User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
That isn't true though. I was a die hard SN fan for years and defended her over and over. I eventually started getting into the solo works of other members of FM past and present. That is the big difference allot of people who claim to be FM fans are really just SN fans. They have likely never owned and or never seen a FM concert without her in the band and likely have never seen a solo show by any other member. They also rarely if ever said two words about people like Peter Green and Bob Welch and now because they are or were doing some of their FM material they are gushing like they were always a fan of that era and owned the cd's.

This comment about them not deciding to just suddenly fire him is BS. The Buckingham McVie recording sessions were just fine. Not one person said anything bad about the sessions. In my opinion Stevie wanted MC in the band for whatever reason. I understand that Tom's death hit her hard but she isn't the only person who lost him that day. His wife and kids lost him, allot of longtime fans lost someone they respected and admired (Me being one of them). This pity party she has going on over his death is frankly a bit much.

I don't believe there are any Lindsey fans on here that think he is perfect. Most of us have said numerous times that we are well aware of his bad behavior from over the years, but that also goes for EVERY other FM member. Allot of the SN fans seem to have an excuse for every time she delayed a tour and or album and or quote outright lies from books like Storms and GDW? Most Lindsey fans have openly admitted to his bad behaviors but we all know under the influence of drugs and alcohol etc members can and did some pretty stupid things. The difference is some of us can see that while others only see his bad behavior as something that shouldn't be ignored while excusing hers time and again.

I am curious as to what it is you think he did to deserve getting fired? The tour delay???? SN demanded a year in 2012 to tour and they didn't sack her. The abuse ???? SN launched herself across a room and attacked him in 87 why wasn't she sacked for that (Never mind she was barely there for the recording sessions). Everyone loves to tell that story about how he grabbed her by the throat but always leave out the part I mentioned above.

She has also said some pretty mean and or stupid things about him in interviews over the years like calling him MR Useless etc. I don't hate SN but I also don't love Lindsey. I respect their talents as artists and such but because I know how badly they abused drugs and what effects it had I have never had anyone's feet to the fire more then anyone else.

If SN had a heart attack I would be just as upset as I am over Lindsey. Regardless of how I feel about her now I wouldn't wish harm to her under any circumstances.

This, all of this!!!

This is the nuance that alludes Stevie fans.

Last edited by justcrazylove; 03-02-2019 at 08:53 PM..
Old 03-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Originally Posted by singertobe
Quote:
...What's been done cannot be undone and chastising her won't bring back her babies nor any of the other babies that have been unnecessarily killed since RvW. All we can really do as pro lifers is provide women with the facts about fetal development, present her other options (abstinence, contraception, sterilization, adoption), provide whatever financial support we can, and hope its enough to get them to see the light.
Hands down, most offensive post of the year (perhaps decade).
Perhaps another option would have been for you to have been aborted. Just sayin'...
Old 03-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Originally Posted by singertobe

Hands down, most offensive post of the year (perhaps decade).
Perhaps another option would have been for you to have been aborted. Just sayin'...
Um... how is that offensive? I thought it was very kind.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree 100% that it's a woman's choice, and I'm 100% pro choice.

THAT SAID, when we discuss her horrible character, and complete narcissism, then I think it's fair to discuss her willingness to put her career above anything else in life. Whether that's love, or having some pesky children. I think the subject is fair game, ~again~ when we're discussing her lack of character.

No kids are gonna ruin my barnyard party!!!
And it’s fair game when you’re saying all the time how much you love kids and all that. Unless she loves other people’s kids (except Lindsey’s) but not her own children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Um... how is that offensive? I thought it was very kind.
It wasn’t. They just can’t swallow the bitter pill named “4 abortions”. Or even more.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I seriously doubt all of what you said. You worship him the same way you say Stevie fans worship her. God forbid she had a heart attack. You and your crew would have a field day blaming her because of her past drug use, weight, you name it. And some of you would have done this whether Lindsey had been fired or not.

And for the record, I have never once thought or said Stevie was the most fantastic person in the world. The idea is LAUGHABLE that anyone in this band, or any musician, would get that honor. You are generalizing, throwing all people who like Stevie into one group so you can insult them.

True, I am not one bit sorry he got fired at this point. His own actions contributed. This is the part YOUR cult does not understand; that they didn’t suddenly decide to do this. HE contributed to his own ousting. And you will no doubt start arguing again, but that is fine. In the grand scheme of things your personal opinion means as little as mine does.
If Stevie has a heart attack I probably wouldn’t care much because I never cared much for her. The reasons would probably be everything you named but not being fired by Lindsey. That’s for sure. We all know that would never happen. Which was my initial scenario. So don’t try to twist it into “poor Stevie”.

About his firing, Lindsey said “it was all Stevie”, so my opinion, and especially yours, don’t matter. All I heard from Stevie camp was a lie about him not wanting to tour. Lindsey said it was all her. On national TV. And she didn’t say that was wrong or the real reason. Because there’s no real reason. Just one of her usual whims. And she gave him a heart attack.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-03-2019, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default !

Originally Posted by button-lip
Quote:
They just can’t swallow the bitter pill named “4 abortions”. Or even more.
Such hogwash. I've organised more ABORTIONS than you've had hot dinners. I am PROUD of what I have contributed in this regard. ABORTION RULES!
Old 03-03-2019, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Originally Posted by button-lip

Such hogwash. I've organised more ABORTIONS than you've had hot dinners. I am PROUD of what I have contributed in this regard. ABORTION RULES!
Good for you. Tell it to someone that actually CARES.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually feel sorry for Stevie. When she sees Lindsey's kids she no doubt thinks about the children she aborted and what "could have been". We all know she writes about them... Sara, The Tower (aka Goodbye Baby) etc... So many ghosts in her life, every time she sings about them. She is truly a haunted person. Haunted by the ghosts of her past. She lives there. She is stuck in the 1970s because of her choices. He got it "all", even if his fame without Fleetwood Mac is not as big as hers. It is a pity she take her own unhappiness out on Lindsey. Maybe someday she will write a book and some young woman will read it and it will serve as a deterrent to her aborting a helpless life growing inside her.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
I actually feel sorry for Stevie. When she sees Lindsey's kids she no doubt thinks about the children she aborted and what "could have been". We all know she writes about them... Sara, The Tower (aka Goodbye Baby) etc... So many ghosts in her life, every time she sings about them. She is truly a haunted person. Haunted by the ghosts of her past. She lives there. She is stuck in the 1970s because of her choices. He got it "all", even if his fame without Fleetwood Mac is not as big as hers. It is a pity she take her own unhappiness out on Lindsey. Maybe someday she will write a book and some young woman will read it and it will serve as a deterrent to her aborting a helpless life growing inside her.
I hope so. Its certainly taught me one thing. Stay abstinent, which I intend to do. I want to adopt someday. A little girl who'll be my princess. I wanna give her everything in the world.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whilst not wanting to get into the Stevie and her abortions discussion.

I have to comment that most terminations are not taken lightly, the decision to go down that route will NOT have been taken without much thought and heart breaking consideration.

An abortion is not a form of birth control, that is a disgusting idea.

The abortion is usually a last resort due to health reasons, social reasons, mental health reasons and God forbid, if the woman’s pregnancy is due to rape.

Sorry but I felt quite strongly....
Old 03-03-2019, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Take your Pro-life BS and head over to your religious forums, don't conflate Stevie's situation and your own, talking about abstinence. Give me a ****ing break.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Take your Pro-life BS and head over to your religious forums, don't conflate Stevie's situation and your own, talking about abstinence. Give me a ****ing break.
I don’t have a situation, what Stevie did was wrong, grossly wrong.
What abstinence ??? Sorry you’ve got me there.
I made a statement of opinion, that having a termination, must be a hard decision for any ordinary women to make..
I’m an agnostic, so don’t even know any religious forums.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post

I believe they were referring to singertobe.

Amen, I don't know of any god forums, either!
Old 03-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I don’t have a situation, what Stevie did was wrong, grossly wrong.
I made a statement of opinion, that having a termination, must be a hard decision for any ordinary women to make..
Sue this clearly wasn't directed towards you.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I believe they were referring to singertobe.

Amen, I don't know of any god forums, either!
Oooops ...thankyou Homer
Mwah, mwah.
That’s what happens watching Endeavour (bloody good episode tonight)