Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-17-2020, 02:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Re: good trouble

I think Lindsey was alluding to John Lewis' expression to introduce Trouble, not to equate himself with the great civil rights leaders, but to note that he had also thought of Trouble in a positive way. Lindsey was not trying to say he had shown anyone the way.

I'm glad to see him in good spirits. I wish he were not back in Mick's orbit or open to going back to FM, but I guess the heart wants what it wants.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
Re: good trouble

I think Lindsey was alluding to John Lewis' expression to introduce Trouble, not to equate himself with the great civil rights leaders, but to note that he had also thought of Trouble in a positive way. Lindsey was not trying to say he had shown anyone the way.

I'm glad to see him in good spirits. I wish he were not back in Mick's orbit or open to going back to FM, but I guess the heart wants what it wants.
To go back after such public humiliation is truly an embarrassment. I can't believe that he wants to.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
To go back after such public humiliation is truly an embarrassment. I can't believe that he wants to.
To be clear, he mentioned a potential collaboration specifically with Mick, not FM. The general question (not mine, but I was on the Q&A) was about who he might or would like to collaborate with. He specifically mentioned Mick. It could be another “Visitor” type of album that Mick wants to do, or just Mick on a Lindsey solo track or two. As contemptible as they may be as human beings (I can only judge them by their actions), Mick and John are one of the best rhythm sections in rock and roll history. Lindsey’s songs (solo and with FM) benefit immensely with Mick and John on them.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
To be clear, he mentioned a potential collaboration specifically with Mick, not FM. The general question (not mine, but I was on the Q&A) was about who he might or would like to collaborate with. He specifically mentioned Mick. It could be another “Visitor” type of album that Mick wants to do, or just Mick on a Lindsey solo track or two. As contemptible as they may be as human beings (I can only judge them by their actions), Mick and John are one of the best rhythm sections in rock and roll history. Lindsey’s songs (solo and with FM) benefit immensely with Mick and John on them.
Agreed. And I would certainly hope that would be the extent of their collaboration.

IF he ever went on stage and held hands with the old goat again, that would be completely disgusting. I mean, beyond words - DISGUSTING. I'd lose every ounce of respect I've always had for him.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyVisions View Post
I thought the questions were pretty good (nothing too cringe).

I was thinking about how Lindsey said he wasn’t writing a lot at the moment. I bet the interaction with his fans and the concert from home helps put him into that creative mindset.
Between the breakup, heart surgery, losing voice, and covid I would think he would have a LOT to write about actually

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Sadly, I suspect that we will see more of Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey and Stevie in the future. FM will need a new hook for some future tour so they can make $$$$$$. And Brett mentioned that Lindsey is open to going back to FM, and now there's this opening of communication and possibly recording with Mick. I hope it doesn't happen.

Just think for a second how toxic a band has to be, and how f#%$ed up the situation is, for a sizable number of fans to hope they never get back together.

I'll be curious to see if Lindsey writes more about being trashed by FM -- it helped produce great music on OOTC.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
That may be the case, but let's get real. Collaborating with Mick (and perhaps John) is a backdoor to getting back with Fleetwood Mac, and we all know it.

If he harbored any resentment about his treatment, it would be towards Stevie... AND MICK. Mick may have been manipulated by Stevie, but he took the lead in lying shamelessly to the press. It seems only logical that if he is open to forgiving one enough to collaborate with him, then he is open to forgiving the other enough to collaborate with her... and thus with both of them together.

And I know this is an unpopular opinion with Lindsey fans, but I would welcome it. I want Fleetwood Mac to end on a high, not the joke that was their last tour. I want Lindsey to have professional closure as well as personal closure by being a part of that high, even if it's just one show.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-18-2020 at 10:37 AM..
Old 12-18-2020, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

And I know this is an unpopular opinion with Lindsey fans, but I would welcome it. I want Fleetwood Mac to end on a high, not the joke that was their last tour. I want Lindsey to have professional closure as well as personal closure by being a part of that high, even if it's just one show.
I agree with you. Lindsey will be forever associated with Fleetwood Mac, and he reaches more fans (old and new) while touring with FM than his solo tours. As he has repeatedly stated, the Big Machine (FM) feeds the Little Machine (solo). I think that is true financially (his solo tours likely break even at best), but creatively as well. For whatever reason, possibly the desire to create a lasting legacy, dealing with strained relationships within the band, now betrayal, seems to have fed Lindsey’s creative energy (e.g., Buckingham McVie). I am ok with him returning to FM as he sees fit. Even though it was rehearsed and “forced” in the past (like a Broadway play), I could do without the gestures of affection on stage. Like a spouse that has been betrayed, it seems Lindsey still loves the other four on some level. A return would not surprise me after the pandemic is under control.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

I could see that point of view. But I don't know how much I would want to watch anymore, I guess. I suspected that the LB/SN dynamic was pretty bad from at least SYW now, so I wasn't taken in by the lovey-dovey banter and play-acting on some of the tours between then and now. It was at least plausible that it had some truth to it.

But now, watching that kind of thing now would make my stomach turn, really and truly. And watching him ham it up with Chris or Mick or John, given how they didn't reach out to him after his heart attack. It's a bit of live by the sword, die by the sword -- they made a lot of money and got a lot of fame based on the interpersonal chemistry and relationships, and now seeing how barren those relationships really are, it's hard to want to watch them fake their way through another tour just to make money. And I don't think I could be convinced it was genuine this time. And I don't think they/Stevie can help themselves -- there's just no way they would do a show where it was all business, like The Eagles.

The music is truly timeless (well, most of it), but seeing the sideshow may have run its course for me. Of course, ask me again when tickets go on sale and I'm wondering if I could just go and only look at Lindsey.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I could see that point of view. But I don't know how much I would want to watch anymore, I guess. I suspected that the LB/SN dynamic was pretty bad from at least SYW now, so I wasn't taken in by the lovey-dovey banter and play-acting on some of the tours between then and now. It was at least plausible that it had some truth to it.

But now, watching that kind of thing now would make my stomach turn, really and truly. And watching him ham it up with Chris or Mick or John, given how they didn't reach out to him after his heart attack. It's a bit of live by the sword, die by the sword -- they made a lot of money and got a lot of fame based on the interpersonal chemistry and relationships, and now seeing how barren those relationships really are, it's hard to want to watch them fake their way through another tour just to make money. And I don't think I could be convinced it was genuine this time. And I don't think they/Stevie can help themselves -- there's just no way they would do a show where it was all business, like The Eagles.

The music is truly timeless (well, most of it), but seeing the sideshow may have run its course for me. Of course, ask me again when tickets go on sale and I'm wondering if I could just go and only look at Lindsey.
We could get some horse blinders, and block old $tevie out.

I've always dreamed of going to a show wearing a "$tevie sucks" shirt or something. I'm sure her rabid fans would eat me alive.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I don't think they/Stevie can help themselves -- there's just no way they would do a show where it was all business, like The Eagles.
They did with when Billy and Rick were in the band and mostly with the last tour. But I don’t think it’s possible with Stevie and Lindsey, and my observation with Lindsey is that he’s too focused on growth, personal or artistic, to just be in the moment. Sadly, that “moment of healing and growth” is exactly why he’d go back.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-18-2020, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They have already ended. That joke tour WAS their end. Lindsey needs to get over it and accept it as well.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If he harbored any resentment about his treatment, it would be towards Stevie... AND MICK. Mick may have been manipulated by Stevie, but he took the lead in lying shamelessly to the press. It seems only logical that if he is open to forgiving one enough to collaborate with him, then he is open to forgiving the other enough to collaborate with her... and thus with both of them together.
remember Lindsey considers Mick weak. he told that to several fans at meet & greets back in 2018. he said yes, Christine contacted him, and he thinks Mick wanted to also, but that Mick is weak and that he also thinks Mick is embarrassed by the whole thing. so he was forgiving Mick even back in 2018, while Mick was going around trashing him in the press.

when he talked to us about Stevie on that tour? he squarely placed the blame on her shoulders. it came from her. she orchestrated it. it was all her. very different.

Mick on the other hand was taking the lead in the press for that 2018-19 tour for several reasons, possibly biggest being that while Stevie became a complete boss behind the scenes by managing to go through with Lindsey firing, Mick wanted to make sure not to let her get away with one thing that she and her fans have been trying for a long time - that SN=FM. it was the same reason Mick jumped on the tiktok thing - to send the message Dreams is Fleetwood Mac, and he is Fleetwood in Fleetwood Mac. to not let Stevie steal the narrative.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-18-2020, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
They have already ended. That joke tour WAS their end. Lindsey needs to get over it and accept it as well.
yep.

there is no growth and legacy building in another year long money-making nothing-new look-we-are-back-together tour. Lindsey can be telling to himself all the bs about legacy and closure to justify the money hunger that would be the only reason to do that. no growth no legacy building, pure raw money-making.

closure and legacy can be accomplished by one or 2 shows. to say - yes, the 5 are FM, that's us, this is our last show.

not the year long same-ole same-ole tour where most in general audience don't even know who is and isn't in the band.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-18-2020, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it was the same reason Mick jumped on the tiktok thing - to send the message Dreams is Fleetwood Mac, and he is Fleetwood in Fleetwood Mac. to not let Stevie steal the narrative.
Like when he jumped in the 2013 Fuse and March 2014 Today interviews... to get a word in the interview because Stevie was being nonsensical

I love how in the Today interview she says "Go head, you tell it Mick"