User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Living in the past is all you can really do with Fleetwood. It's like with Otis Redding or Jeff Buckley fans, too. I mean, physiologically Fleetwood Mac isn't dead. But musically they are. If they want to become a creative force once again and produce a lovely album or soundtrack or anything that challenges and inspires, I'm all for it. But American Idol? Classic Southwest? These are not creative acts, and they don't make anyone relevant.

Any genuine creativity at this point is coming from a few of the members as solo artists, primarily Stevie and Lindsey, both of whom still occasionally write and record. But they aren't artistic surrogates for Fleetwood Mac, which has run completely dry. And the only thing we have from Fleetwood Mac that's worth paying for are very old albums repackaged. Lindsey still has a lot of talent and capability, and the list of things he could do creatively to challenge and inspire is a mile long. He knows that this stupid TV show meant nothing of any lasting value. He could also distribute branded wine through Costco.
You are right of course, and everyone on the board knows he knew full well that this was a promotional exercise and nothing more. When you consider this and don't take the performance too seriously it's ok and you move on from it.

I know many may think I'm off little on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Stevie had it in her head from the beginning that a perfect reunion would be for the 50th anniversary of Buckingham Nicks which would be in 2023. New or a tour, both, etc... Lindsey still has something to give us creatively and it's frustrating that we have to wait for it, but I think it will pay off in the end.

Off topic, Did anyone notice the new John Mayer cover for his album SOB rock? Looks alot like Go Insane to me . His influence is felt mostly in small creative circle, but if things like an album cover or a tv appearance get those unfamiliar with what he has done for music (as a producer, arranger, engineer, etc) aside from being an ace guitarist, I'm all for it.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post

Off topic, Did anyone notice the new John Mayer cover for his album SOB rock? Looks alot like Go Insane to me . His influence is felt mostly in small creative circle, but if things like an album cover or a tv appearance get those unfamiliar with what he has done for music (as a producer, arranger, engineer, etc) aside from being an ace guitarist, I'm all for it.
While I did monitors for John Mayer one time, I'm not a big fan. It should be noted that John plays Rick Turner Model Ones, our Lindsey's signature guitar. So it's probably no accident that his Lindsey panties are showing.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Ditto David

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I guess I’m an outlier. I finally saw this thing on YouTube and thought it was awful. I know nothing about the woman he sang with other than that she brought less than nothing to the song (to me, she sounded like a banshee with sunburn). The two of them had literally no reason to stand onstage side by side and sing anything, whether it was “Go Your Own Way” or “Everybody Wants to Be a Cat.” Vivfox was right: this was stale cheese — worse than any lame tribute act I ever saw. The 1980 Lindsey Buckingham would have taken this embarrassing marketing ploy and stuffed it back in the jacket pocket of whichever suit suggested it. This TV thing goes against everything Buckingham has ever said he is proud of about his craft. Cheese City. Shameful.
The contestant's warbling was unendurable and Lindsey was glaring murderously as though he'd just noticed a delegation of Republicans sitting in the front row.
He would have been better off performing with this bird:

Old 06-19-2021, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How many people are downloading GYOW since they saw this fabulous performance?
Old 06-19-2021, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
The contestant's warbling was unendurable and Lindsey was glaring murderously as though he'd just noticed a delegation of Republicans sitting in the front row.
I’ve seen Lindsey play a whole show with his eyes closed. Don’t ask me why. I have no idea what he was mad about. But I’ve seen him do it. So the fact that he had his eyes open indicated a level of joy, IMO.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although different, that was really good. Her voice is quite amazing! And Lindsay's playing/voice was really good!

Was it me, or did Lindsay seem almost comatose compared to normal? Except at the very end when he did a little one legged hop move.

Maybe it's just been so long since I've seen him on stage that I'm forgetting perhaps?????
Old 06-23-2021, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
But I did and do love Buckingham/McVie.
Oh, I love it too, Tony. But I don’t call it Fleetwood Mac because they don’t call it that. It’s intelligent new material and it proves that some of the people in the band feel the urgency and joy in writing and recording instead of always retreading old floorboards. But the band collectively is only a massive arena phenomenon for years now, and that’s what I mean when I say it’s weak musically and doesn’t live up to its old creative fire and yadda yadda.

Quote:
I keep coming around holding out hope there will be another studio collaboration between those two.
Sure, I’m all for it. Give me one album and album-heavy little tour afterward instead of ten of these worldwide “reunion” tours.

“Joni Mitchell has joined Fleetwood Mac so we’re going on a world tour and playing all our old favorites, plus ‘The Circle Game’ and we will be on Ellen, too, so come out and see us y’all!” Marketing decisions, whether they apply to smartphones or rock bands, never excite me.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-23-2021, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post

I had to share this with dozens of people at work. This is amazing and idiotic and cute and my ribs are aching, you ol’ Joe, you.

moviekinks.blogspot.com