of the biggest albums of the ’70s, Rumours — Second Hand News, The Chain and Dreams. These were soon followed by four songs from Fleetwood Mac’s difficult followup album, Tusk, which Buckingham described as their attempt to subvert the axiom of “If it works, run it into ground and move on” — using more words than he usually does in one of Saturday Night Live’s ongoing gags.

Not That Funny felt like a reworked Sex Pistols tune backed by a piano. The title track lurched like a drunk and giddy parade of elephants, complete with invisible horns. (You couldn’t see them, but they sounded real — so perhaps their players were hidden behind a wall of speakers, much like the band’s second drummer.) Then came two of Nicks’s bewitching numbers, Sisters of the Moon and Sara, which she sang as she gently swayed, playing with the layers of her black skirt or the ribbons dangling from her microphone stand.

Buckingham and his bandmates managed to squeeze in two new songs, Sad Angel and Without You, from Fleetwood Mac’s four-song EP, Extended Play, released with little fanfare on iTunes at the end of April. (And, most likely, the precursor to more material, according to the tanned frontman.)

Sad Angel was one of the night’s fastest and most straightforward rock tunes, while Without You, a lost song from the ’70s, featured Nicks and Buckingham singing about their first experiences in Los Angeles. Neither are examples of their best work as tunesmiths, but at least they didn’t sound out of place in the set list.

While Nicks can’t quite hit the high and sighing notes, her remaining range still sounds powerful, deftly cutting through the cacophony of her bandmates. If she sounded a wee bit dodgy on Dreams, she more than made up for it on Landslide, as Buckingham stood at her side, playing acoustic guitar. Cue the flood of tears, goosebumps, Bic lighters and a spontaneous choir of baby-boomers, their not-so-young children and a few grandkids.

Buckingham was the real star of the night. His voice is still supple — whooping on Tusk, spitting with punk rage on Not That Funny, screeching on Big Love — and he plays guitar like no one else. His fingers rippled like a waterfall over the strings of his acoustic guitar as he played a more delicate version of Big Love, Landslide and Never Going Back Again. So effortless, so understated, so humble.

May Fleetwood Mac come back ... again and again. Next time, they’ll need to bring a unicorn (or winged horse) — and Christine.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres some vids I found on the Tube.

They are on the shaky side but clear.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-26-2013, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

SOTM