Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Milwaukee Reviews, Photos, Etc.

I just got home from the Milwaukee show, and it was awesome. I was able to be right in front of the stage and it was amazing . I'm a little too tired to give a play by play, but here are my initial reactions:

Lindsey was amazing! When he came over to our side of the stage for So Afraid, he literally stood right in front of us. My friend Jessica and I touched his legs and got to play his guitar!!!

Stevie was beautiful, but she wasn't as interactive as I hoped she would be. I tried to give her roses after Silver Springs and she looked at me and kind of acknowledged it but wouldn't come up to take them. Gold Dust Woman, Storms, and Silver Springs were all fantastic though. I couldn't believe I was right there at the stage! I was just in awe most of the time though--she is so captivating and I couldn't believe she was only a couple of feet away from me.

John and Mick were great. We were right in front of John and we cheered for him several times. He smiled at us a couple of times and gave us a thumbs up

I didn't bring in a camera, and I was glad not to be distracted by taking pictures--I just wanted to take in the experience. I got to meet a couple Ledgies--hi Alicia and Amy!!!

It was so worth the money spent--an amazing night I will never forget. I'm curious what others thought especially those sitting further back as the sound is obviously not great right in front.

I hope everyone had a good time!!

A
Old 06-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was nice to meet you ~ thatgirlwasme! I will post more of my photos later after I've had some sleep. Here are just a few for now.

I never saw Stevie wear blue eyeliner on the inside of her eyes before:

Old 06-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted_Song View Post
It was nice to meet you ~ thatgirlwasme! I will post more of my photos later after I've had some sleep. Here are just a few for now.

****, talk about throwback to the RAL tour. :l
Old 06-09-2009, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I too am back home from the Milwaukee concert. I thought there was great attendance, as the venue seemed rather packed, although Stevie said that they almost didn't make it to Milwaukee. It was my first time seeing the band live and it was a spectacular show that exceeded my stratospheric expectations.

The atmosphere was electric with excitement, as the audience was highly energetic and erupted in wild, roaring applause after every performance, and the band seemed to feed off of the hot outpouring of enthusiasm showering upon it. I was on the lower level balcony directly facing the stage and cheered myself hoarse, as well, and even uncontrollably shouted "I love you, Stevie!" with all of my might after a breathtaking performance of Gold Dust Woman. Stevie, ever exuding dazzling flair and ageless ethereality, seemed mere feet away from me as I gazed at her through a pair of high-powered binoculars that I was so happy I thought to bring. She is truly an exquisitely stunning lady in person, especially draped in such elegant attire. The rock goddess's voice sounded a bit higher than I thought it would, but her vocals were awesome, especially on the aforementioned Gold Dust Woman, Sara, Landslide, and Storms. She added some lyrics to Gypsy, the song that I was most looking forward to hearing live, and it was an excellent performance. Lindsey was ever the fireballing guitar god who let fly intensely exhilarating, searing guitar solos. His vocals were outstanding. Big Love and Oh Well, as well as Go Your Own Way and I'm So Afraid, of course, were notable highlights for me.

I'll never, ever forget that blistering, dazzlingly exciting concert. Incidentally, I brought my camcorder and started to film the show, but an usher stopped me and told me that it wasn't allowed. Therefore, I returned home with neither photos nor video in hand, which is to say that I hope upon hope that someone recorded the show and will be obliged to upload it, as I sadly have no mementos from the concert.

-Matt

Last edited by Skyveris; 06-09-2009 at 03:49 AM..
Old 06-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great photos Alicia. I especially like the 3rd one down of Stevie.

Skyveris, I wonder why Stevie said they almost didn't make it to Milwaukee. Sounds like a great show.

Thatgirlwasme, lucky you. The best part of ISA happens on that side of the stage!

Michele
Old 06-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Skyveris, I wonder why Stevie said they almost didn't make it to Milwaukee. Sounds like a great show.
Yeah, I wonder that myself. Maybe the supposed relative lack of requisite turnout almost made the trip not worth it, even though, again, it seemed fairly packed to me. How royally glad I am that they decided to go ahead with the show, after all.

-Matt

Last edited by Skyveris; 06-09-2009 at 03:47 AM..
Old 06-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac keeps the classics fresh
Material might be familiar, but time hasn't hurt well-loved tunes
jsonline

The classic Fleetwood Mac lineup has released exactly one album of new material in the last 21 years.

Monday night in concert at the Bradley Center, they totally ignored that one album, "Say You Will."

I seriously doubt anyone cared. The Big Mac is on the road to milk the catalog, and that is surely what the fans want. Of the 23 songs in the current set, 14 are from the two classic mid-'70s albums, "Fleetwood Mac" and "Rumours." Those are two of the classic pop rock albums of the '70s, or any other decade for that matter. It's a set list loaded with hits and classics, including "Rhiannon," "Dreams," "Gold Dust Woman," "The Chain," "Landslide," "Monday Morning," "Go Your Own Way" and "Don't Stop."

When a huge band decides to take the oldies route and work the old hits, some questions are logical. First of all, do they seem bored or just going through the motions? The answer to that would seem to be an emphatic no. If Lindsey Buckingham was bored Monday night, it was the most frenetic display of tedium I have ever seen in my life. There is also a slight freshening effect because the old Christine McVie hits have now been parceled out between Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

Second, has the passage of time and the weight of the years compromised their ability to deliver the goods? That's a logical question. Buckingham will turn 60 on Oct. 3, and he's the youngest person in the band. Again, Buckingham is a dynamo physically. He may be the only 59-year-old guitarist on the planet who bounces when he plays.

If Buckingham is the engine and musical master behind Fleetwood Mac, Nicks was always the visual and theatrical center. That still holds true in slightly muted form. Although she still dresses in shawls and loves to strike theatrical poses on stage, Nicks isn't quite the wood sprite sex kitten of yore. We got exactly one of the old spinning moves with the arms outspread. At 60, Nicks is a little less Tinker Bell, a little more the well-preserved Witch of Eastwick.

One of the smart things they're doing on this tour, since there aren't any new songs: They're giving us something new about the old songs. In introducing "Gypsy," Nicks reminisced about the first band she shared with Buckingham and their days of opening for Santana and Janis Joplin in San Francisco. Buckingham spoke at some length about how "Big Love" became the template for the solo songs he wrote later in his career. This is a band with history, and I think it's wise to share it with the audience.

And as Buckingham acknowledged, they also have a "complex" emotional history. Those old storms seem to have quieted with the years, and at least on stage Buckingham and Nicks seemed to have reached a state of genuine warmth and affection.

One other thing came through. I'm not sure Buckingham has ever quite gotten the credit he deserves as a guitarist. For several tunes, in the second half of the set, it was just Buckingham playing behind his own voice and Nicks, and the sound never seemed withered or small.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

My first thought:"RAL FLASHBACK!!!
I love it

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 06-09-2009, 07:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyveris View Post

The atmosphere was electric with excitement, as the audience was highly energetic and erupted in wild, roaring applause after every performance, and the band seemed to feed off of the hot outpouring of enthusiasm showering upon it. I was on the lower level balcony directly facing the stage and cheered myself hoarse, as well, and even uncontrollably shouted "I love you, Stevie!" with all of my might after a breathtaking performance of Gold Dust Woman. Stevie, ever exuding dazzling flair and ageless ethereality, seemed mere feet away from me as I gazed at her through a pair of high-powered binoculars that I was so happy I thought to bring. She is truly an exquisitely stunning lady in person, especially draped in such elegant attire. The rock goddess's voice sounded a bit higher than I thought it would, but her vocals were awesome, especially on the aforementioned Gold Dust Woman, Sara, Landslide, and Storms. She added some lyrics to Gypsy, the song that I was most looking forward to hearing live, and it was an excellent performance. Lindsey was ever the fireballing guitar god who let fly intensely exhilarating, searing guitar solos. His vocals were outstanding. Big Love and Oh Well, as well as Go Your Own Way and I'm So Afraid, of course, were notable highlights for me.
Wow-very eloquent and descriptive words. I think you captured it well. Such a great night! I'm glad you thought the vocals were as good as I thought they were. Like I said above, it was difficult for me to hear last night--hoping for an awesome recording . . .

I too noticed Stevie's eyeliner and thought it looked cool--very edgy, Stevie

A
Old 06-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry, those beer toasts looks like they were at a bar and a concert broke out
Old 06-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default re:MKE concert

I would add to all the above that the version of Oh Well was fantastic! And I for one am glad that they paid homage to the true roots of the band with that classic PG song. I'd only ever heard Lindsey do that one on the Chain box set, so it was a real treat to see him do it live.

My pictures are no where near as good as the others listed before, but you all are welcome to see them:
http://picasaweb.google.com/brianjge.../FleetwoodMac#

there is also a bit of video in there as a teaser. Sound isn't great, but you can hear it. Enjoy!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

thanx for posting all this~ love the blue eyeliner!!!~
Old 06-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yea I dont think I've ever seen Stevie rockin the light blue liner in her inner eye. Kinda weird...but cool..I never thought of that. Oh and her eye make up looks SOOOO RAL!! Its scary...lol

Maybe Stevie wanted the whites of her eyes whiter..lol...When you want your eyes white you'd use a blue liner and if you wanted dark blue masacra. Same goes for your lips. If you see a light blue lipgloss out there...it to make your teeth look whiter

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 06-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Great photos Alicia. I especially like the 3rd one down of Stevie.

Thatgirlwasme, lucky you. The best part of ISA happens on that side of the stage!

Michele
The weather was really bad a few hours before the show. There were tornado sirens going off everywhere and it looked very ominous in Milwaukee.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The weather was really bad a few hours before the show. There were tornado sirens going off everywhere and it looked very ominous in Milwaukee.
How true. There was a spate of torrential rain in these parts I call home which is located about twenty minutes from the Bradley Center. The weather let up just in time.

-Matt