Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Presale Ticket Discussion

Hi all. I'm going to get tickets for the San Jose show and I just saw that there is an Amex only presale starting this Friday. I don't have an Amex card but my dad will let me use his. Can someone use another person's card? We do have the same last name. Can I register it beforehand on my ticketmaster page with a name that isn't mine? Also, other than the obvious information (name, billing address, card number), is there anything else I need to know? If any of you have any experience and/or first hand knowledge and can share it with me, that would be great.

Second, there are 3 tiers of ticket prices: 46.50, 59.50, and 146.50. That seems like a huge jump. Does anyone know if that last price is for all the floor seats? Or is that like a meet and greet? (I'm assuming that it's the price for floor seats, yikes!)

Finally, does anyone know if there is a way to know whether the presale tickets will actually be close? Often I've gotten better seats by getting tickets through the regular on sale instead of the presale. Is there a way to know which tickets the presale will sell or do you just have to get on at the sale time and see?

Thanks in advance for any help. Wow, Fleetwood Mac in a few months (well, 6). Very cool

Kevin
Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would assume that's floor seats.

If I were you, I'd get on at the presale and see what you can get. If you can't get anything that suits you, then maybe wait until later when general tickets go on sale
Old 12-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You can use someone else's credit card, but you will have to put in his billing information. Michele
Old 12-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What Michele said. Also if you use your Dad's card, do not use "will call" to pick up your tix. He would have to be there in person with the credit card and drivers license for pick up at the venue.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

I bought tickets through an Amex sale with a friend's card. You have to have their billing information and if you are having the tickets shipped you have to use their mailing address. I was not able to have them mailed to a different address than the billing.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

Looks like not all dates have AARP and Amex presales. I'm looking for the 4/20 date in CT and it's not listed on Amex's presale list.. http://www.ticketmaster.com/american...93#colMainWrap

Anyone else able to find the CT's show presale info?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutato View Post
Looks like not all dates have AARP and Amex presales. I'm looking for the 4/20 date in CT and it's not listed on Amex's presale list.. http://www.ticketmaster.com/american...93#colMainWrap

Anyone else able to find the CT's show presale info?
Mohegan Sun is the one venue you will prob not get a presale for
Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric51078 View Post
Mohegan Sun is the one venue you will prob not get a presale for
That might be good though. Means we have a chance to get good seats. I know Foxwoods holds certain floor sections that can only be purchased through their box office and not ticketmaster, I wonder if Mohegan is the same way. Might be worth a call before the 17th.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutato View Post
That might be good though. Means we have a chance to get good seats. I know Foxwoods holds certain floor sections that can only be purchased through their box office and not ticketmaster, I wonder if Mohegan is the same way. Might be worth a call before the 17th.
Mohegan holds sec 1-5 for players! Good luck!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Is there anything special you have to do to use the AmerEx card? This is my first time using it!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric51078 View Post
Mohegan holds sec 1-5 for players! Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know the difference between AMEX preferred seating and AMEX cardmember presale? Both of which start Dec. 10 for Philly.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So many questions!

AMEX preferred requires use of a password-8004923344, which is the GOLD card customer service phone number. The regular AMEX presale doesn't require a password. Both require an AMEX card as payment. Most of the time, no seats worth buying are found in a presale, but you may experience otherwise. There is usually no difference in seat selection between the AMEX options.

If you want to use a friend's card, you can use YOUR email address to get etickets even though you have to use their billing information.

The top price of $146.50 will get you a floor seat or a close to the stage lower level. There are no other options, right Elle?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
So many questions!

AMEX preferred requires use of a password-8004923344, which is the GOLD card customer service phone number. The regular AMEX presale doesn't require a password. Both require an AMEX card as payment. Most of the time, no seats worth buying are found in a presale, but you may experience otherwise. There is usually no difference in seat selection between the AMEX options.
Thanks! Has everyone else had similar experiences with presales? I've actually never tried getting tickets during a presale. That might be a good thing if it's true, realized I won't be around so much this Monday to fight for tickets lol.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi, Kevin here. I posted the original question. So thanks to everyone for sharing your ideas.

I have had very mixed results with pre sales. Sometimes I've had good results and other times I haven't, and for those concerts I just waited for the regular public on sales to get tickets. I think for this show if there is anything on the floor I'll get them and if they aren't really good, I"ll go back and try again next Friday.

Good luck with tickets, everyone. !

Kevin