Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Buckingham Sues Fleetwood Mac - Our Thoughts

While looking for Youtube songs from the current tour, I happened upon these two dudes giving their take on the latest drama. Aside from looking like stereotypical aging rock star fans at a show, I thought they had some good insight.
I also found the full Buckingham Nicks album as I was going down the Fleetwood Mac rabbit hole last night. It made me sad to hear the album knowing what we know now.
It also made me realize we'll never see these two sing together again.
End of an era -- I wish I had gone to more shows over the last few tours. I sat them out because I knew I'd go this year.

This biggest take away from all of this:
It was a ****ty thing for the band to do to Buckingham. A simple **** You on their part, but it feels like they didn't think about the fan's perspective when they made their decision.
And of course there are two sides to this story, but whatever it was, Lindsey didn't deserve to be hung out to dry in front of the whole world to see.
I've never known of this level of immaturity amongst 70 year olds. But I suppose emotional maturity can't be measured by age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1kHeix-55c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxNwrSArMvE
Old 10-17-2018, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
While looking for Youtube songs from the current tour, I happened upon these two dudes giving their take on the latest drama. Aside from looking like stereotypical aging rock star fans at a show, I thought they had some good insight.
I also found the full Buckingham Nicks album as I was going down the Fleetwood Mac rabbit hole last night. It made me sad to hear the album knowing what we know now.
It also made me realize we'll never see these two sing together again.
End of an era -- I wish I had gone to more shows over the last few tours. I sat them out because I knew I'd go this year.

This biggest take away from all of this:
It was a ****ty thing for the band to do to Buckingham. A simple **** You on their part, but it feels like they didn't think about the fan's perspective when they made their decision.
And of course there are two sides to this story, but whatever it was, Lindsey didn't deserve to be hung out to dry in front of the whole world to see.
I've never known of this level of immaturity amongst 70 year olds. But I suppose emotional maturity can't be measured by age.

A lot of great points here. Totally agree. And I don't think Stevie or Lindsey would disagree how great their harmonies sound together. Saddens me we will never hear it again. Most of this situation saddens me actually.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The saddest part is that they're TOO STUPID AND NEAR SIGHTED to see that they completely RUINED the legendary legacy that they were previously leaving.

$tevie's ego be damned. It's all over now. #stupidf*ckers #allofthem
Old 10-17-2018, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Frozen Love came up on my iPod mix today. I will never get to hear it live in my life. (not that they could probably sing it nowadays vocally anyway, but still).

It may be hard to keep up with me
But I'll always be able to reach you....

And if you go forward
I'll meet you there
And if you climb up
though the cold, freezing air
Look down below you
Search out above
Cry out to life
For a frozen love
Old 10-17-2018, 10:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The saddest part is that they're TOO STUPID AND NEAR SIGHTED to see that they completely RUINED the legendary legacy that they were previously leaving.

Agreed. Honestly though they could have been so much more than they were if they had just had their **** together from the start.

1. If the band stopped getting high and drunk all the time we'd have so much more released live footage of them from all eras. Instead we have drunken and poorly rehearsed footage from the Tusk and Mirage eras and some fake nonsense from 1987.

2. If the band stopped fighting for 8 seconds maybe we'd have some better music videos instead of just Gypsy, Seven Wonders, and..... Big Love?

3. If the band had supported Lindsey after Tusk maybe his Mirage songs wouldn't be so subpar (sorry to the fans, I love Eyes of the World and all but you can't argue it's his strongest material by any means)

4. If the band hadn't been such assholes on the Mirage tour towards each other and caused a hiatus we'd have some truly killer 80s albums.

5. If Stevie stopped partying for 8 seconds and focused on her writing and we'd have some killer material from her instead of nonsense like The Nightmare, random covers like Cry Wolf, or phoned in pop songs like If I Were You.

6. If Stevie had stopped running around the world and getting drunk in the studio Tango in the Night could have been one of the best pop albums of the 80s.

7. If the band just let Billy and Rick do their thing on Behind the Mask we might have had an interesting album instead of them guesting on subpar songs like When it Comes to Love or Love is Dangerous.

8. If Stevie didn't get addicted to benzos her material and live performances after the realse of TOSOTM and BTM would have been infinitely stronger.

9. If Chris had actually tried with her 1984 album it could have been great (The Smile I Live For) as opposed to bland as bread (I'm the One, The Challenge)

10. If the band was more confident in their non-Rumours material their live sets could have been so interesting. Imagine just a recorded show ala "The Dance" playing Tusk from beginning to end. Other bands do stuff like this to celebrate the material!

11. If Lindsey hadn't dominated the Say You Will album and Stevie was more willing to collaborate the production may have been more balanced and the tour less heated.

12. If Chris had more passion for her songs she might have pushed for more interesting material in her live sets

13. If Lindsey and the others hadn't been as dismissive of Stevie's solo career she might not have just gave them her leftover songs (Welcome to the Room Sara, Juliet, Affairs of the Heart?)

14. If they could all get off their egos the 2000s could have been a great decade for all involved.

Sorry if that post was kinda negative, but it just seems like FMAC could have been so much bigger than they were if they just stopped being children for a second.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 10-17-2018, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

number 9. Shows what Lindsey did for Chris's songs. Her solo album was good and boy can she write a hook, but imagine if it had a little Lindsey edge to it and she had hired a LB like producer?
Old 10-17-2018, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
number 9. Shows what Lindsey did for Chris's songs. Her solo album was good and boy can she write a hook, but imagine if it had a little Lindsey edge to it and she had hired a LB like producer?
YES! She is a very good hooky songwriter. She just needs a good producer to put her songs over the top.

Lindsey was probably always the best producer for both her and Old Goat Breath. He had the feel for both of their songs...he knew how to make them stand out.

Gee, it's a damned shame they f*cked that up.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm beginning to wonder if some of the remaining members of Fleetwood Mac are not already in their second childhoods. It is difficult to to ascertain what else could account for such extremely childish and emotionally immature behavior,

Old 10-18-2018, 09:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

I agree with every word of this. The more I read the articles, the stronger I feel about this disgrace.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Agreed. Honestly though they could have been so much more than they were if they had just had their **** together from the start.

1. If the band stopped getting high and drunk all the time we'd have so much more released live footage of them from all eras. Instead we have drunken and poorly rehearsed footage from the Tusk and Mirage eras and some fake nonsense from 1987.

2. If the band stopped fighting for 8 seconds maybe we'd have some better music videos instead of just Gypsy, Seven Wonders, and..... Big Love?

3. If the band had supported Lindsey after Tusk maybe his Mirage songs wouldn't be so subpar (sorry to the fans, I love Eyes of the World and all but you can't argue it's his strongest material by any means)

4. If the band hadn't been such assholes on the Mirage tour towards each other and caused a hiatus we'd have some truly killer 80s albums.

5. If Stevie stopped partying for 8 seconds and focused on her writing and we'd have some killer material from her instead of nonsense like The Nightmare, random covers like Cry Wolf, or phoned in pop songs like If I Were You.

6. If Stevie had stopped running around the world and getting drunk in the studio Tango in the Night could have been one of the best pop albums of the 80s.

7. If the band just let Billy and Rick do their thing on Behind the Mask we might have had an interesting album instead of them guesting on subpar songs like When it Comes to Love or Love is Dangerous.

8. If Stevie didn't get addicted to benzos her material and live performances after the realse of TOSOTM and BTM would have been infinitely stronger.

9. If Chris had actually tried with her 1984 album it could have been great (The Smile I Live For) as opposed to bland as bread (I'm the One, The Challenge)

10. If the band was more confident in their non-Rumours material their live sets could have been so interesting. Imagine just a recorded show ala "The Dance" playing Tusk from beginning to end. Other bands do stuff like this to celebrate the material!

11. If Lindsey hadn't dominated the Say You Will album and Stevie was more willing to collaborate the production may have been more balanced and the tour less heated.

12. If Chris had more passion for her songs she might have pushed for more interesting material in her live sets

13. If Lindsey and the others hadn't been as dismissive of Stevie's solo career she might not have just gave them her leftover songs (Welcome to the Room Sara, Juliet, Affairs of the Heart?)

14. If they could all get off their egos the 2000s could have been a great decade for all involved.

Sorry if that post was kinda negative, but it just seems like FMAC could have been so much bigger than they were if they just stopped being children for a second.
All of this. Especially the late 80’s/early 90’s Stevie but. TOSOTM concert was a massive snooze fest, with Stevie walking off stage at the end of every song just to come back out to long intros and phone in another one.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post

Unfortunately that is evident in the exchanges that have been happening on this site as of late.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
Unfortunately that is evident in the exchanges that have been happening on this site as of late.
Hi there, pot!

Old 10-18-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Hi there, pot!
You must have the wrong person.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
You must have the wrong person.
That's what pots always say.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's what pots always say.
LOL. That's true, but only kettles feel the need to point it out.