User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Was there as well! 4th row center. Nice little venue. Was also somewhat surprised at the smaller crowd, given it was the only Ohio show, and the potential for drawing people from Cincinnati and Columbus, but living in Columbus, I really did not see any marketing here and would not have known about the show were I not already a rabid fan.

Both LB and CM were super fun and playful with the crowd. Shout out to the group in the front row for egging them on and bringing the fun out of them :-)

Is Christine even playing keyboards? I saw her doing something with the foot pedals during You Make Loving Fun, and she was definitely playing during Game of Pretend. But Brett absolutely played the intro to Hold Me. Is she playing at all, or are her parts just mixed REALLY low?

The drum tracks were annoying too. I'd watch Jimmy playing, and realize at many times the drum parts were were HEARING were not what he was PLAYING (Too Far Gone drum solos, Love is Here to Stay being major examples).

One thing I found interesting seeing Chris that close...on Lindsey-featured songs (I'm So Afraid specifically), when the lighting is down on her, and she's focused on "playing" the keys, the ways she looks to the side, with her hair in her face...my god, it felt to me like I was watching 1982 Christine performing on the Mirage tour or something...it was quite surreal.

Loved the show. The new songs sounded great. In fact, everything sounded much better in person than the YouTube clips I had seen (go figure). Her voice was exceptionally perfect on Wish You Were Here.
Yes very much so. I got that vibe several times during the night as well. Chris has a laid back stage presence, but it's powerful and she draws you in with those little Chris mannerisms.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I had to rearrange the work schedule a little, with the concert falling in the middle of the week. But I'm so glad I went. It was an amazing night. One I'll never forget!
Glad you had such a great time. And I am surprised to hear there wasn't more of a crowd... FM and Stevie always seem to do very well in Ohio. Stevie played in Columbus earlier this year and she's playing in Dayton again in September, I think. Plus I hear FM on the radio a lot.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Glad you had such a great time. And I am surprised to hear there wasn't more of a crowd... FM and Stevie always seem to do very well in Ohio. Stevie played in Columbus earlier this year and she's playing in Dayton again in September, I think. Plus I hear FM on the radio a lot.
Thanks! I'm guessing some of the reasons for the low attendance was the concert being on a Tuesday night, and a lot of people don't recognize the names Buckingham McVie. I had to explain several times to people, when asked what concert I was going to, who they were. Most people know the names Stevie Nicks and of course Fleetwood Mac. Plus there was no promotion for the concert at all.

I really look at this tour as a true gift from Lindsey and Chris. They didn't have to do this record, which I think is fantastic and was playing it through at least fives times last night. Moreover they didn't have to tour behind it. To me it's a sign of their true artistry and the direction they want to go in as musicians. So kudos to them.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still energized & giddy...such a brilliant show. A few more randoms:

CM is more stunning in person than I remembered. She's healthy looking & so radiant from her lovely wavy hair to her sparkley shoes. My husband isn't as into music but comes along commented on her 'wow' factor. He knows her more from the down to earth interviews I've watched, respects her as a fellow Brit (loves her wit, humour), and now gets it.

I'm not astute enough musically to say what she doesn't play, but she likes to keep her hands busy & clearly played GoP (as mentioned above). I think you all know she's got a small autocue /teleprompter on her keyboard stand but I never saw her use it. I'm not sure the maracas actually shake but I can't say it bothered me.

Agree about the lack of publicity & familiarity, and a Tuesday night is a challenge for many. Today at work I repeatedly played the 'which concert were you at' game, finally just saying that I saw 2 from FM, then it was 'oh cool'.

I'm forever amazed that people can buy front row seats & not once stand, dance, etc. I'd combust.

I enjoyed watching the setup post Wilderado: Christine's tech adjusting the keys, dusting them off with a paintbrush, her assistant (I assume) setting up her two blue Solo cups (bottled water, straws), Federico popping out to look at his bass collection (he was out a few times before Wilderado opened).

I adore how Chris & Linds simply stroll out at show time: no fanfare, just here we are.

The band members have great rapport, fun, & interaction with CM. Jimmy had posted Instagram pics the night before of him, Brett, Federico at the cinema to see the Dixie Chicks film (Jimmy is in that) & I heard Brett & Federico mention it while Linds was introducing Jimmy.

There was a front row couple who kept trying to get selfies /photos of themselves with Chris & Linds & they struggled to do so. Linds seemed amused & pointed them out to Chris. It pleased me when they had a random moment or laugh. Of course his expressions are legendary.

I can only hope their creating & performing makes another run. Theirs is the first album in years I've listened to on continued repeat & without skipping a track. What a gift.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default new songs intro before SATC

banter with the audience, and rambling and teasing about "having his way" with her songs - then waiting for audience reaction and going what, you got nothing?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Reading thru the comments--I concur on Christine's gorgeous hair and she was wearing cute sparkly shoes. Hard to believe she's in her 70's. Too Far Gone really rocks and gets people moving.

I was on the left side 6th row, 2nd seat from the center aisle. Great guys on both sides of me, there to see LB mostly. We were laughing about 3 single tickets and who bought 1st, 2nd, 3rd. My section was sedate except for a few closer up and a few further down my aisle. So glad to see there were others on my side having a ball! Lots of energy front and center! Kudos to ALL party people-- ledgie or not!! This tour is a blessing and I'm not going to celebrate it sitting down. I wish Lindsey would have come over too but we had plenty of interaction with Chris. She waves, smiles, nods and does her little dances moves--clearly having fun. I made a sign that said "Thank You For New Music". Just a flimsy sign written in marker but it worked. I brought it to the Chicago show too but realized some of the marker smudged after holding it up for a minute. This time it was legible and Chris saw it. She looked right at me, nodded and smiled. The guy on my left goes she saw it!

The security kept the aisles clear and told people to turn their flash off. Then for the encore they let everyone up. That was unexpected. I talked to one of the ushers after the show and he said every band does things different and they gave the all clear for fans to come up. That's when I saw Chris's shoes.

Can anyone verify Lindsey's comment about him and Chris "doing this again" or "we'll do this again"? I'm certain I heard him say that. He complimented Chris on her time away from the band saying it "took a lot of courage' for her to do what she needed to do.

I met a super sweet girl and her friend---one of the diehards like me--holding it down on the left side, on their feet and singing along to every song. It's so cool to meet people who go to multiple shows. Nothing to explain!!

The show was splendid. Occasional weak vocals and Chris doesn't play as much/keeps it simple like mentioned earlier in this thread. Lindsey brings the house down with his solo. The band sounds great even if I'm not thrilled about backing tracks. I love the songs. I love the emphasis on the new music and when they play those 4 new songs in a row towards the beginning I feel high as a kite! I felt a little sad on the way home tho. Only 2 more shows left. A family situation usurped my Detroit show and I'm STILL pissed about that. I'm so glad they did this album. Every day I appreciate the new music and the tour.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Elle, thx for posting this. Lots of interaction thru the whole show. Good stuff!
Old 08-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
I'm still energized & giddy...such a brilliant show. A few more randoms:

CM is more stunning in person than I remembered. She's healthy looking & so radiant from her lovely wavy hair to her sparkley shoes. My husband isn't as into music but comes along commented on her 'wow' factor. He knows her more from the down to earth interviews I've watched, respects her as a fellow Brit (loves her wit, humour), and now gets it.

I'm not astute enough musically to say what she doesn't play, but she likes to keep her hands busy & clearly played GoP (as mentioned above). I think you all know she's got a small autocue /teleprompter on her keyboard stand but I never saw her use it. I'm not sure the maracas actually shake but I can't say it bothered me.

Agree about the lack of publicity & familiarity, and a Tuesday night is a challenge for many. Today at work I repeatedly played the 'which concert were you at' game, finally just saying that I saw 2 from FM, then it was 'oh cool'.

I'm forever amazed that people can buy front row seats & not once stand, dance, etc. I'd combust.

I enjoyed watching the setup post Wilderado: Christine's tech adjusting the keys, dusting them off with a paintbrush, her assistant (I assume) setting up her two blue Solo cups (bottled water, straws), Federico popping out to look at his bass collection (he was out a few times before Wilderado opened).

I adore how Chris & Linds simply stroll out at show time: no fanfare, just here we are.

The band members have great rapport, fun, & interaction with CM. Jimmy had posted Instagram pics the night before of him, Brett, Federico at the cinema to see the Dixie Chicks film (Jimmy is in that) & I heard Brett & Federico mention it while Linds was introducing Jimmy.

There was a front row couple who kept trying to get selfies /photos of themselves with Chris & Linds & they struggled to do so. Linds seemed amused & pointed them out to Chris. It pleased me when they had a random moment or laugh. Of course his expressions are legendary.

I can only hope their creating & performing makes another run. Theirs is the first album in years I've listened to on continued repeat & without skipping a track. What a gift.
Agree on the front row folks sitting down--how?!?! Chris looks totally at ease with the band and they're all relaxed and having a blast. You're right about them strolling out too, like they're going to get the newspaper at the end of the driveway.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
I couldn't agree more, jenniferuk. This new music is a gift. I listen to the songs all the time. I go through phases about which ones are my favorite. Right now I'm on "Too Far Gone" and "Love is Here to Stay" kick. But whenever the disc is playing, I always make time for the final two songs, too. Just incredible stuff.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard Lindsey say something about "doing this again". I hope someone else heard it too or has it recorded. A second album would be incredible! Then if they tour we'd get songs from BOTH albums. Can you imagine?!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Agree on the front row folks sitting down--how?!?! Chris looks totally at ease with the band and they're all relaxed and having a blast. You're right about them strolling out too, like they're going to get the newspaper at the end of the driveway.
Haha, the newspaper is spot in.

This is mean of me but you must've seen the couple in row b, the two chairs (front row really as there was no row A)? They didn't move once & were not amused when security let us up.

I think I was to your left at the stage / encores as I turned sideways at one point to look at the crowd and saw your sign. Well done!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I was to your left at the stage / encores as I turned sideways at one point to look at the crowd and saw your sign. Well done!
Thank you!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I couldn't agree more, jenniferuk. This new music is a gift. I listen to the songs all the time. I go through phases about which ones are my favorite. Right now I'm on "Too Far Gone" and "Love is Here to Stay" kick. But whenever the disc is playing, I always make time for the final two songs, too. Just incredible stuff.
Oh this! I laugh as the other day I found myself humming SATC and I didn't think I particularly liked that song...but now I do! Too Far Gone is my current favourite.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I made a sign that said "Thank You For New Music". Just a flimsy sign written in marker but it worked. I brought it to the Chicago show too but realized some of the marker smudged after holding it up for a minute. This time it was legible and Chris saw it. She looked right at me, nodded and smiled. The guy on my left goes she saw it!

The security kept the aisles clear and told people to turn their flash off. Then for the encore they let everyone up. That was unexpected. I talked to one of the ushers after the show and he said every band does things different and they gave the all clear for fans to come up. That's when I saw Chris's shoes.

Can anyone verify Lindsey's comment about him and Chris "doing this again" or "we'll do this again"? I'm certain I heard him say that. He complimented Chris on her time away from the band saying it "took a lot of courage' for her to do what she needed to do.
so great that you made the sign and that Chris saw it!!

yes i've heard him say that too - he half-asked Chris that they should do all this again, maybe in 2 years?! i understood it as another new album and tour it!

i'm looking for a recording of one of the shorter LB ramblings i think right after they came back out for the encores - he mentioned something about being too hot in Washington - would love to have that if anyone has it or finds it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-09-2017, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie last night. Great show!

A post shared by Adam S Dailey (@adamdaileydirector) on