Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I wonder if she'll move to Los Angeles or Hawaii.
She could just be upgrading her English digs. She must have made many millions since rejoining FM, and through selling her country house, etc.

I’m honestly surprised her flat isn’t priced higher, though. Seems way too cheap for central London with a waterfront view & all that space! Who knew she’d owned it since 1992, too? I remember seeing pics of her there for some In The Meantime articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Makes me wonder...does she have a boyfriend, or even friends? $tevie ALWAYS has people surrounding her, but I can't really picture(as in, IN pictures) Chris with people around her(other than FM). Her dogs....
I’ve often wondered this, too. She’s just so private and understated about her fame.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
She could just be upgrading her English digs. She must have made many millions since rejoining FM, and through selling her country house, etc.

I’m honestly surprised her flat isn’t priced higher, though. Seems way too cheap for central London with a waterfront view & all that space! Who knew she’d owned it since 1992, too? I remember seeing pics of her there for some In The Meantime articles.

I’ve often wondered this, too. She’s just so private and understated about her fame.
In my opinion, Christine has been the smartest about her FAME. She's made so much $$$ and yet remains low key. Being famous is not easy. I once did a local show here in LA and people want to talk and talk and talk and talk... And while I believe it's a responsibility to talk to your cash flow. Unless you have security and what not... people/folks/fans can get really crazy. You see them push and shove. $tevie rarely goes out without disguise because of this.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In my opinion, Christine has been the smartest about her FAME. She's made so much $$$ and yet remains low key. Being famous is not easy. I once did a local show here in LA and people want to talk and talk and talk and talk... And while I believe it's a responsibility to talk to your cash flow. Unless you have security and what not... people/folks/fans can get really crazy. You see them push and shove. $tevie rarely goes out without disguise because of this.
I'd hate it. I play in a band, and the places where we do have a dressing room, I NEVER leave the dressing room. I don't want to go out there and talk to all those people, pretending to like them. lol. Some people love and crave it. I'm not one of those. Seems like Christine is the same.

You couldn't give me fame on a silver platter. Fortune is a different story.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'd hate it. I play in a band, and the places where we do have a dressing room, I NEVER leave the dressing room. I don't want to go out there and talk to all those people, pretending to like them. lol. Some people love and crave it. I'm not one of those. Seems like Christine is the same.

You couldn't give me fame on a silver platter. Fortune is a different story.
I can talk to a point. But then people want to invite you over and hang out with you. I love when people have seen me in a play or played music and tell me it was awesome. That's an amazing feeling. But, a lot will go beyond that. And if you perform in a bar it's even worse. lol
Old 06-28-2018, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm very surprised by this news. Having owned that flat for such a long time it seems odd to sell her London bolthole now.
I can only assume one of two things;
a) she feels settled in the US and has no thoughts of ever moving back to the UK long term
b) she'd like to spend more time in London but would like a bigger place

So that's clear then

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-28-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm very surprised by this news. Having owned that flat for such a long time it seems odd to sell her London bolthole now.
I can only assume one of two things;
a) she feels settled in the US and has no thoughts of ever moving back to the UK long term
b) she'd like to spend more time in London but would like a bigger place

So that's clear then
She moved to Belgravia, a different part of London, after she rejoined FM. She was renting there around the time of the LBCM album. I assume she’s maybe buying somewhere new in the UK, or plans to post-tour, and so wanted to get rid of the other apartment & realise some cash.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
She moved to Belgravia, a different part of London, after she rejoined FM. She was renting there around the time of the LBCM album. I assume she’s maybe buying somewhere new in the UK, or plans to post-tour, and so wanted to get rid of the other apartment & realise some cash.
Hmmm. Are you sure about this? Belgravia is literally just the other side of the river to where this flat is. I remember her giving interviews from this particular flat when she rejoined (having moved out of her Kent house). Can't see why she'd rent a flat in Belgravia when she owns a perfectly good place 5 minutes away.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-28-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmm. Are you sure about this? Belgravia is literally just the other side of the river to where this flat is. I remember her giving interviews from this particular flat when she rejoined (having moved out of her Kent house). Can't see why she'd rent a flat in Belgravia when she owns a perfectly good place 5 minutes away.
I could see her wanting to sell and not own if the London housing market is having troubles, especially since she’s been working outside of London over the past few years.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I could see her wanting to sell and not own if the London housing market is having troubles, especially since she’s been working outside of London over the past few years.
The London housing market is booming.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-28-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The London housing market is booming.
London house prices fall as UK growth hits five-year low

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-29-2018, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I am sure.

She was renting there when she was interviewed by Mojo in 2017. She also featured in one of the neighbourhood periodicals around that time, saying how much she loved the area.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Bejesus, would you look at that. I stand corrected. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Yes, I am sure.

She was renting there when she was interviewed by Mojo in 2017. She also featured in one of the neighbourhood periodicals around that time, saying how much she loved the area.
In that case, perhaps she just doesn't like that flat south of the river. Seems even when she sold her house she prefered renting a place rather than moving into her flat 5 minutes (maybe 10) walk away.
Edit: maybe its too high up

Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-29-2018, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
$tevie used the toilet last.
That's like knowing someone died in the house.
Or that the home was built on top of an old cemetery.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
That's like knowing someone died in the house.
Or that the home was built on top of an old cemetery.
hahahahahahahaha
Old 07-03-2018, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Belgravia? Isn't that where all the Russian oligarchs and that sort live? Doesn't seem like her sort of place, unless she plans to be a never-at-home owner as well.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/02/w...-visitors.html