User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I saw a couple of Enchanted shows later in the tour, and Waddy wasn't there. It was Frank Sims (?). But now I'm curious as to who sang Tom's parts...

On topic - I think "Seven Wonders" has sounded great every time I've heard it on this tour; if she's struggling with anything, it's "SotM".

And I'd rather see them stop adding shows than cut songs from the existing dates. Get off the damn road and get into the studio already!
Oh yeah. Well it was a long time ago, I forgot, no Waddy.

I do agree about 'Seven Wonders'. I haven't seen FM live this tour (or ever, sadly) but I've seen some performances of it on Youtube, and enjoyed them all. Whether or not it's hard for Stevie to sing it now, I hope it comes back at some point. It's a great song.

"No one ever leaves, everyone stays close 'till the fire fades..."
Old 03-31-2015, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Saying you miss the songs, implying you want them back, could be construed as a complaint.
Class or crass?

Thank you for understanding what I meant. If I had a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a brief intimate moment with someone of stature, I'd rather use it give praise and show respect.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-31-2015 at 10:52 PM..
Old 03-31-2015, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Seeing that the meet and greets cost $750 and up, I think Mick can stand to hear a complaint or two in exchange. Besides, if he responds with substantive information that might help fans understand and accept choices that have been made and give HIM insight into the fan response that can be a good thing. Michele
You got me! I can't dispute that. Good job!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-31-2015 at 10:54 PM..
Old 03-31-2015, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Christine's dropping of Songbird has to do with her hand.

Maybe Seven Wonders was dropped because Stevie is trying to preserve her voice a bit. It must be really tough to sing night after night the way she is doing and not risk some decline in energy, etc. Her soar throat issue has happened on several of the band's big tours before. So maybe she's using a tad of prevention as medicine, scaling back a wee bit.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing some of the vocals dropped in favor of instrumental extensions on the songs, a little bit of jamming and some inspired set-piece solos maybe? I wish.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Maybe Seven Wonders was dropped because Stevie is trying to preserve her voice a bit. It must be really tough to sing night after night the way she is doing and not risk some decline in energy, etc. Her soar throat issue has happened on several of the band's big tours before. So maybe she's using a tad of prevention as medicine, scaling back a wee bit.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing some of the vocals dropped in favor of instrumental extensions on the songs, a little bit of jamming and some inspired set-piece solos maybe? I wish.
That would mean they would have to improvise??? yikes!!! can you imagine... ????
Old 04-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That would mean they would have to improvise??? yikes!!! can you imagine... ????
In the words of Christine, albeit in another context: "that is pretty weird."
Old 04-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highwayman View Post
I saw Stevie midway/late through Enchanted Tour (well, late July) and I didn't miss SDMHA one bit. I never liked it when she sang that with anyone other than Tom...well, Dave Grohl too I suppose. I mean, Waddy just can't sing.
Waddy was not on the Enchanted Tour
Old 04-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

In terms of voice durability, I think Silver Springs is a tougher song to sing night after night which is why I fear Seven Wonders got dropped for some other reason. I hope it's not because she feels fans weren't feeling it or that they didn't respond to the song. As I've said in another thread, my brother has not heard that song in over 20 years and it was the main reason he'd spend over $200 to see a fleetwood mac concert especially since by deleting that song, there's no difference in terms of Stevie's songs from the last tour. As much as I love SOTM, dropping that and keeping Seven Wonders would at least keep this tour different for Stevie material - not to mention it was a top 20 hit vs SOTM. I hope she puts the song back!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann View Post
In terms of voice durability, I think Silver Springs is a tougher song to sing night after night which is why I fear Seven Wonders got dropped for some other reason.
SS may cause more of a strain, but it's more expected by the audience than Seven Wonders.

Michele
Old 04-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As much as I love SOTM, dropping that and keeping Seven Wonders would at least keep this tour different for Stevie material - not to mention it was a top 20 hit vs SOTM. I hope she puts the song back!
It would also be more of a balance in terms of album representation. Putting Seven Wonders back in would mean there were at least five songs from the set that post-date Tusk. That kind of balance is important.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I saw a couple of Enchanted shows later in the tour, and Waddy wasn't there. It was Frank Sims (?). But now I'm curious as to who sang Tom's parts...

On topic - I think "Seven Wonders" has sounded great every time I've heard it on this tour; if she's struggling with anything, it's "SotM".

And I'd rather see them stop adding shows than cut songs from the existing dates. Get off the damn road and get into the studio already!
Pretty sure Frank sang Tom's parts on SDMHA. Sounded way better than Waddy.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-03-2015, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
SS may cause more of a strain, but it's more expected by the audience than Seven Wonders.

Michele
Hence my comment that I fear Seven Wonders got dropped for some other reason...
Old 04-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Ledgie

I'd say it's Stevie herself who got sick of it, from the videos I watched she's going through the motions with the song. She didn't even write it, so I'd say she is just bored with it.

Pity for the likes of me, who was looking forward to hearing it.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hence my comment that I fear Seven Wonders got dropped for some other reason...
Got tired of paying Sandy Stewart.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
I'd say it's Stevie herself who got sick of it, from the videos I watched she's going through the motions with the song. She didn't even write it, so I'd say she is just bored with it.

Pity for the likes of me, who was looking forward to hearing it.
+1 Seven Wonders is beautiful... so is Songbird.