The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still love this band and always will. I did not see this line up in concert on this tour but I would have considered it if they were promoting a new album. I would buy a new album by this lineup for sure. I will continue to support Lindsey’s solo work and pray that he recovers from his surgery. It sucks what went down but this band is the soundtrack of my life and “ I Can’t Go Back”. 😎
Old 03-20-2019, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

all quotes from Christine in the article:
"Well, truthfully," she tells me, again a few days prior to Buckingham's heart surgery, "I suppose that in the end we had to make a choice. Lindsey, you know... I really don't want to harp on this very much, because what's done is done. And for whatever reasons, a lot being personal, it was the only route we could take, because there was just too much animosity between certain members of the band at that point, and there was just no way it could've gone on as a five-piece, a group with Lindsey in the band. So it was either just completely break up the band, or try and make the best of it."

McVie's take seems a mix between looking on the bright side - an admirably positive approach - and genuine regret at how things turned out. But she gives Mick Fleetwood full credit for carrying on.

"Mick is the granddaddy of the band," "And he lives to make it survive. And he has a way of finding the right people at the right time. And it was Mike Campbell and Neil Finn - they fit the bill absolutely perfectly.

"But it was a really hard time. I had really no bones to pick with Lindsey, I loved working with him, but i did see the point, and i did see what the problem was. And you know, we're a democracy, and we had to kind of make the best of a bad job, really. As it turns out, what we have now is better than what we ever had before, I believe."

several points here:
  • this make Christine look really bad - a spineless, horrible and ignorant person.
  • it's not really clear in several of the places what exactly is she talking about, and which timeframe - before or after Lindsey was thrown out by Mick and Stevie? like - "it was a really hard time" - when? when she found out Lindsey was out and had to make a decision whether to stay in the band?
  • "Lindsey, you know...." what do we know? that they screwed him? but she doesn't want to say it because it's a done deal now? "I really don't want to harp on this very much, because what's done is done." well Christine, even though it's a done deal, you can make it better or worse by saying hurtful stuff. and you are definitely making it worse.
  • did Mick tell her they'll disband if she says she's out if Lindsey is out - since apparently Mick told her Lindsey has to be out, there's no discussion about that, because there will be no FM 5 if they try to call Lindsey back because in that case Stevie will leave? "just too much animosity between certain members of the band"
  • the writer seems to describe Christine as being sad about the whole situation - "genuine regret at how things turned out" - yet other than that "really hard time" she doesn't say anywhere that she's sad about it so was there more that she said and they didn't quote? if so, why?
  • Christine obviously has no clue what democracy means. it's almost like Mick threw around the term and told her to use it and now she's using it.

talking about Mick, man we have to get to his ridiculous nonsensical logic. i just don't even feel like re-reading his blabbering-fool wording. one of these days.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-20-2019, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
[/B]

This is disgusting---truly disgusting. Who is that quoting?
the article writer.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-20-2019, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what really annoys me in all the reporting on this is how simplistic the writers/so-called reporters are--- all any of them have to do is watch the snippet of the awards where Stevie gives her speech to see Mick and Chris waltzing away...and call them out on that, like, why wasn't THAT more of a problem? But they don't. All the articles say "Lindsey re-ignited his ongoing feud with Stevie" WTF??
Old 03-20-2019, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
what really annoys me in all the reporting on this is how simplistic the writers/so-called reporters are--- all any of them have to do is watch the snippet of the awards where Stevie gives her speech to see Mick and Chris waltzing away...and call them out on that, like, why wasn't THAT more of a problem? But they don't. All the articles say "Lindsey re-ignited his ongoing feud with Stevie" WTF??
all the articles that are spin off the Mojo original article talk about "re-igniting the feud" not the Mojo article.

and yes - putting it on Lindsey for smirking, which makes zero sense. Stevie was the one re-igniting the feud. for whatever stupid bitter reason she may had. (a power play seems the most probable to me - she WINS. with 2 of them it was always a completely idiotic and childish competition.) but yes, as i was transcribing that part from Mojo, i was thinking exact same thing - what about Mick and Christine waltzing? why are they not thrown out for "igniting the feud"?

Old 03-20-2019, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
all the articles that are spin off the Mojo original article talk about "re-igniting the feud" not the Mojo article.

and yes - putting it on Lindsey for smirking, which makes zero sense. Stevie was the one re-igniting the feud. for whatever stupid bitter reason she may had. (a power play seems the most probable to me - she WINS. with 2 of them it was always a completely idiotic and childish competition.) but yes, as i was transcribing that part from Mojo, i was thinking exact same thing - what about Mick and Christine waltzing? why are they not thrown out for "igniting the feud"?
wonder if they got a chewing-out from her? Then her telling Mick he owes it to her to kick LB out after he (Mick) contributed to mocking her.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
all any of them have to do is watch the snippet of the awards where Stevie gives her speech to see Mick and Chris waltzing away...and call them out on that, like, why wasn't THAT more of a problem?
For all we know, it might have been a problem. Who’s to say Mick and Christine didn’t get an earful, too? However, Stevie has a very different relationship with them, which might be the difference between getting a terse phone call vs. being on the wrong end of an ultimatum.

What I want to know is timeline, but I wouldn’t trust them on a good day to be accurate about that. Any of them, including Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is that Stevie wanted him out for quite awhile she just had to wait until her own stock was high enough. She had recently sold out arenas in a solo tour and has been able to up her brand in pop culture in recent years. She just lay in wait for an excuse no matter how petty to demand his ouster from Fleetwood Mac.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
My guess is that Stevie wanted him out for quite awhile she just had to wait until her own stock was high enough. She had recently sold out arenas in a solo tour and has been able to up her brand in pop culture in recent years. She just lay in wait for an excuse no matter how petty to demand his ouster from Fleetwood Mac.
Unfortunately, I agree. She has been waiting for the perfect opportunity for years. They don't need him anymore. Doesn't have to deal with him anymore. A very business-like decision. Because that's all this people care.

And please, spare me the "they're all friends with each other but Lindsey" speech. Christine is friends with Jenny Boyd, not with Stevie Nicks. She just tolerates her. Same goes with John, and Mick. Brits may be friends with each other but not with Stevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Unfortunately, I agree. She has been waiting for the perfect opportunity for years. They don't need him anymore. Doesn't have to deal with him anymore. A very business-like decision. Because that's all this people care.

And please, spare me the "they're all friends with each other but Lindsey" speech. Christine is friends with Jenny Boyd, not with Stevie Nicks. She just tolerates her. Same goes with John, and Mick. Brits may be friends with each other but not with Stevie.

yes, this was my first comment on here when all this broke.... "revenge is a dish best served cold". She's been waiting for a long time. Who knows, this might have even been part of her strategy in refusing to record. Nothing would surprise me with this toxic bunch.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not to get into semantics, but she has not sold out arenas on her own in a very long time. She's only filling arenas by being part of a double bill.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes, this was my first comment on here when all this broke.... "revenge is a dish best served cold". She's been waiting for a long time. Who knows, this might have even been part of her strategy in refusing to record. Nothing would surprise me with this toxic bunch.
I'm telling you, this goes back to the SYW recording and that friggin Bob Dylan comment. She was so positively offended by that - it's like a jagged line can be drawn from 2002 to her mother dying, Christine coming back, and Tom Petty dying...to Lindsey getting the boot. All of those things had to happen in order for her to pounce and kick him out. She's a petty little narcissist with an uncanny ability to hold ridiculously stupid grudges.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Not to get into semantics, but she has not sold out arenas on her own in a very long time. She's only filling arenas by being part of a double bill.
Exactly. It wasn't that long ago that she was opening for Rod Stewart. This idea that she's equal to FM with respect to her ability to draw a crowd solo is ridiculous.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
True. However, she’s still at least an arena act as a solo artist. LBCM weren’t able to fill mid-sized amphitheaters. Don’t think that went unnoticed.

I personally believe LBCM could have been an arena act as part of a double bill if Mick and John had toured with them and it had been called Fleetwood Mac. But, that would have been risky to the long term viability of Fleetwood Mac.

The sad reality is that Fleetwood Mac isn’t a $100 million band without her, and I can’t fault them for picking sides when that kind of money was involved. There are a lot of people on that payroll.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-20-2019, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bashing Lindsey on every opportunity they have is part of their charity plan too?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.