The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Anyone Else feel this way about a new album...

I personally almost rather NOT have an album before this tour! There I said it. If there was no Christine then I'd be feeling the exact opposite. I'd want a tour behind a new album only if it were the 4 again.

I want at least one tour tho where they don't have to worry about playing new songs while Chris is involved so we can get a bigger variety of their backlougue done. We've gotten a scent amount of rarities from Stevie and Lindsey the past 11 years. I want to increase the odds of getting think about me, isn't it midnight or even why performed.

And honestly for me, the prospect of a song like you make loving fun in the next set feel like a giant surprise song in my mind even tho it isnt in any way. What I'm saying is Christine's third of the set is enough of refresher in the set for a lot of us.

If there are new songs I'll want to hear them the most obviously, but I can't miss songs i don't know exist so im fine witha tour in 2014 and an album in 2015, especially if that said album is already being recorded and can be out soon in 2015.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-06-2014, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm also not really interested in their new music. I'm sure they still have it and their music is still beautiful. It's just not the same to me.

I only want to see them perform their classics, no new songs, so they can throw in more deep cuts. I'm really hoping for Hold me and Little lies. That's alright would be nice too. Maybe one of Lindsey's from Mirage also.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I'm very interested in their new music, much moreso then their classics so really the correct response would've been no not exactly you don't feel this way .

I'm just glad were gonna get at least one leg of 25 songs with Christine in the band and no new songs to worry about fitting in. Th set would painfully write itself then outside the new songs with 0 chance of a surprise. And I also feel differently if it was

1. Tour
2. Start work on new album

Then I wouldn't care how many rarities we got,it wouldn't be worth it, but the way it currently looks like things are gonna pan out is the best case scenario, with most of the album being done before the tour but not actually being released.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

New album please. Tours and album deep cuts done live are only good if you see them live. And then only once. Albums and new songs last forever.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:27 AM
olive
This message has been deleted by olive.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not me. I want an album real bad as this is such a big deal with CM back in the mix. With so many months before the tour starts, they really should drop an album. Are 10-12 tracks really that hard for 3 band members?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

The thing about touring behind a new album with Christine is the fact that the band would most likely be doing 1 or 2 of her songs from it. If there were no new album to tour behind, then you'd probably end up getting in the place of those new songs, songs like "Over My Head" and "Oh Daddy." So that's not really a big loss over hearing the new songs. She's going to do the rest of her Rumours songs, "Say You Love Me" and "Everywhere" anyway, which is all most people care about. So I say go ahead and put out a new album and tour behind it.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To me, it is much more important to see Christine play her classics in person because I never have seen all five live before, just on YouTube. So this is a big deal for me, and I also think a lot of people would be disappointed if they left out a couple of Christine's classic hits in favor of new songs because she's hasn't performed the classics in 16 years and I think that's what most people come for, when they played new songs in 2013, it was like half time at a football game, everyone got up to go to the bathroom or get more drinks or go smoke outside.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

I really don't think there will be a new album out before this tour. It's going to be your standard traditional Fleetwood Mac show.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I personally almost rather NOT have an album before this tour! There I said it. If there was no Christine then I'd be feeling the exact opposite. I'd want a tour behind a new album only if it were the 4 again.

I want at least one tour tho where they don't have to worry about playing new songs while Chris is involved so we can get a bigger variety of their backlougue done. We've gotten a scent amount of rarities from Stevie and Lindsey the past 11 years. I want to increase the odds of getting think about me, isn't it midnight or even why performed.
i want new album, now! and i don't give a sh*t about yet another oldies tour, the only songs i'm interested in are Chris' oldies since LB's and Sn's FM oldies i've heard tons of times already last year.

you put a nice positive spin, but really, if you think you will get deep cuts, you are delusional. (i was that delusional last year. now i know better.) or easily satisfied with crumbs they gave fans with 1 deep cut / songwriter the last few tours.

of course if the new album somehow is out before the tour, i will probably scramble to get some show tickets, that i'm not buying now. as it looks now, it will be another oldies tour. i completely understand all deprived Christine fans wanting to go see it. i really don't get SN or LB fans getting anything out of it. (although i do plan to go to one show to see the 5.) this tour is for the masses, non-fans, and money-grab. from where i stand, it's purely insulting to fans - and this band is well aware there are tons of hard-core fans that follow them around. (at almost every show i've been at last year, there were same 20-30 people there, mostly SN hardcores, all the time.)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
To me, it is much more important to see Christine play her classics in person because I never have seen all five live before, just on YouTube. So this is a big deal for me, and I also think a lot of people would be disappointed if they left out a couple of Christine's classic hits in favor of new songs because she's hasn't performed the classics in 16 years and I think that's what most people come for, when they played new songs in 2013, it was like half time at a football game, everyone got up to go to the bathroom or get more drinks or go smoke outside.
most bands have something in their set for the masses that come to hear the hits, and something for hardcore fans too, who see them on every tour. not FM. they don't give a sh*t about hardcores.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders8323 View Post
The thing about touring behind a new album with Christine is the fact that the band would most likely be doing 1 or 2 of her songs from it. If there were no new album to tour behind, then you'd probably end up getting in the place of those new songs, songs like "Over My Head" and "Oh Daddy." So that's not really a big loss over hearing the new songs. She's going to do the rest of her Rumours songs, "Say You Love Me" and "Everywhere" anyway, which is all most people care about. So I say go ahead and put out a new album and tour behind it.
exactly!

Old 04-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Registered

I wonder what the ticket price is going to be for the privilege of hearing a couple of new songs ?
Old 04-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Not me. I want an album real bad as this is such a big deal with CM back in the mix. With so many months before the tour starts, they really should drop an album. Are 10-12 tracks really that hard for 3 band members?

Agree considering a big part of the album has already been recorded.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Agree considering a big part of the album has already been recorded.
I'm surprised that people would prefer only a tour. This lineup has not seen a studio album since 1987. The band already explored the whole reunion with a concert tour only to support a live album and DVD in 1997. So a studio album really is in store. It would make the upcoming tour even sweeter, especially if a new album is decent.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the band's side, the person who wants a new album the most is Lindsey because he's the one who consistently enjoys being in the studio. Everyone else is pretty much ambivalent. Unfortunately, there's no money in releasing new material (usually Stevie's argument), unless you sell more than a million copies, which the band probably wouldn't be able to do anymore. Most of it goes to the record label, which is true. But if the band tours, they are always guaranteed a minimum performance fee, which is negotiated beforehand is usually quite high. So really it's a no-brainer for the band. Less work, more pay.

I've always wondered about the band's performance minimums. I'd guess that Stevie would take no less than 100K per show.

Last edited by SpyNote; 04-06-2014 at 12:37 PM..