The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually believe those exact words probably came out of Lindsey's mouth and they probably came out of his mouth during SYW too. And I'm usually not one to take Lindsey's side, but I have to agree with him on this one. Her leaving the band sucked for us, but imagine being in that band and finally making your comeback and then a key player saying she's done. It changed their dynamic, it changed their future, and her choice to leave the band affected all of them artistically, emotionally, and financially. I think Lindsey adores Chris and would gladly welcome her back to the band any day, but he doesn't want her to just "come and go" without putting some skin in the game and actually being in the band. If she is done, she needs to be done. She can't record SYW with them and then not tour, she can't do full shows in London but not any other city, and Fleetwood Mac can't cater to someone who is no longer part of the band. If she wants to do anything more than a few appearances during Don't Stop then she needs to actually rejoin the band and be in the band. And I think Chris feels the exact same way. It was probably Stevie (and also Mick) saying, "Oh let's have her do the whole show!!" and Lindsey keeping them in check. I love Chris and would love any involvement she has with the Mac in the future, but I can see why Lindsey isn't so open to it.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think he has a particular ego about Christine coming on stage and stealing his ISA thunder. I mean, mainly because she never intruded on his stage antics in the first place (although because more of her songs were used, he obviously had less stage time for his own songs, but he could still do a NTF that never ended). Also, recall that it was not Christine's idea to do Songbird on stage alone anyway. She said the boys, including Lindsey, prodded her into doing that.

So, I don't think he has the sort of ego where he was jealous of the attention she was getting on stage for this cameo appearance. I just think he doesn't seem open to her working with FM on some things and not on others, like recording and not touring.

In that respect, I can definitely imagine him saying that "she can't just come and go". And my answer to that is why would he even care if she doesn't tour. Why not just record with her, as the easiest way to get new FM music?
Or create a compromise and not do a mammoth-sized tour behind a hypothetical new album. Just some arena residencies in major cities, perhaps a few smaller venue shows, then release one of the shows on DVD. That would be very lucrative, plus they can focus on putting on quality shows AND not overwhelm Christine so much.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And my answer to that is why would he even care if she doesn't tour. Why not just record with her, as the easiest way to get new FM music?
yes. i wish he would get that, finally. if Christine is willing. she may be same type of character as Lindsey, needing to be asked.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. i wish he would get that, finally. if Christine is willing. she may be same type of character as Lindsey, needing to be asked.
Wait, I've got this...
1. Chris and Lindsey start the Buckingham Perfect train and record some things.
2. Ask Mick to play drums on couple of songs.
3. Chris and Lindsey debate on who gets to play bass. They especially avoid to bring up John.
4. They bring John along anyway.
5. They play together, realizing that they're breathing the same oxygen again.
6. Stevie finds out, and chugs along.

The events unfold 'organically' and voila, new FM album.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Wait, I've got this...
1. Chris and Lindsey start the Buckingham Perfect train and record some things.
2. Ask Mick to play drums on couple of songs.
3. Chris and Lindsey debate on who gets to play bass. They especially avoid to bring up John.
4. They bring John along anyway.
5. They play together, realizing that they're breathing the same oxygen again.
6. Get Stevie going.

The events unfold 'organically' and voila, new FM album.
wait wait... deja vu?

and, comes back down to that: just need that Buckingham Perfect train going.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey, not again. When will he learn?....most of the fans aren't there for him. It makes me sad to say it, but it's true. No Stevie, no visibility and rock persona. No Christine, no pop hits. I don't know whose side to back since we all know how often Stevie gets things wrong, but it would be a shame if Lindsey precluded Chris from playing more songs. Especially if that meant performances of songs we haven't heard in years: Everywhere, Little Lies, You Make Loving Fun, Say You Love Me, and of course Songbird.

I love Breaking Bad. What a tv show. It made me so happy to read comments of other people touched by the show. It has been so good from the very first season, and the quality never really waver. I wouldn't equate Stevie vs. Lindsey to Walt and Jesse's relationship though, that one made me laugh.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wait wait... deja vu?

and, comes back down to that: just need that Buckingham Perfect train going.
The deja vu was exactly what I was going for.

Choo! choo!

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's how I thought Mick would help. He can ask Lindsey and Christine to do what they can't/won't ask each other. I thought he understood this, which was behind his big push to get her to America in the first place.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's how I thought Mick would help. He can ask Lindsey and Christine to do what they can't/won't ask each other. I thought he understood this, which was behind his big push to get her to America in the first place.

Michele
yes.

and on the smaller scale, how he waved Stevie and Christine over yesterday, after Lindsey was ignored when he tried.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes.

and on the smaller scale, how he waved Stevie and Christine over yesterday, after Lindsey was ignored when he tried.
And this is why Lindsey/Chris interests me more than Buckingham Nicks.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it just possible that Lindsey may have been attempting to force Christine's hand by encouraging her to join them onstage in a full-time capacity, at least during the UK leg? Maybe he was secretly hoping for more rather than less?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Is it just possible that Lindsey may have been attempting to force Christine's hand by encouraging her to join them onstage in a full-time capacity, at least during the UK leg? Maybe he was secretly hoping for more rather than less?
Remember a few months ago when Mick said he had to agree to stop asking Christine to rejoin the band? I do think Mick truly thought it was possible something like that could happen, earlier this year, even if no one else particularly did.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Lindsey, not again. When will he learn?....most of the fans aren't there for him. It makes me sad to say it, but it's true. No Stevie, no visibility and rock persona. No Christine, no pop hits. I don't know whose side to back since we all know how often Stevie gets things wrong, but it would be a shame if Lindsey precluded Chris from playing more songs. Especially if that meant performances of songs we haven't heard in years: Everywhere, Little Lies, You Make Loving Fun, Say You Love Me, and of course Songbird.

I love Breaking Bad. What a tv show. It made me so happy to read comments of other people touched by the show. It has been so good from the very first season, and the quality never really waver. I wouldn't equate Stevie vs. Lindsey to Walt and Jesse's relationship though, that one made me laugh.
Really? This again? I know plenty of fans who are there for him, or Mick, or even John. Yes, we all know Stevie has a larger fan base but she's not playing these huge arenas on her own so I'm not sure how you can say most people are not there for Lindsey and imply they are there for Stevie. If anything, I'd say most fans are there for the combination of Lindsey, Stevie, Mick and John. There have been plenty of reviews that have said Lindsey stole the show, so I doubt the tour would be as successful without him.

As for the article, I don't think there is enough information to start jumping all over Lindsey. There are no direct quotes from Stevie saying Lindsey said what the article implies. The magazine(?) is trying to create buzz and interest in their article, which appears to have worked. And since when did Lindsey have so much power in the band? He wasn't the reason they toured this year instead of last and he wasn't the reason they didn't record a full length album. If the others wanted Christine to do more there is plenty of pull between the three of them to make that happen.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
if he said it, then possibly. we don't know. and i have no doubt Stevie is giving whatever version suits her needs.

what i do know is i hate this. it was Christine's moment yesterday. everything sounded and looked beautiful. love was all around. then we saw this stupid interview snippet and everything is back to bashing and throwing darts at each other.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if he said it, then possibly. we don't know. and i have no doubt Stevie is giving whatever version suits her needs.

what i do know is i hate this. it was Christine's moment yesterday. everything sounded and looked beautiful. love was all around. then we saw this stupid interview snippet and everything is back to bashing and throwing darts at each other.
Same, man. I was up at 6am for Chris' appearance, then later that night...