Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default George Harrison photo that Stevie keeps nearby

For years, Stevie Nicks has kept a treasured 1970-era photograph framed and with her on the road, getting untold moments of inspiration while touring both as a solo artist and with Fleetwood Mac. She’s pictured with George Harrison, along with the well-known Maui restauranteur Bob Longhi.

Nicks, as revealed in Graeme Thomson’s George Harrison: Behind The Locked Door, was in Hawaii at the time doing some uncredited co-writing with the former Beatles star. In fact, Nicks contributed to “Here Comes the Moon,” from 1979′s George Harrison. This treasured photograph was apparently taken while the guitarist was putting the finishing touches on “Soft-Hearted Hana,” from the same studio project — which was, in fact, dedicated to Longhi.

The image from that long-ago impromptu collaboration in 1978, originally passed along by a friend, stays with Nicks even today.

“When I go on the road it goes right on my makeup mirror,” Nicks says. “So before I go on stage, whether it’s with Fleetwood Mac or me in my solo career, the three of us are looking back at me and that has been my inspiration every single night. There’s lots of nights where you kind of go, I wish I didn’t have to go on stage tonight, I’m tired, I don’t feel like doing it, and I look at George Harrison and look at Longhi and look at me and I go: ‘Well, you just have to, because it’s important, it’s important to make people happy, so get out of your chair, put on your boots and go out there and do your thing.’”

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014...rrison-nearby/
Old 01-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie clearly treasures the time she spent with George Harrison and it's clearly one of her great "Rock and roll moments"

This same photo that means so much to her has been cropped in the "IYD" documentary...It's in the section where she talks about how she was writing even at an early age...The photo just seems out of place in the "IYD" doc...
Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie looks SOOOOOOOO skinny in that photo