Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2003, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile What did you think....

I was wondering what you the Legies thought of the Waddy interview.
My self, I loved reading all the Fleetwood Mac and Stevie tid bits.
Waddy had a lot of funny things to say, specially about Stevie.
It sure made me come aware of Waddy's vast talent and work through out the years. Can you imagine working and knowing all those people. But with that said, and I'm probably going to get flamed for this. I lost some respect for the man becasue of his constant swearing, to me that does not show much class or respect. I wish they had blocked it out.
But that is just me......

Alison
Old 01-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: What did you think....

Quote:
Originally posted by Alison
I was wondering what you the Legies thought of the Waddy interview.
I thought it was a great read. I loved hearing more about the various Mac connections from Waddy. Kudos to blackcat & to Marty for supplying interesting content to the site---all without sticking us with a bill for plastic 3D glasses!

Nobody ever played "Outside the Rain" or "Stand Back" or "How Still My Love" or certainly "Edge of Seventeen" as well as Waddy did.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:09 PM
joe

Default Re: What did you think....

Quote:
Originally posted by Alison
But with that said, and I'm probably going to get flamed for this. I lost some respect for the man becasue of his constant swearing, to me that does not show much class or respect. I wish they had blocked it out.
But that is just me......

Alison

I won't flame you but it just brings to mind a hat that Mick Fleetwood was wearing once that had a patch on the front which read: "rock aint pretty buddy"

You gotta sacrifice a little class and respect for some good guitar playing!!
Old 01-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I wasn't offended by Waddy's choice of words, per se... but i know blackcat, and she's such classy person, that I wondered what she must have thought about some of the language.

I was raised to never use those kinds of words in front of a lady, so I always cringe a bit when someone is swearing up a storm in front of a woman.
But, having said that, all of the people I've known who've sworn the most, have been women. So go figure!

Funny Waddy swearing anecdote.... If you have the 'Stevie Nicks In Concert' video (the one filmed at the Fox Wilshire Theatre in December 1981), pay close attention to the part directly after "Edge Of Seventeen," when they take you backstage for a few minutes.
When Stevie walks backstage, with her arms filled with stuffed toys, etc., someone... and I'm pretty sure it's Waddy.... yells, "Hey, mother******!!!"
Stevie responds by playfully shouting, "Hey!! What is this language?!"

Johnny Stew
Old 01-14-2003, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Jonny Stew, It's nice to know some people have class. As far as the video you are talking about, I have never seen it in Canada. I wonder where I can get a copy.
Alison.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: What did you think....

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Kudos to blackcat & to Marty for supplying interesting content to the site---all without sticking us with a bill for plastic 3D glasses!
Lol!!

I thought it was a very informative read indeed. Many thanks to Marty for putting this together.

Parts like Stevie coming home and tripping over a hash fumes-engulfed Lindsey made me really crack up!

Old 01-14-2003, 03:27 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Funny Waddy swearing anecdote.... If you have the 'Stevie Nicks In Concert' video (the one filmed at the Fox Wilshire Theatre in December 1981), pay close attention to the part directly after "Edge Of Seventeen," when they take you backstage for a few minutes.
When Stevie walks backstage, with her arms filled with stuffed toys, etc., someone... and I'm pretty sure it's Waddy.... yells, "Hey, mother******!!!"

Johnny Stew
i was going to mention that before too!!! however, i think stevie's response is: "ahhhhhhhhhhh....what did you say boy?!"

(i've only watched this concert about a million times!)
Old 01-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew

HAHAHAHA...and here I thought I was hearing things! My friend Jill and I used to laugh about that part.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 01-14-2003, 07:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

I thought it was a great interview. Thanks to Blackcat and thanks to Marty for the great layout.

I was most interested in what Waddy had to say in regards to Stevie's TISL tour, and playing new songs in concert. Very cool about how fans connect with the "Stevie" chords in songs like POTU, FFG & BS. Nice to know he encouraged her to start off with something new, too, instead of the tired OTR/D opening. (I love both songs, but she had the same lead songs for 20 years! It was time for a change.)

Waddy's a very interesting guy...

Mike B.
Old 01-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
i think stevie's response is: "ahhhhhhhhhhh....what did you say boy?!"
You're right, it's definitely more of an "ahhhh," than a "hey," but to my ears, the rest sounds like "what is this language."

I imagine this will always be one of those "unsolved mysteries," where Fleetwood Mac is concerned!

Johnny Stew