The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up timing is right to put out 4/5 FM album and tour it!

after being completely ecstatic for a day, i'm getting worried they will succumb to their waiting-on-stevie habit and not go ahead with finishing their album and touring it before the massive FM tour coming up at the end of 2017/18.

i'm worried SN's tour will bomb, she will decide to contribute after all, which will ruin all these fantastic plans of an album and 4/5 tour before the end of 2017. instead they'll squander all next year working on her songs when she finally decides to rejoin, and we will not see anything from FM before their next GH world tour.

mark my words. this seems to be the pattern.

Adding the original Christine quote from RS interview talking about the album and the tour, for some ccntext -

RS: What is the future of the band at this point?
CM: Well, we cut seven songs in the studio already for the start of a brand-new studio album. Which we did probably nearer two years ago. We shelved that temporarily and then went on the road and did the tour. And now, actually, I think we're going back in in October to try to finish it off. Stevie hasn't participated yet, but hope springs eternal. She's going on a solo tour at the moment. But Lindsey and I, we have plenty of songs. There are tons more in the bag that we have yet to record. And they're fantastic. So we're going to carry on and try to finish the record. And then maybe if Stevie doesn't want to be part of that then we can go out and just do some smaller concerts.
RS: You would consider doing some shows with just you, Lindsey, Mick and John [McVie]?
CM: As a four-piece, yeah. With a view of doing a huge world tour after that, with Stevie.
RS: And would you expect that we'll see this new album in 2017?
CM: One would hope so, yeah. That's the plan. And I can't wait for it to be finished. It'll be great. And then we'll hopefully do this world tour with Stevie. And after that, who knows? But we're all still alive, how about that? So that's a start.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 10-04-2016 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: Added original RS quote by Christine
Old 09-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I don't think her tour with the Pretenders will bomb, I DO think you're right that she will go into the studio with them after the holidays and that there WILL indeed be a final Mac album with the five and that there WILL NOT be an album or tour with just the four of them.

Despite what Chris or Mick has said in the press, I just don't believe Warners would get behind them and finance/promote an album without Miss Nicks. Just my two cents.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
after being completely ecstatic for a day, i'm getting worried they will succumb to their waiting-on-stevie habit and not go ahead with finishing their album and touring it before the massive FM tour coming up at the end of 2017/18.

i'm worried SN's tour will bomb, she will decide to contribute after all, which will ruin all these fantastic plans of an album and 4/5 tour before the end of 2017. instead they'll squander all next year working on her songs when she finally decides to rejoin, and we will not see anything from FM before their next GH world tour.

Yep I'd say this scenario is most likely. It would be great to see the band do something without Stevie n
Old 09-27-2016, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Despite what Chris or Mick has said in the press, I just don't believe Warners would get behind them and finance/promote an album without Miss Nicks. Just my two cents.
i'm confused why people keep bringing up Warners or any label. they can self-release, they've done that before. Warners is not a good label for them anymore anyway.

and they just need to have a promoter for a tour, not the label. and you know that both Mick and Lindsey - and i'm convinced Christine and John too - can tour relatively cheap, they do it all the time. they would make tons of money for promoters if they tour in this never-before-seen formation selling out smaller venues for higher prices. others do it all the time and find promoters. much smaller draws than FM, namely MFBB and LB solo completely alone, have no problem getting gigs so makes absolutely no sense FM would not.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-27-2016, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm having this worry, too. In her recent radio interview, Christine has said the band has already signed on the dotted lines for the tour dates. So, if Stevie wants in in the album at the 11th hour, and the band welcomes her, they'll have to shelve the new album yet again, tour for two more years, THEN release it.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I'm having this worry, too. In her recent radio interview, Christine has said the band has already signed on the dotted lines for the tour dates. So, if Stevie wants in in the album at the 11th hour, and the band welcomes her, they'll have to shelve the new album yet again, tour for two more years, THEN release it.
yup.

there's no downside for them in releasing and touring that 4/5 FM album. they are getting their massive money on the tour following it either way.

but somehow, they keep the door open for her to come back at 11th hour and mess up their plans.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they should sign with Matador. With "Tusk" being as popular as it is with the indie rock crowd, I think there would be a curiosity factor with Fleetwood Mac on one of the largest indie labels around. Of course, Nonsuch would also be a great indie label option, since it's an autonomous subsidiary of WB.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-27-2016, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yup.

there's no downside for them in releasing and touring that 4/5 FM album. they are getting their massive money on the tour following it either way.

but somehow, they keep the door open for her to come back at 11th hour and mess up their plans.
Ok Elle, I'm still a lityle high from the gas at the dentist earlier, but why are you worried?? You were so happy at this news!
I predict Stevie would be grateful if they went on without her for an album. It would free her up without guilt. I also think her tour will do moderately well, so no need to run back to them.
Relax.

When is my mouth going to not feel like a f%$@ing catcher's mit??!!

Jamie
Old 09-27-2016, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey and/or Christine should release solo albums if their songs are ready. Don't call it a FM album if Stevie is not involved. She's the most famous member and you guys must deal with that. At this point an album/tour with 4 of them (especially without Stevie) would bomb.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Ok Elle, I'm still a lityle high from the gas at the dentist earlier, but why are you worried?? You were so happy at this news!
I predict Stevie would be grateful if they went on without her for an album. It would free her up without guilt. I also think her tour will do moderately well, so no need to run back to them.
Relax.
thanks Jamie!

i don't know i guess it just looks too good to be true? they never had the balls in the past it seems, and always pulled back. maybe they finally will now, it would be so amazing, different and just plain interesting!

and like you said - win-win for everyone involved.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Lindsey and/or Christine should release solo albums if their songs are ready. Don't call it a FM album if Stevie is not involved. She's the most famous member
nobody is arguing the most famous or most commercial point. we are not interested in that. and band's having their money coming to them from the upcoming world tour with all 5, so they don't seem interested in that anymore either - they can have their cake and eat it too!

the band made album that is more FM album than what they released as FM in the last 15 years should not be taken apart and release as 2 solo albums, when the music is not solo. makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
nobody is arguing the most famous or most commercial point. we are not interested in that. and band's having their money coming to them from the upcoming world tour with all 5, so they don't seem interested in that anymore either - they can have their cake and eat it too!

the band made album that is more FM album than what they released as FM in the last 15 years should not be taken apart and release as 2 solo albums, when the music is not solo. makes no sense whatsoever.
Sure it does. A Christine solo album with Lindsey on backing vocals on a few tracks, and vice versa. Sorry, at this point don't shame the Fleetwood Mac brand with a partial lineup. I don't care what you think, that's my opinion and let's see if your 4 member band gets off the ground.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sure it does. A Christine solo album with Lindsey on backing vocals on a few tracks, and vice versa. Sorry, at this point don't shame the Fleetwood Mac brand with a partial lineup. I don't care what you think, that's my opinion and let's see if your 4 member band gets off the ground.
nice!

you do know these are co-written songs, right?

Old 09-27-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I'd rather not have her nasal voice on a FMac record. Great way to go out. I would love an artistic album without her drudging up old songs diminishing the work that LB and CM have done.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'd rather not have her nasal voice on a FMac record. Great way to go out. I would love an artistic album without her drudging up old songs diminishing the work that LB and CM have done.
plus it would be cobbled and stitched together like SYW and EP were, instead of a nice cohesive sounding album that LB and CM seem to have now with all their co-writes.