Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 2009 Memories

It would be silly to have a tour stories for the Unleashed tour, because sharing our reviews is what we have done all year.

So, I thought it would be a cool idea if we could share some of our favorite memories & moments of the year of Fleetwood Mac, that aren't exactly concert/show related.

One of the standouts in my mind...is the first interview we saw promoting this tour. With Stevie and Lindsey sitting next to each other. I thought Stevie looked so beautiful and refreshed. Loved her hair. That moment got me really excited for what was about to come.

Also, being on the ledge on the night of March 1st with the setlist songs coming in - one by one was really special and very exciting! Storms was a shocker, and hearing that Stevie was in a RED dress was huge!

NOT being about to go to NYC to see Stevie for the CD signing was the worst part of the this all, personally. I know it was great for those of you who did get to go though.

What other happenings do you recall from this past year that you'd like to look back on?

Last edited by nailatixela; 12-19-2009 at 08:37 PM..
Old 12-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie doing the book signing was cool. I also enjoyed her on Jimmy Fallon, and Chris Issak.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

atlantic city ( thanks CESARS PALACE ) was our re-introduction to FM, after too too many yers

we had 'strayed' for many moons, but once 'on track'.......

the gig at the hamptons was precious and then our european vacation ( Hi David MN, Tommer ! ) was all that anyone could ever want !!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
Stevie doing the book signing was cool. I also enjoyed her on Jimmy Fallon, and Chris Issak.
Yeah, the whole book signing thing is something I didn't think we'd see out of Stevie until she was in her 70s or 80s. I say this because she always seems to have better things to do. I thought it was pretty damn cool she did it... I wish I could have made it up to NYC!
Old 12-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awwwww, 2009 has been a great Mac year!!!!

I miss it tho it's not over yet...

Well, I remember how it felt to watch the first videos that were on youtube from the first Pittsburgh show It feels lika it was yesterday...
I also remember very well when we got the setlist...wow...Stooorrrmmms!!!!
And then the Barnes and Noble signing Stevie did and how jealous but happy I was!!!
And when she had that release party and we had those wonderful pics of her dancing with sunglasses on!!!!! Love them!!!!
But what I will remember most from 2009 is to have seen Stevie/Mac in real life...that was the best night of my life and it was soo unreal to see them standing on a stage in Stockholm, Sweden....never thought that would happen. And having Stevie holding my hand for 3 seconds...best moment ever.

So 2009, was a year I'll never forget...and when my dad said to me "Fleetwood Mac are coming to Sweden, Hanna!" And all I did was to cry...of happiness...<3

Old 12-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Most definitely a highlight was snagging my mom and I 3rd row seats in front of Stevie. I'd been trying and hoping since becoming a fan in 2003, and finally I worked it out. Needless to say, the show in Columbus was an amazing evening as well, with Lindsey interacting with me a few times!!!

I love these guys, and can't wait to see what the future holds!!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seeing them two nights in a row...Calgary and Edmonton

Calgary was a thrill because I refused to read the setlist or any reviews so that I would be (somewhat) surprised. I almost lost my mind when Stevie and Lindsey hugged at the end of Sara. I had no idea that was coming.

In Edmonton, we sang happy birthday to Mick!
Old 12-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala View Post
Seeing them two nights in a row...Calgary and Edmonton

Calgary was a thrill because I refused to read the setlist or any reviews so that I would be (somewhat) surprised. I almost lost my mind when Stevie and Lindsey hugged at the end of Sara. I had no idea that was coming.

In Edmonton, we sang happy birthday to Mick!
How hard was it to NOTTT read anything about the tour?!?!?! That is amazing!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well since i only got to see fm on this tour once the biggest highlights for me was finally getting to see them from the front row or shall i say the speaker -ha! also being able to finally play lindsey's guitar for a few seconds was awesome as well as getting a handshake from him too. it was such a magical night and i really really hope that i can see them again and that i get to finally take my mother in law with me.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Holding Stevie's hand at the B&N signing would have to be tops.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Front row for the first time in Rochester NY....unbelievable! And flying to NYC for 12 hours just see Mac at MSG......one of the craziest things I've ever done!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
How hard was it to NOTTT read anything about the tour?!?!?! That is amazing!
I was difficult, especially in the last week of so leading up to my shows. I did know about Storms, since it was such a big deal that the Pittsburg video made it onto Perez. I made a colleague check this board to find out if they were still doing Sara...just so I would be prepared either way.

Completely worth it though.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a new fan, so I guess I have a lot of 2009memories.
The first time I heard Rhiannon (even if it's like more the end of 2008), and the two weeks I spent listening to this song exclusively and all the time.
The first Stevie Nicks live I saw, Edge of Seventeen, and how I was blown away.
The day I learned how to play Big Love
The day my sister bought me the Dance, and then the Best of, and then Bella Donna, and then Tusk.
The moment I realized that I was going to see my favourite band live, and how I screamed and jumped. How it was difficult to wait 3 months.
THE concert. I mean... THE CONCERT. The best night of my life, probably.
My first steps on The Ledge (I'm still new here, though).
And a lot of other firsts.
It was really a Fleetwood mac year for me, and a great year, for sure.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The book signing was just the greatest. It's a great regret of mine that I skipped it. Greatest of 2009 and many other years. BEST STEVIE FAN MOMENT OF 2009.

She was great on Jimmy Fallon. Even though she wore stage clothes - would've loved to have seen the outtakes. She sounded kind of crazy - the way people described her as sort of dancing all over and singing when she was backstage and coming on/offstage. BEST TV MOMENT OF 2009.

She brought the Reeboks back. Worst shoe movement of 2009.

They brought out Storms, which is dicey because on some nights it seems like it was just the best live, but on other nights - droned on like music at a goat's funeral.

Lindsey does the full band version of Go Insane. WORST TOUR SET CHOICE OF 2009.

John McVie. Most invisible, silent person 0f 2009.

1,2,3,4 at the end of Stand Back. Love it. Love the "ooh yea's" that follow, too. The rest of the arrangement is terrible though. It's just kind of loud and boorish.

Got the boots back. Got the shin guards at some point.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Seeing Stevie and The Mac in Sydney, My first mac concert and First true concert,

Stevie didn't wear the frankenboks once at my show- Hallelujah!!!

Best Moment ever- Seeing Stevie Drag her vibrant red fingernails across her face when she sang "Black Widow..." in Gold Dust Woman, That gave me chills

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~