User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

10 things you didn't know about Purple Rain;

http://nypost.com/2014/07/26/10-thin...t-purple-rain/

9. The eight-minute title track of the film and album was originally even longer — and Prince initially requested that his friend Stevie Nicks write the lyrics for it. The Fleetwood Mac singer declined his offer, saying that she found the track too “overwhelming” and let him finish it. Great decision, Stevie
Old 08-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On last week's animated episode of Hot in Cleveland, the ladies went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and found Steven Tyler in the trunk of Janis Joplin's Porsche. When they asked him what he was doing there he said, "I got in an argument with Stevie Nicks about who wears scarves better. Before I knew it, she cast a spell on me and locked me in a trunk."
Old 08-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 08-03-2014, 10:44 PM
PenguinHead
This message has been deleted by PenguinHead. Reason: I suck
Old 08-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
She's made some bizarre choices as time moved on. Recall when she broke a cardinal rule, when she wore a white gown to a wedding, looking a rival bride! Crazy!
Christine attended the same function and she wore white also.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that as she got older she just got lazy.I mean,she has already arrived as an icon and has nothing to prove or any trends to set.And also she said in an interview about the filming of IYD movie that she didn't really want to film it because it was so much of a commitment to do her hair and get ready for each day so to alleviate some of the pain-in-the-assness she picked a uniform and bought about 30 of the same outfit-no thought process required!I personally know that wearing a uniform is SO much easier than picking out a new outfit every day and it's hard to go back to doing it. I guess she got used to that during the IYD filming and learned to like it REAL fast.I think the "dress to impress" days are over for our girl.What else can you do with 30 of the same outfit?Great for her but BOORRINGGG for us.But the glasses-no excuse-maybe she thinks they make her look cool-who knows?
Old 08-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone posted on twitter that the Stevie Nicks exhibit at the rock roll hall of fame was replaced a Beyoncé exhibit.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Someone posted on twitter that the Stevie Nicks exhibit at the rock roll hall of fame was replaced a Beyoncé exhibit.
If that's true I'm personally flying to America and am going to throw a conniption fit...
Old 08-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The August 15 issue of Entertainment Weekly has a guide on how to prepare for the Emmy's.....a 24-hour binge of all TV episodes you need to see before the awards ceremony. From 12:12 to 1:12 a.m. they recommend the "Seven Wonders" season finale of American Horror Story. Then from 1:12 to 1:16 a.m. you are instructed to "Dance to Stevie Nicks for four minutes. This is mandatory."
Old 08-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Cristin Milioti says that Stevie would make a dream mother for her on her new show. Not that anyone here cares, but I just want to make a statement for posterity I did not care that "the Mother" died on How I Met Your Mother. I did resent the fact that she was used as a plot device to get Ted and Robin together, when Robin never even cared for Ted that much romantically in NINE years. The mother's life and death should have been the end, not a means to a stupid end.]

From Zap2It tv by Sarah Huggins, August 16, 2014

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/a_to_z_n...tv_mom-2014-08

Besides the "Love Actually"-esque journey to romance, viewers can expect, lots of pop culture references (the pilot pays homage to "Back to the Future" and Queen revealed there is a "Laverne and Shirley" connection in an upcoming episode), many funny and touching moments and possibly some big names as guest stars. Milioti even revealed her dream TV mom would be Fleetwood Mac frontwoman, Stevie Nicks, and she has a bit of an obsession with Jeff Goldblum.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[from a Daily Telegraph review of Courtney Love's show by Cameron Adams 8/17/14]

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1227027152006

Being a fan, Love played the songs everyone wants to hear, the way they should be heard. She dusted off Hole’s cover of Fleetwood Mac’s Gold Dust Woman and introduced it by saying “This is me doing Stevie (Nicks), but she gave me permission.”
Old 08-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Cristin Milioti says that Stevie would make a dream mother for her on her new show. Not that anyone here cares, but I just want to make a statement for posterity I did not care that "the Mother" died on How I Met Your Mother. I did resent the fact that she was used as a plot device to get Ted and Robin together, when Robin never even cared for Ted that much romantically in NINE years. The mother's life and death should have been the end, not a means to a stupid end.]
I'll second.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Forgive me if this was already posted elsewhere, but the August 28 issue of Rolling Stone has "The Dealer" as No. 4 on their Playlist. "Looking for a gold-dust fix? Check this sparkling ballad, which Nicks wrote in the late Seventies but left unfinished until now."
Old 08-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Forgive me if this was already posted elsewhere, but the August 28 issue of Rolling Stone has "The Dealer" as No. 4 on their Playlist. "Looking for a gold-dust fix? Check this sparkling ballad, which Nicks wrote in the late Seventies but left unfinished until now."
Sparkling ballad???
Old 08-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
But the glasses-no excuse-maybe she thinks they make her look cool-who knows?
the glasses are prescription. she's always been blind as a bat and it gets worse as you age.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tavi Gevinson and Stevie Nicks Are Friends, Pen Pals

http://www.styleite.com/news/tavi-ge...stevie-knicks/

That sound you hear is Taylor Swift crying into her Keds, because Tavi Gevinson just flawlessly dominated the celebrity BFF game. In an interview with i-D magazine the just-turned-18-year-old revealed that she be moving in with fellow young person Petra Collins when she moves to New York for college, however when it comes to backstage hangs and dinner dates she prefers to jive with a more worldly-wise crowd: i.e. Stevie Nicks:

It’s always about Stevie Nicks. Maybe the pool has expanded. Maybe I go to her when I’m trying to balance the emotional with the strong, then I’ll go to Joni when I’m doing emotional only, or I’ll go to Beyoncé when I’m doing just strong – although with that new album there’s so much going on! Stevie is my security blanket. Oh, and Stevie saw my TED talk and I got to go to a couple of Fleetwood Mac shows. I have now been lucky enough to meet her a few times. She’s the best argument for meeting your idols. I saw her twice backstage and then we had dinner. She’s not on email or anything, but I’ll get a random handwritten letter from her once in a while. It’s unreal.

I can’t even get my mom to text me back let alone getting Stevie Nicks to write me a letter by hand. I also appreciate Tavi’s modesty in referring to their dinner date as a “meeting,” but girl, you can share as many stores of party puking and pocket money dramas as you want — you are not a normal teenager