Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick's "Big Picture" Interview

This interview with Mick was posted in the Stevie Forum a few days ago, leading to several pages of wailing & gnashing of teeth, gasps and finger-pointings, some pouty petulance and some lukewarm hopefulness, a witch-burning or two, and, inexplicably, a bout of Bekka-bashing.

While everyone else is trying to deal with Stevie's Country Rumours album , I'm more interested in Mick's other ideas (the MFBB is far more interesting to me these days than the Unleashed Rumours-Rehash Band). Trying to get all of this......

Mick's ideas for 2010, summarized:
More MFBB dates -- now maybe with MEATLOAF?!?! (a little wailing and teeth-gnashing of my own here...)

Mick with Joe Walsh. "What a great bill, two guys, one from Fleetwood Mac and one from the Eagles, getting together." Fleetwood Walsh? Rock-n-Roll with a hot side of raunchy Stevie stories? (Mick's clearly mad at Stevie for nixing the Eagles/Mac arena tour.)

Another FM album. Outside producers, please apply. Mick, Lindsey, & John want this, but Stevie has her own plans, see below. (Mick's mad at Stevie about this as well.)

Stevie's Country Rumours. Mick doesn't sound thrilled about this either.

Mick, Lindsey, and John as "The Men of Mac." Booking now for corporate gigs and Bar Mitzvahs. (She's missing out on something incredible here -- that'll teach that blonde witch! )

Mick's considering working with Jeremy Spencer. Unknown if Jeremy has been consulted about this, or has any interest. (This is possibly Stevie's fault too.)

Mick's also considering working with Paul Rodgers. Matter of fact, a lot of "fairly well-known people". Throw 'em all together in some sort of 'Traveling Wilburys'-type show, and hit the road. (Probably not including Stevie.)

Did I miss anything?

From the actual article:
Following the Mac shows, Mick recently completed a tour of Australia and New Zealand, opening some concerts for Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald with his Maui-based Mick Fleetwood Blues Band.

"It was fantastic," he reports. "Boz used to tour with us in the old days. I met Michael here and spent some time before we went on the road. He's absolutely the sweetest, totally not a rock 'n' roll star. It was a fun tour - they remember the old Fleetwood Mac stuff, because of the English thing. When you play 'Albatross' in the States, no one knows what it is; there we played it as an encore."

With a live CD and DVD (shot in England) out, various Blues Band gigs are in the works, including some European festivals and, "maybe opening up for Meatloaf," he says. And later in the year, they are booked to play some dates with Texas rockers ZZ Top.

"That's totally great," he enthuses. "Billy (Gibbons) is a huge Fleetwood Mac/Peter Green fan. He's itching to get out and play. He's aware of Rick (Vito) and loves his playing."

Then there's the possibility of hooking up with Joe Walsh in between his Eagles' dates.

"I'm thinking about people to do it with, and it struck me that Joe Walsh has played religiously, and I thought it would be a great combo because he's a real rock 'n' roller," he says. "What a great bill, two guys, one from Fleetwood Mac and one from the Eagles, getting together."

In December the concert website Pollstar reported plans were brewing for the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to join forces this year for a historic, massive stadium tour.

"We were supposed to be doing it now," Mick explains. "We were open to doing it, but there were some timing and lighting issues. Stevie (Nicks) didn't want to go on for the whole thing in daylight. Sadly it fell apart. I think it should happen."

From all reports the Mac's 2009 "Unleashed Tour" was a resounding success, which has whetted appetites for a new album.

"John's game, I am and Lindsey (Buckingham) is. Stevie was not so keen to make the commitment," he says. "I really feel we will do another album. I plan to spend some time with Lindsey in L.A. and explore some producers."

Nicks, he reports, is currently teamed with Grammy- winning producer Don Was, compiling a country version of Mac's epic "Rumours" album. "There will be another version of 'Rumous,' with some fairly well-known country artists," he adds.

And he's talked with Buckingham about doing something. "I asked if he ever wanted to get together and play, and do a corporate gig or something. He said, 'I will,' which is sort of unusual. I pitched him, what about you, me and John, without Stevie, we could do some great old rock 'n' roll stuff. I said we could call it the Men of Mac. So the Men of Mac are available to play your bar mitzvah."

Among other musical projects, Mick might get together with one of the Mac's early members - guitarist Jeremy Spencer - for some show dates.

"Jeremy has a new album out, and he's said he would really like to do something," Mick reveals. "There's some tasty stuff on it. Jeremy likes floaty instrumentals and the album has several. His voice has totally come back and he's playing great. If I knew I was going to do a productive tour in Europe, the Jeremy Spencer Band could open up."

Heading out with the Blues Band reminds Mick of his early days with Fleetwood Mac, long before their transformation into global rock stars packing arenas and stadiums.

"We're not at all plugged into a production, we don't even have a lighting guy," he explains, chuckling. "It's all about playing, and it's freer."

In a recent interview he reported that at the age of 62, he was playing louder and harder than ever.

"It means I'm more desperate the older I get," he says breaking up laughing. "I've put some weight on and that's got something to do with it, and I keep pretty fit. I'm really enjoying playing and it's still there. My Fleetwood Mac drum tech is going. 'What the **** are you doing?' I have aluminum sticks and I've never done stuff to them, but on the last Mac tour, every other song (he indicates he had to keep replacing them). Something happened, I'm taking Hulk pills or something," he jokes. "The whole downtime from Fleetwood Mac I got away from playing because of my lifestyle. Then before I moved here, I was on the track to playing again because I was not completely out of my gourd all the time. The whole ethic of getting back and playing has really been a good thing."

The allure of Maui has helped Mick attract some heavyweight musical friends to join him at his island home. Neighbors of his Kula estate may have heard the distinctive vocals of Paul Rodgers, the legendary singer of Free (of "All Right Now" fame) and Bad Company, and most recently touring as Queen's front man.

"I had a great time playing with Paul Rodgers and Rick and John at the farm," he explains. "I was in London in the same hotel. I love his singing, he's one of the greatest English singers; there's Rod, Joe Cocker and him. So I phoned him up and invited him to Maui, and he came for two weeks. Something quite interesting might come out of it. We're looking at trying to put some kind of bluesy/rock 'n roll, Traveling Wilburys thing together. It could be on a small level or quite a grand level with Fleetwood Mac's rhythm section and some fairly well-known people all getting together."

http://www.mauinews.com/page/content....html?nav=5014

I had some scrambled thoughts about all this, but I'm getting a monster headache just trying to follow it all. Back later.....
Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
This interview with Mick was posted in the Stevie Forum a few days ago, leading to several pages of wailing & gnashing of teeth, gasps and finger-pointings, some pouty petulance and some lukewarm hopefulness, a witch-burning or two, and, inexplicably, a bout of Bekka-bashing.

While everyone else is trying to deal with Stevie's Country Rumours album , I'm more interested in Mick's other ideas (the MFBB is far more interesting to me these days than the Unleashed Rumours-Rehash Band). Trying to get all of this......

Mick's ideas for 2010, summarized:
More MFBB dates -- now maybe with MEATLOAF?!?! (a little wailing and teeth-gnashing of my own here...)

Mick with Joe Walsh. "What a great bill, two guys, one from Fleetwood Mac and one from the Eagles, getting together." Fleetwood Walsh? Rock-n-Roll with a hot side of raunchy Stevie stories? (Mick's clearly mad at Stevie for nixing the Eagles/Mac arena tour.)

Another FM album. Outside producers, please apply. Mick, Lindsey, & John want this, but Stevie has her own plans, see below. (Mick's mad at Stevie about this as well.)

Stevie's Country Rumours. Mick doesn't sound thrilled about this either.

Mick, Lindsey, and John as "The Men of Mac." Booking now for corporate gigs and Bar Mitzvahs. (She's missing out on something incredible here -- that'll teach that blonde witch! )

Mick's considering working with Jeremy Spencer. Unknown if Jeremy has been consulted about this, or has any interest. (This is possibly Stevie's fault too.)

Mick's also considering working with Paul Rodgers. Matter of fact, a lot of "fairly well-known people". Throw 'em all together in some sort of 'Traveling Wilburys'-type show, and hit the road. (Probably not including Stevie.)

Did I miss anything?

From the actual article:
Following the Mac shows, Mick recently completed a tour of Australia and New Zealand, opening some concerts for Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald with his Maui-based Mick Fleetwood Blues Band.

"It was fantastic," he reports. "Boz used to tour with us in the old days. I met Michael here and spent some time before we went on the road. He's absolutely the sweetest, totally not a rock 'n' roll star. It was a fun tour - they remember the old Fleetwood Mac stuff, because of the English thing. When you play 'Albatross' in the States, no one knows what it is; there we played it as an encore."

With a live CD and DVD (shot in England) out, various Blues Band gigs are in the works, including some European festivals and, "maybe opening up for Meatloaf," he says. And later in the year, they are booked to play some dates with Texas rockers ZZ Top.

"That's totally great," he enthuses. "Billy (Gibbons) is a huge Fleetwood Mac/Peter Green fan. He's itching to get out and play. He's aware of Rick (Vito) and loves his playing."

Then there's the possibility of hooking up with Joe Walsh in between his Eagles' dates.

"I'm thinking about people to do it with, and it struck me that Joe Walsh has played religiously, and I thought it would be a great combo because he's a real rock 'n' roller," he says. "What a great bill, two guys, one from Fleetwood Mac and one from the Eagles, getting together."

In December the concert website Pollstar reported plans were brewing for the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to join forces this year for a historic, massive stadium tour.

"We were supposed to be doing it now," Mick explains. "We were open to doing it, but there were some timing and lighting issues. Stevie (Nicks) didn't want to go on for the whole thing in daylight. Sadly it fell apart. I think it should happen."

From all reports the Mac's 2009 "Unleashed Tour" was a resounding success, which has whetted appetites for a new album.

"John's game, I am and Lindsey (Buckingham) is. Stevie was not so keen to make the commitment," he says. "I really feel we will do another album. I plan to spend some time with Lindsey in L.A. and explore some producers."

Nicks, he reports, is currently teamed with Grammy- winning producer Don Was, compiling a country version of Mac's epic "Rumours" album. "There will be another version of 'Rumous,' with some fairly well-known country artists," he adds.

And he's talked with Buckingham about doing something. "I asked if he ever wanted to get together and play, and do a corporate gig or something. He said, 'I will,' which is sort of unusual. I pitched him, what about you, me and John, without Stevie, we could do some great old rock 'n' roll stuff. I said we could call it the Men of Mac. So the Men of Mac are available to play your bar mitzvah."

Among other musical projects, Mick might get together with one of the Mac's early members - guitarist Jeremy Spencer - for some show dates.

"Jeremy has a new album out, and he's said he would really like to do something," Mick reveals. "There's some tasty stuff on it. Jeremy likes floaty instrumentals and the album has several. His voice has totally come back and he's playing great. If I knew I was going to do a productive tour in Europe, the Jeremy Spencer Band could open up."

Heading out with the Blues Band reminds Mick of his early days with Fleetwood Mac, long before their transformation into global rock stars packing arenas and stadiums.

"We're not at all plugged into a production, we don't even have a lighting guy," he explains, chuckling. "It's all about playing, and it's freer."

In a recent interview he reported that at the age of 62, he was playing louder and harder than ever.

"It means I'm more desperate the older I get," he says breaking up laughing. "I've put some weight on and that's got something to do with it, and I keep pretty fit. I'm really enjoying playing and it's still there. My Fleetwood Mac drum tech is going. 'What the **** are you doing?' I have aluminum sticks and I've never done stuff to them, but on the last Mac tour, every other song (he indicates he had to keep replacing them). Something happened, I'm taking Hulk pills or something," he jokes. "The whole downtime from Fleetwood Mac I got away from playing because of my lifestyle. Then before I moved here, I was on the track to playing again because I was not completely out of my gourd all the time. The whole ethic of getting back and playing has really been a good thing."

The allure of Maui has helped Mick attract some heavyweight musical friends to join him at his island home. Neighbors of his Kula estate may have heard the distinctive vocals of Paul Rodgers, the legendary singer of Free (of "All Right Now" fame) and Bad Company, and most recently touring as Queen's front man.

"I had a great time playing with Paul Rodgers and Rick and John at the farm," he explains. "I was in London in the same hotel. I love his singing, he's one of the greatest English singers; there's Rod, Joe Cocker and him. So I phoned him up and invited him to Maui, and he came for two weeks. Something quite interesting might come out of it. We're looking at trying to put some kind of bluesy/rock 'n roll, Traveling Wilburys thing together. It could be on a small level or quite a grand level with Fleetwood Mac's rhythm section and some fairly well-known people all getting together."

http://www.mauinews.com/page/content....html?nav=5014

I had some scrambled thoughts about all this, but I'm getting a monster headache just trying to follow it all. Back later.....
I love it!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi, sj!

What I'm still confused/headachy about is this: Isn't Mick stretching things a bit thin with this many projects? In this interview, he reels off plans with ZZ Top, Meatloaf, Joe Walsh, the Fleetwood/Buckingham/McVie Bar Mitzvah Band, Jeremy Spencer, and Paul Rodgers -- not to mention pulling "some fairly well-known people" into a 2010 version of the Traveling Wilburys.

Pretty ambitious! I just hope Mick still finds time for his two main projects --- the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and Fleetwood Mac (in whichever order one chooses ).

One other thing I noticed, the Island Rumours Band is not mentioned at all. Are they history?

I guess it's cool that even in his sixties, the man still has so much passion for music and performing that he's constantly seeking new, creative and different ways to enjoy it. I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the extent of his plans!

I'll always be a big Mick fan, but how can I possibly keep track of all this stuff?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess it's cool that even in his sixties, the man still has so much passion for music and performing that he's constantly seeking new, creative and different ways to enjoy it.
Oh sorry you confused me with your typing mistakes. You obviously meant:

I guess it's sad that even in his sixties, the man still has so much passion for money and fame that he's constantly seeking new, creative and different ways to achieve it.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

All right Chris, I KNEW someone would rise to the bait and blast all of Mick's musical plans as 'money-grubbing schemes.' After all, the big guy's got that reputation to uphold (on The Ledge at least, where certain other band members are eternal saints and Mick will always be the designated Bad Guy )

But put that funny Oz money on the table, look me in the eye, and answer this one, my (much-admired) friend: Do you REALLY think the MFBB was conceived for the purpose of making tons and tons of money? Do ya? Really? Really?

Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Mick's "money-grubbing" ways were fueled by his chemical addictions. He even admits to it in a roundabout way in the article. He's about PLAYING HIS DRUMS now (or, "again", I would say)...that's his addiction these days. He's just looking for any old reason to play his drums. I don't think "money-grubbing" is even in the equation anymore. Sure, because of his status of fame, and his well-known circle of musicians, any "project" would come off looking on the surface as a "money-grub", but, hey, when you're a PROFESSIONAL musician, you're not going to play for FREE (unless the "cause" is right)....playing drums is Mick's job...you're not going to go to YOUR job and not get paid, right?
Old 04-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I think Mick's "money-grubbing" ways were fueled by his chemical addictions. He even admits to it in a roundabout way in the article. He's about PLAYING HIS DRUMS now (or, "again", I would say)...that's his addiction these days. He's just looking for any old reason to play his drums. I don't think "money-grubbing" is even in the equation anymore. Sure, because of his status of fame, and his well-known circle of musicians, any "project" would come off looking on the surface as a "money-grub", but, hey, when you're a PROFESSIONAL musician, you're not going to play for FREE (unless the "cause" is right)....playing drums is Mick's job...you're not going to go to YOUR job and not get paid, right?
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree 100% chiliD!!! Drumming is the man's job. Besides producing wine, what else does he do? He plays music and he doesn't work for free!!! Thank you for stating what should be the obvious, but apparently is not to all the "Stevie is Queen of the Universe", "Lindsey can do no wrong" crowd.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

All right Chris, I KNEW someone would rise to the bait and blast all of Mick's musical plans as 'money-grubbing schemes.' After all, the big guy's got that reputation to uphold (on The Ledge at least, where certain other band members are eternal saints and Mick will always be the designated Bad Guy )

But put that funny Oz money on the table, look me in the eye, and answer this one, my (much-admired) friend: Do you REALLY think the MFBB was conceived for the purpose of making tons and tons of money? Do ya? Really? Really?

And why is Mick always the designated Bad Guy? He's basically been the one person keeping this band together in one form or another for its entire history!!!!!! Why does he get the short end of the stick? Is he perfect? Absolutely not!! Not by any stretch of the imagination. But he really doesn't deserve the abuse he gets from many FM fans.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi, sj!

What I'm still confused/headachy about is this: Isn't Mick stretching things a bit thin with this many projects? In this interview, he reels off plans with ZZ Top, Meatloaf, Joe Walsh, the Fleetwood/Buckingham/McVie Bar Mitzvah Band, Jeremy Spencer, and Paul Rodgers -- not to mention pulling "some fairly well-known people" into a 2010 version of the Traveling Wilburys.

Pretty ambitious! I just hope Mick still finds time for his two main projects --- the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and Fleetwood Mac (in whichever order one chooses ).

One other thing I noticed, the Island Rumours Band is not mentioned at all. Are they history?

I guess it's cool that even in his sixties, the man still has so much passion for music and performing that he's constantly seeking new, creative and different ways to enjoy it. I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the extent of his plans!

I'll always be a big Mick fan, but how can I possibly keep track of all this stuff?
Ok. Just really quick off the top of my head.

I think Island Rumours is done since Rick moved back to Nashville late last year. I don't think the Men of Mac bar mitzvah thing was ever a serious thought, more like an off hand joke, just like the Traveling Wilburys thing. The ZZ Top, Meatloaf, Paul Rogers stuff is a definite possibility, as we already know that MFBB has dates booked with ZZ Top this year. As far as Jeremy is concerned, see my comments in the "Pre-Rumours" forum. It's never gonna happen.

Cheers!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I never said that Mick was the bad guy...

I'm quite happy for him to be creative, working with different musicians, making NEW music, etc. Thats great, good on him. Unfortunately he doesn't really do that very often.

When we talk about the Island Rumours Band, the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, the Mick Fleetwood range of wines, then we are talking purely about making money off what is really the success of other members of Fleetwood Mac or in the case of wine, of some completely irrelevant product simply because his name is on the front.

If Mick formed the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and they played mainly new songs with a couple of nods to the old FM days then I'd have more respect for him. If the Island Rumours band wasn't named purely to capitalise on an album that (and lets be honest here) his contribution to was relatively minimal then I'd have more respect for him. Oh and if he actually owned the vineyards where the wine was grown and was selling his own wines rather than just putting his name on the label simply to make money (and he could have put his name to Mick Fleetwood Cheese, Mick Fleetwood Toilet Paper and Mick Fleetwood Condoms you think about it) then I'd once again have more respect for what he does.

When he was selling those drum kits a few years back (once again he had nothing to do with them if I remember rightly other than lending his name) at least he was selling something that was linked to his life as a professional drummer.

Plus you'll notice that Island Rumours Band and The Mick Fleetwood Band (whether that is the same thing as Fleetwood Smallwood I'll never know but that crops up in the occasional internet search too) suddenly seem to have been left behind in the success of MFBB. I'm sure that isn't for artistic integrity reasons.

As for your question OldTimer as to whether the MFBB was put together for the reasons of making money, let me ask you a question back. If Fleetwood Mac is now consigned to history, what better way has Mick got to make money than trading on Peter Green's old songs?

So say what you will about the other members of the Rumour's era. Christine McVie retired quietly, John McVie goes sailing, Stevie rambles and Lindsey still produces new fresh music (as much as I don't personally like it I do recognise the man is still creative). Last time I checked they weren't creating a random spin-off band or promoting random products. Oh and if Stevie does create a country rumours album, especially if she actually performs rather than just produces, then I'll lose a little bit of respect for her too.

Oh and ChiliD, you are right he should get paid for doing his job. Similarly I do get paid for going to work. I sell carpet. Hence I am releasing a range of Chris Kimber Potato Chips to capitalise on my carpet selling fame.

Just my humble opinion though

EDIT

Did I miss this at the time or did I just not care enough to take notice?

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...-CD?sku=702306

http://www.mickfleetwood.com/news_oc...l_drumming.htm

Last edited by chriskisn; 04-30-2010 at 07:22 AM..
Old 04-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A few unpopular(?) opinions:

I would prefer an Island Rumours Band album to a MFBB album. The Visitor is one of the finest FM solo projects ever. An album inspired by the music of Hawaii would be perfect. I ACTUALLY think that would be a rather delightful approach to a new official Fleetwood Mac album as well (the commercial gods would bless this, Stevie!).

I would prefer a new Fleetwood Mac album WITHOUT Stevie but WITH Lindsey rather than have none at all.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
A few unpopular(?) opinions:

I would prefer a new Fleetwood Mac album WITHOUT Stevie but WITH Lindsey rather than have none at all.
I absolutely agree with you!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Or as I've said many times before, without either of them. Move forward, move on, bring in some new talent. Not that I'm suggesting that Mr Buckingham couldn't be part of it - actually a Fleetwood Mac without Stevie would possibly be a very interesting concept, especially if new musicians were brought in. I would love to see Lindsey working with some perhaps a new female vocalist and a male vocalist/keyboard player.

Problem that I see is that they won't bring in new talent, they are too scared of people rejecting the Fleetwood Mac brand. Personally I think Lindsey would be all for it though...
Old 04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well Chris, as an almost-famous man once said, We Just Disagree. I understand most of what you're saying, but I still don't think every single endeavor of Mick's is a coldly calculated profit venture. When I see him playing his drums with the MFBB, I see joy on his face. Maybe I'm naive, but I truly believe he does this because he loves that old music, and playing it again and again and again.

If the formation of a pure cash-cow oldies band was his only motive, don't you think he could have partnered up with someone a bit more high-profile than Rick Vito?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
As for your question OldTimer as to whether the MFBB was put together for the reasons of making money, let me ask you a question back. If Fleetwood Mac is now consigned to history, what better way has Mick got to make money than trading on Peter Green's old songs?
I can imagine lots of easier ways for a 62-year-old to make money than traveling around Europe in a van, helping set up his own equipment, playing to small crowds, and repeating that night after night!

If FM were history, Mick's best commercial bet would be trading on McVie & Nicks & Buckingham songs, don't you think? I'm sure he could find a way to do so.

I also think it's unfair to compare his current work to Stevie and Lindsey's. They're songwriters; they can sit down, put pen to paper, and write a brand new song. Mick can't do that -- all he can do is provide the beat. Not the same opportunity.

Quote:
Last time I checked they weren't creating a random spin-off band or promoting random products.
Ouch, that smarts! , hearing the MFBB called a random spin-off band. Obviously I think they deserve more credit than that.

And as far as Mick's wine label, what could be more relevant to Mac history than alcohol? He seems to enjoy it, and what's wrong with that? Maybe that's how Kermit Lynch started (that's the only other wine merchant name I know, and that's only because of his connection to Rick ). It's cool with me.

Anyway, if you decide to export the Kimber Chips, please let me know. They might just go great with the Mick Fleetwood wine.

TrueFaith -- your post got me thinking:
Quote:
I would prefer an Island Rumours Band album to a MFBB album. The Visitor is one of the finest FM solo projects ever. An album inspired by the music of Hawaii would be perfect. I ACTUALLY think that would be a rather delightful approach to a new official Fleetwood Mac album as well (the commercial gods would bless this, Stevie!).
While I prefer the MFBB to the IRB, you got me thinking that the IRB, at least, was something closer to being 'outside the box', ala The Visitor. Your Hawaiian Stevie idea could have some legs. The IRB did a fun island-rhythm version of "Over My Head" -- it could be fun to see some of the other old songs re-interpereted with that style, too. Ain't gonna happen, but it could be fun. Does Christine ever visit Hawaii?
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If the formation of a pure cash-cow oldies band was his only motive, don't you think he could have partnered up with someone a bit more high-profile than Rick Vito?
Like ZZ Top, Meatloaf or Boz Scaggs you mean? Actually in terms of decent commerical decisions Mick hasn't made many in his time. The only reason he hired Stevie Nicks was because Lindsey came with her - and hiring those two people was probably the best decison he ever made (other than joining up with PG and that was probably because he didn't have any better offers at the time).

Quote:
If FM were history, Mick's best commercial bet would be trading on McVie & Nicks & Buckingham songs, don't you think? I'm sure he could find a way to do so.
I think it was called the Unleashed Tour or whatever name they gave it. I expect to see something of the sort in about five years once MFBB has run its course and FM is well and truely finished.

Quote:
Ouch, that smarts! , hearing the MFBB called a random spin-off band. Obviously I think they deserve more credit than that.
They are a talented bunch of guys, Rick does justice to the old PG songs. No doubt about it. I immensely enjoyed the album and DVD. I'll give them more credit though if the next album isn't loaded up with Peter's stuff and songs that are lifted straight from Rick's solo albums.

Quote:
And as far as Mick's wine label, what could be more relevant to Mac history than alcohol?
Mick Fleetwood Private Label Cocaine

Quote:
Anyway, if you decide to export the Kimber Chips, please let me know. They might just go great with the Mick Fleetwood wine.
Nah they might just taste a little bitter