The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:18 AM

Default Mick Spotted

Mick Spotted at Village Recording Studio according to a blurb on FMnews .com.

Great news!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It has begun!!!

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...t-village.html

Thanks for the heads up! Now we know the Mac will be recording in LA, and at the Village Recorder. A very appropriate venue, given it's Mac history.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It has begun!!!

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...t-village.html

Thanks for the heads up! Now we know the Mac will be recording in LA, and at the Village Recorder. A very appropriate venue, given it's Mac history.

Did I miss something??? Other than the fact they bumped into Mick I don't see where this tweet says anything about FM recording there...Mick could have been at Village Recorder for any number of reasons...Won't it be considerably more expensive for them to record there as opposed to LB's studio??? I know Mick said something about most of the band recording in March but so far the only bit of information from Mick that has been confirmed is that CM will be working with FM...If Mick was spotted at a McDonalds would we assume he was there for a "Big Mac"...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 03-12-2014 at 01:25 PM..
Old 03-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Registered

Welcome to the New Album!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

Did I miss something??? Other than the fact they bumped into Mick I don't see where this tweet says anything about FM recording there...Mick could have been at Village Recorder for any number of reasons...Won't it be considerably more expensive for them to record there as opposed to LB's studio??? I know Mick said something about most of the band recording in March but so far the only bit of information from Mick that has been confirmed is that CM will be working with FM...If Mick was spotted at a McDonalds would we assume he was there for a "Big Mac"...
I happen to agree, which is why I said nothing about recording. It's great news that he is in Los Angeles, (not Hawaii) and spotted in a recording studio, (not a McDonald's) . It's just a collection of circumstantial evidence that points to my wants and wishes. It could be nothing, or everything, or anything in between.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, if you take that article from January that said they were getting back in the studio in March, and somebody SAW Mick in a studio in March...STORY ADDS UP.

I don't necessarily believe in happy coincidence with these people.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-12-2014 at 03:49 PM..
Old 03-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well, if you take that article from January that said they were getting back in the studio in March, and somebody SAW Mick in a studio in March...STORY ADDS UP.

I don't necessarily believe in happy coincidence with these people.
I agree. This whole thing has been building behind the scenes since mid last year. Christine wouldn't have joined the Mac onstage unless she was rejoining the band. I knew the band would not admit to Christine's return until the 4 piece Mac had completed all their contractually obligated shows, either. 1 week after that came to pass, it was announced Christine was back in the band. Mick announced a while back that Christine was joining most of the band in the studio in March. It's now March, and Mick was spotted in the studio that Fleetwood Mac itself paid to build. Even if the rest of the band wasn't present at the studio at that moment, you'd better believe Mick was there on some sort of official capacity. Even if it's just to hammer out a deal with the studio for time usage, to check on equipment, etc.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unless plans have changed since the first of the year, the plan originally was to record at Village. We shall see if everyone participates.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Between Chris' unexpected "return" or so we are led to believe and in combination with John's cancer, I think they are keeping everything on the DL because so many things are at risk. For all we know, they could venture into a new album and something could trigger the entire thing to crumble/blow up in their faces. No doubt they are most likely working together, but probably treading cautiously incase something puts the breaks on the entire thing. In that case, it won't be a media circus because nobody will know. Plus, I'm sure there is less pressure if everything is on the DL.

If they are recording a bunch at the Village recorders, I'm surprised they are willing to spend the cash going that route - you would think renting a house would be more economical. Maybe they don't care - they want the sound to be perfect this time (unlike SYW)
Old 03-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Unless plans have changed since the first of the year, the plan originally was to record at Village. We shall see if everyone participates.
interesting. the whole album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
If they are recording a bunch at the Village recorders, I'm surprised they are willing to spend the cash going that route
me too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Won't it be considerably more expensive for them to record there as opposed to LB's studio???
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
If they are recording a bunch at the Village recorders, I'm surprised they are willing to spend the cash going that route - you would think renting a house would be more economical. Maybe they don't care - they want the sound to be perfect this time (unlike SYW)
I think things have changed for everyone involved since the last Mac album. I have a feeling they want the recording process to be much quicker than Say You Will- hence not renting a house. First of all John is dealing with cancer treatment- he can't dawdle endlessly, and I doubt he'd want to. Secondly, Lindsey's got a big active family these days which I'm sure he wouldn't want to be parted from for 16 hour days for months on end. Thirdly, we have Christine who's visiting from another country to do this; Mick & John are visiting from Hawaii. Lastly, I'm sure they're not getting any lavish up front offers from record labels to pay for a 1 year mansion & equipment leases. Time is of the essence this go around. They need to get into the studio & get out. Recording at an actual studio will hold them to that.

I never thought the band would record at Lindsey's anyway- first of all, I can't see his wife being okay with that circus taking over her house for months on end. Secondly, I don't think Mac politics would allow it- recording has to be done at a mutually independent place. If they recorded at Lindsey's house, the power shift would be thrown off. Something I'm sure especially Stevie would not be cool with. Thirdly, Lindsey's recording studio is a garage basement facility. Fine for recording his solo albums, but would it really be big enough for the Mac & it's associated entourage? Does he have the parking space, either?
Old 03-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1122223]interesting. the whole album?

As far as I know. I was surprised too. Village seemed like a big commitment when nothing was firm as far as who was doing what. (As in number of tracks etc...). Christine was the only one mentioning new songs for Lindsey to play with. I will be surprised if they are able to do a full Mac album. The volatility of the studio environment makes me nervous. I don't want them hating each other 6 months before a tour.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:53 PM

[QUOTE=FM77;1122227]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting. the whole album?

As far as I know. I was surprised too. Village seemed like a big commitment when nothing was firm as far as who was doing what. (As in number of tracks etc...). Christine was the only one mentioning new songs for Lindsey to play with. I will be surprised if they are able to do a full Mac album. The volatility of the studio environment makes me nervous. I don't want them hating each other 6 months before a tour.
I want them hating each other while writing and recording.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want the tour way more than the album.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I want the tour way more than the album.
I sure don't. I can't stomach another Rumours rehash.