User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2003, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicks Fan
I guess we will just have accept the fact that the band is functioning without ________
(insert name from below in blank)

And that's what I've been saying since 1970.

PETER GREEN (1970)
JEREMY SPENCER (1971)
DANNY KIRWAN (1972)
BOB WELCH (1974)
LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM (1987)
RICK VITO (1990)
BILLY BURNETTE (1995)
STEVIE NICKS (1990)
CHRISTINE McVIE (2002)

I cannot stress enough how personnel changes in Fleetwood Mac are so damned commonplace that somebody coming or going is really a non-issue for me. The only "issue" is that is just seemed like a big backward leap when they reformed an old incarnation rather than moving forward with "new blood". And, so I guess my own motto is kind of paraphrased from the quoted line above as:

I guess I will just have accept the fact that the band IS functioning.

As I posted on another board a couple of years ago:

Fleetwood Mac is dead; long live Fleetwood Mac
Old 02-03-2003, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb If Stevie and Lindsey joined or did side projects with other "bands"...

...I think that would be interesting. I was just listening to that Tonight Show performance of Sheryl Crowe's C'mon c'mon with Natlaie Maines and Stevie, and I was thinking, if these three made and album together, or maybe even with more female singer-songwriters, I'd totally run out and get it (as long as Sheryl didn't dominate). I would totally dig that, like Stevie joining a female Traveling Wilburys (whom I love, btw) with other women who are succesful artists in their own right and share a somewhat similar style or at least share an admiration for Stevie. She'd be like the Roy Orbison of the Wilburys, the one from the older generation.
What if Lindsey joined another band? I'd run out and buy a cd of him working his magic on someone else's material. I'd eat it up even if he just produced some band as a side project...that's what Chris Stein of Blondie did for years after Blondie's breakup (before their 2000 reunion) ...he was the brains behind Blondie and he produced several bands (I can't remember any of their names) and played guitar on their albums. I would dig it if Lindsey did that. Debbie Harry joined a jazz band.
I mean, doesn't Mick apparently have another band, Mojo?
I love Stevie and Lindseys solo work and love their Mac work even more but I'm all in favor of artists who do well in bands and solo to experiment with other folks...Kinda like Crosby Stills Nash and Young, who were all in successful bands (Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Hollies) before.
I'd love to hear if anyone likes (or doesn't like) this idea.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."