User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:25 PM
Ledgie

My thoughts on Christine's return

THANK GOD

Im sorry to say , i was tiring of the current line up of the Mac.
To be honest, if Christine did not return, i would not be buying the new album or forking out for concert tickets

Now i am very much interested in whatever they do
Old 01-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a mixed reaction on her return. On one hand I am very excited that she is back but I wonder for how long. Is this a one off tour or will there be a tour then an album and another tour. She is going to be 71 so time is of the essence here and they should strike while the iron is hot. The main drawback for me is if the setlist is mainly going to consist of what they have been doing for 11 years without her. Sure they will do some of her songs but they really should revamp the show and pull out more then just some of her hits. How about doing 2-3 songs from B/N era that they have never done live along with some of her stuff?
Old 01-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I have a mixed reaction on her return. On one hand I am very excited that she is back but I wonder for how long. Is this a one off tour or will there be a tour then an album and another tour. She is going to be 71 so time is of the essence here and they should strike while the iron is hot. The main drawback for me is if the setlist is mainly going to consist of what they have been doing for 11 years without her. Sure they will do some of her songs but they really should revamp the show and pull out more then just some of her hits. How about doing 2-3 songs from B/N era that they have never done live along with some of her stuff?
My guess is that it'll be a greatest hits tour with fewer deep cuts than they're currently doing to accommodate Christine's hits. But having never seen FM with Christine I would be fine with that. Would love if it if that weren't the case though. But who knows. Maybe they can finish an album before going on tour and they can add some new songs.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 01-18-2014 at 11:15 PM..
Old 01-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

They had the past 15 years to do bucking ham nicks songs. They will never ever do them. But my thoughts on Chris's return: I'm so excited! I remember in 03 when her retirement was announced that I was looking forward to just stevie and Lindsey. This last tour was amazing, but 03/04 and 09 was just ok. By 09 I wanted her back. Since then I have learned to appreciate her more. 2 years ago I started getting the pre 75 albums just to hear her. I got in the mean time a few months ago.

Last edited by gssmith; 01-19-2014 at 12:23 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
They had the past 15 years to do bucking ham nicks songs. They will never ever do them
Exactly. Plus, if they go to a 26 song set, there will still be room for some of the deeper cuts and/or new songs.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-19-2014, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Exactly. Plus, if they go to a 26 song set, there will still be room for some of the deeper cuts and/or new songs.
Yeah, since Stevie was telling Christine they put on a 3 hour show, they might as well live up to it.

Michele
Old 01-19-2014, 04:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, since Stevie was telling Christine they put on a 3 hour show...

Michele
She's counting the putting on makeup time.
Eyeliner like that takes time, lots of time.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
She's counting the putting on makeup time.
Eyeliner like that takes time, lots of time.
Stevie's sense of time (she toured Wild Heart in 1984, etc.) and space ("We just flew in from Tampa, wherever in the world THAT is") is childlike.

I'm happy Chris is returning to the Mac, I guess. It may not help, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie's sense of time (she toured Wild Heart in 1984, etc.) and space ("We just flew in from Tampa, wherever in the world THAT is") is childlike.
That's what touring does. Ever since I've gone on tour, my sense of time is nowhere near what it used to be.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's what touring does. Ever since I've gone on tour, my sense of time is nowhere near what it used to be.
It's very easy to do. Just look at this Christmas holiday we had. When you don't have to work in the middle of the week, Wednesday begins to feel like Sunday.

If you do a lot of traveling, you forget which hotel is where. In and out of anonymous cities.

I was talking to a woman who had a stroke about five years ago and she had sharp memory of all time frames before the stroke -- she even told me exactly when I moved out to California. But she has lost all sense of time since her stroke, because she has been in a nursing home ever since and one day, one year seems so much like the other.

Michele
Old 01-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's very easy to do. Just look at this Christmas holiday we had. When you don't have to work in the middle of the week, Wednesday begins to feel like Sunday.

If you do a lot of traveling, you forget which hotel is where. In and out of anonymous cities.
And throw alcohol and drugs into the mix, and it can get really bad.

I've often had to look at tour itineraries to jog the memory. I remember the shows, but the timeline is a complete blur. And GbV doesn't do a quarter of the tour Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks solo do.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-19-2014, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It did bother me that in the 15 years since she left when they did tour it was more or less the same show as half of the show was songs they have done for years anyway. They could have revamped the show but they chose to play it safe and I think that is what they will do this time as well.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
It did bother me that in the 15 years since she left when they did tour it was more or less the same show as half of the show was songs they have done for years anyway. They could have revamped the show but they chose to play it safe and I think that is what they will do this time as well.
I agree. This will most likely be a Dance Redux...but with a handful of new and different songs.

I do hope, for example, they do either Isn't it Midnight or Little Lies--and ditch Everywhere.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that they will will ditch Dreams, Don't Stop, Landslide, Monday Morning, or Say You Love me, despite having heard all of them so many times. But maybe there will be three new songs in the set list?
Old 01-20-2014, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I don't think there is a chance in hell that they will will ditch Dreams, Don't Stop, Landslide, Monday Morning, or Say You Love me, despite having heard all of them so many times. But maybe there will be three new songs in the set list?
I think "Monday Morning" could be ditched. ISA, probably not.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think "Monday Morning" could be ditched. ISA, probably not.
They didn't play Monday Morning on this tour, so it's not an essential.

ISA I am pretty tired of in its current form. I completely spaced out during the song this time around and felt it just went on too long; it felt longer than the version I saw in '09, which I really enjoyed.