Old 10-30-2023, 08:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
what song were they recording?
If I remember correctly, it was "Walk a Thin Line"
Old 10-30-2023, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rumours Classic Albums. Followed very close by the Tusk documentary (I love the Angel recording session)

I have heard that the Disney Going Home doc was very good, but never saw it.
Old 10-30-2023, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
The Fleetwood mac at 21 doc is not the same as the Going Home from Disney, just fyi...not sure if it's on youtube...i looked but I don't see it. It was an old british documentary.

-Lis
Going Home is from 1993. Fleetwood Mac at 21 was circa 1988. Almost sure it was before Behind the Mask.
Old 10-31-2023, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Followed very close by the Tusk documentary (I love the Angel recording session)
Do you have the outtakes? Lots of good stuff on it.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:
The Fleetwood mac at 21 doc is not the same as the Going Home from Disney, just fyi...not sure if it's on youtube...i looked but I don't see it. It was an old british documentary.

-Lis
I'm not sure if I've seen that one.
Old 10-31-2023, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm not sure if I've seen that one.
It’s the one where John criticizes Stevie for complaining about how bad Fleetwood Mac has been for her. He says something like, “She hasn’t done all that poorly by us.”

I don’t love any TV documentary material (intended for broadcasting) all that much, but the 20/20 segment in 1980 was the one that excited me the most at the time. It was a way to revisit the tour that had just ended and the first big piece on the band on a network.

There are high spots in the laserdisc documentary — mostly from the live segments. But it gives that incomplete feeling I get when I listen to scattershot songs from a dozen concerts on the Live album. A lot of people compiling band audio and film over the years were obviously stoned and not very gifted to begin with in production terms.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-31-2023, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love the Rumours doc 1997, BuckVie Doc, Tusk Doc, and the Christine McVie film is amazing. special thanks for Steve for posting the unedited version. (have yet to watch it, but I will)
Yes to all or these. The only thing I don't dig about the Rumours doc (1997) is that none of the members are together while being interviewed. I know that could be standard for such things, but maybe even a bit of footage of them all, in 1997, hanging together in one room would have been swell.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my god….was that classic albums episode really from 1997???? 26 years ago….bejeezus!!!!!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-31-2023, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It’s the one where John criticizes Stevie for complaining about how bad Fleetwood Mac has been for her. He says something like, “She hasn’t done all that poorly by us.”
I've not seen that one, but you might be confusing it with the 1995 Rock Family Trees edition. Here's John's reaction to Stevie "filtering herself out"

https://youtu.be/Cw-5yiZYzgc?si=IZiSMk96dK0Bs4Oc&t=2660

Narrative (John Peel):
The concert marked the end of Stevie's time in Fleetwood Mac. She left and continued her solo career. For her, the 'Rumours' line up of the band had been it's high point.

Stevie Nicks:
It's just not replaceable'.y'know'Mick can go on for ever and ever trying to replace it'but he can't'it never will happen'.ever'.so I just didn't want to go through the grief of trying to create something out of something that had already been about as big as you could get.

John McVie:
She sort of filtered herself out'.like enough was enough'..(sigh)'.that turned ugly too'..we're her worst enemies'from what I read' -Mick is ,.. all that Fleetwood Mac has done to her is bad things' which is sort of boring ...and untrue''so'.(makes dismissive gesture with his hand).

I really liked this doc. Great that Bob Weston, Bob Welch & Bob Brunning were interviewed. If only they could have persuaded Peter, Jeremy and Danny to take part.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 10-31-2023 at 03:43 PM..
Old 10-31-2023, 05:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I've not seen that one, but you might be confusing it with the 1995 Rock Family Trees edition. Here's John's reaction to Stevie "filtering herself out"

https://youtu.be/Cw-5yiZYzgc?si=IZiSMk96dK0Bs4Oc&t=2660

Narrative (John Peel):
The concert marked the end of Stevie's time in Fleetwood Mac. She left and continued her solo career. For her, the 'Rumours' line up of the band had been it's high point.

Stevie Nicks:
It's just not replaceable'.y'know'Mick can go on for ever and ever trying to replace it'but he can't'it never will happen'.ever'.so I just didn't want to go through the grief of trying to create something out of something that had already been about as big as you could get.

John McVie:
She sort of filtered herself out'.like enough was enough'..(sigh)'.that turned ugly too'..we're her worst enemies'from what I read' -Mick is ,.. all that Fleetwood Mac has done to her is bad things' which is sort of boring ...and untrue''so'.(makes dismissive gesture with his hand).

I really liked this doc. Great that Bob Weston, Bob Welch & Bob Brunning were interviewed. If only they could have persuaded Peter, Jeremy and Danny to take part.
I just rewatched that documentary yesterday. There was clearly a lot of animosity between the members at this point, as per some of the snide remarks made by John McVie, Bob Weston, and Bob Welch.
Old 10-31-2023, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
I just rewatched that documentary yesterday. There was clearly a lot of animosity between the members at this point, as per some of the snide remarks made by John McVie, Bob Weston, and Bob Welch.
I'd say there was maybe more hurt on John's end, rather than animosity...? IMO he seemed hurt by how stevie had sort of turned on them and removed herself in her anger at Mick.

Weston seemed a bit peeved that Mick wouldn't take his call and hear the nice things he was gonna say about his book...and Welch was just giving his take on how he'd felt throughout his time in the band, which at times seemed frustrating.

It was a really good documentary though...

--Lis
Old 10-31-2023, 08:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I'd say there was maybe more hurt on John's end, rather than animosity...? IMO he seemed hurt by how stevie had sort of turned on them and removed herself in her anger at Mick.

Weston seemed a bit peeved that Mick wouldn't take his call and hear the nice things he was gonna say about his book...and Welch was just giving his take on how he'd felt throughout his time in the band, which at times seemed frustrating.

It was a really good documentary though...

--Lis
I largely agree with that. There did seem to be a lot of resentment on John's end when the firing of Bob Weston and even Danny Kirwan was brought up. There was certainly a lot of hurt when McVie discussed the circumstances of Green's departure.

Also keep in mind that a year prior to the documentary's filming Welch sued the band for alleged unpaid royalties. The lawsuit was still ongoing by the time Welch was interviewed and the case wasn't settled until 1996.
Old 11-01-2023, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yes to all or these. The only thing I don't dig about the Rumours doc (1997) is that none of the members are together while being interviewed. I know that could be standard for such things, but maybe even a bit of footage of them all, in 1997, hanging together in one room would have been swell.
And one of the only times I thought Lindsey had chubby face. He ended up losing all that weight over the tour.
Old 11-01-2023, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And one of the only times I thought Lindsey had chubby face. He ended up losing all that weight over the tour.
I wonder if he had a little work done. His eyes looked droopy there as well as his face being puffy. Later on his face seemed slimmer and his eyes also seemed more youthful....eyes don't really change if you lose weight lol.

--Lis
Old 11-01-2023, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if he had a little work done. His eyes looked droopy there as well as his face being puffy. Later on his face seemed slimmer and his eyes also seemed more youthful....eyes don't really change if you lose weight lol.

--Lis
I would not be surprised if he had work done.