User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
-Mirage, Tango, Behind The Mask, and Time were all glazed over by one single sentence. I can understand brushing over BTM and Time, but Mirage and Tango should have gotten more attention.

- The whole five minute Lindsey Buckingham Behind The Music mini-show... Why did they interview his wife and brother? That is more time they should have dedicated to the 80's.

- "After Say You Will, the members went on to work on solo projects of their own" *TISL covers comes across screen* *facepalm*

- No new Stevie interviews! Where the hell was our woman?!
I completely agree - they went from Tusk to the '93 "reunion" I was surprised they even showed Behind the Mask and Time album covers.

yeah the Lindsey stuff about his wife kids and stuff was really uncalled for. What about Mick, John, and Stevie's family. Didn't Stevie lose her father recently?

Poor choices in editing were made all around this project, slapped together for the hell of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
i couldnt finish watching it i had to turn it off after they were going on and on and on about Lindsey and his damn wife.
ditto, actually the whole thing made me dislike Lindsey even more...if it's possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Something about the way this band comes off in interviews just annoys me at times. Maybe it's something to do with the times we live in now, things are a lot different than they were in 1997, and sitting and listening to rich, famous people act like making Rumours was such a horrifying, painful, and exhausting experience that they are "lucky to be alive" afterward just seems ridiculous. Seriously, you made an album...you went to a studio, played instruments, sang, produced, yadda yadda. And everyone was breaking up...right, that happens every day too. Hell, LB and SN weren't even married, and none of them (aside from Mick) had any kids involved in these splits. I don't know if this kind of self-pity really resonates with people anymore. I know I personally thought it sounded amusing 13 years ago, but I was 17..now I'm 30, and I just think, seriously, you poor bastards, stfu....move on.

To me, this was a silly revision to what was already a half-assed approach to covering Fleetwood Mac...behind the music. In 1997 it left out a LOT...(1967-75 lasts about what, 1-2 minutes?)...(1980-96 is covered in a phrase, aside from the Clinton inauguration)...I guess I would have thought a revised show would have maybe not focuses as much on repeating what is already known. Gee, NOTHING to report about Mirage, Tango? The whole 1987 breakup and subsequent tours with Billy and Rick? It's not as glamorous as Stevie cleaning houses to make ends meet, but it's the band's history.

The best stuff in the show in my opinion was the Sheryl Crow piece which got more time than I ever thought. Lindsey made me laugh with the comment about her not singing her own songs...clearly he was appalled at the idea.

I wasn't expecting much more from VH1 really, but I think a more detailed "part 2" would have been better...focusing on the years since 1980 would have been more interesting to me. And clearly, new interviews with all of the band members (and Christine) would have been most ideal.
All their 80's contributions got screwed. What does Lindsey have against Sheryl Crow - sounds like he don't want someone taking some of his spotlight.

No new interviews from Stevie and not much respect was given to Christine. no wonder she left the "Stevie/Lindsey show"!

These Behind the Music's really need to be 90 mins or 2 hrs esp for certain groups/artists. Justin Beibers can be 7 minutes and 24 seconds!!

That's all...yah!!
Old 12-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Honestly, this guy is going to be fevered and delirious on his death bed saying that John and Mick tried to make him use a pick, Christine burned her bridges and Sheryl Crow didn't know her place.

Michele
But only the quote he makes about Stevie will make the newspapers.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post

- The whole five minute Lindsey Buckingham Behind The Music mini-show... Why did they interview his wife and brother?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
i couldnt finish watching it i had to turn it off after they were going on and on and on about Lindsey and his damn wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Don't you mean John and Yoko?

It's so laughable how they threw in those old BTM interview clips of Kristen. Talk about RAN-DOM... anywhoo...they didn't even mention the third child, Stella. Why it is such a miracle that Lindsey got married and had children later in life I don't get. Ridiculous. They didn't feel the need to emphasize Mick and John's wives and children and technically, they are "Fleetwood Mac". So craz-ee!!
Old 12-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey Buckingham: Behind The Music Remastered was vomit inducing. I'm not too thrilled with him in general, but my God STFU.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

It's so laughable how they threw in those old BTM interview clips of Kristen. Talk about RAN-DOM... anywhoo...they didn't even mention the third child, Stella. Why it is such a miracle that Lindsey got married and had children later in life I don't get. Ridiculous. They didn't feel the need to emphasize Mick and John's wives and children and technically, they are "Fleetwood Mac". So craz-ee!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
Lindsey Buckingham: Behind The Music Remastered was vomit inducing. I'm not too thrilled with him in general, but my God STFU.
I'm glad we all agree!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Probably editors' stupid idea of showing how they are all so normal and settled now - and therefore able to work together again - since it was followed by the clip from Destiny Rules doc in which Lindsey says to Stevie something like "don't worry, just do what you need to, and we'll make the song into something wonderful."

So - Mick is now off drugs, John stopped drinking, Lindsey has a family. All 3 of them found what they were looking for... But the part about Lindsey from BBC's Don't Stop doc last year was so much more appropriate - they just had Mick saying something, instead of some VH1 editor thinking "hey we already own the piece of tape from 2001 describing this, let's splice it in whether or not it fits!"
Old 12-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
So - Mick is now off drugs, John stopped drinking, Lindsey has a family. All 3 of them found what they were looking for...
What about poor Stevie? What did she get?

Did a thirteen year old edit this new BTM?
Old 12-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

Stevie got a new rock and roll penthouse and one million dollars!

And, yes - not only was it edited by a thirteen year old, but it a thirteen year old who forgot to google what year TISL was released, edit out LB saying his mother died "two years ago" and add in Stevie saying she and Lindsey are not best friends, not touch feely friends, have only been to the other's house (and criticized the decor while there) once, and how she CHOSE not to marry or have children but since Lindsey has children she'll probably be friends with him again when they're grown.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, my son is 13, don't insult kids, they can actually edit these days!

It must have been done on the (extremely) cheap, using as many existing clips as possible - and just the ones owned by either VH1 or FM.

Last edited by elle; 12-05-2010 at 05:03 PM..
Old 12-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmmm... Stevie still hasn't found what she's looking for? So she refused to give any new interviews for this and doesn't wanna work on any new FM albums... yet
Old 12-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I'm glad we all agree!!!
Oh, I don't agree. I love hearing about Lindsey's kids and wish we'd heard about Stella too. If they aren't going to update his BTM they might as well throw it in this one. I never get enough LB.

I just wish he'd stopped talking about Sheryl. She didn't need to be joined with FM. She shouldn't have talked about it prematurely. She didn't get in the band. He won. Why keep rubbing it in? If he has all that extra time on his hands, why not go out and try to find himself some hair plugs?

Michele
Old 12-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched it but wasn't too impressed with the additions or subtractions to it. I didn't even tape it. I didn't think it was worth doing it. The first mess up to me is when they said that Rhiannon was there first number 1 hit. I thought Rhiannon only went to like 11 or 10. Dreams was there 1st and only US # 1 song. At least that I know of. If I'm wrong please correct me. Songs out of sinc. They spoke about the 80's than went back to Tusk. They showed SYW than went back to TISL (lp cover). All Stevie's interviews were from 97. Nothing new. At least thats what I saw. Not very impressive. I don't think I'd want them to redo Stevie's cause they'd probably mess that up too. Anyway, thats what I saw when I watched it. I also didn't understand the LB part with his wife either.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 12-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She got to finally release her first solo album, Trouble In Shangri-la, sometime after Say You Will!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, I don't agree. I love hearing about Lindsey's kids and wish we'd heard about Stella too. If they aren't going to update his BTM they might as well throw it in this one. I never get enough LB.

I just wish he'd stopped talking about Sheryl. She didn't need to be joined with FM. She shouldn't have talked about it prematurely. She didn't get in the band. He won. Why keep rubbing it in? If he has all that extra time on his hands, why not go out and try to find himself some hair plugs?

Michele
He's over 60 for crying out loud. Most men's hair begins to thin in later life if they have any at all left. Heck, the other two men in FM have far less hair. Also, I find nothing wrong with what he said about Crow... it was short and to the point. The questions was asked and he responded. I took at as there was nobody that could replace Christine and they certainly weren't gonna have an outsider come in a do their own solo stuff having never been in the band. I also read somewhere that Stevie told Crow that being in Fleetwood Mac was like being in the army because you have to be at a certain place at a specific time. Oh no! That must be so difficult. I am way tired of her crying about how hard being in Fleetwood Mac is. Yeah, it must be real rough to be a multi-millionaire and come in with partial song ideas that someone else helps you make them great and gives you 100% writing credits.

Point is only 2 members gave new interviews and I doubt it's because the others were shut out. They probably declined.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
I also read somewhere that Stevie told Crow that being in Fleetwood Mac was like being in the army because you have to be at a certain place at a specific time.
Yes, to be specific, it was on Mother's Day and they had Sheryl on speaker in the car. LOL!