Yes 138 93.24%
No 6 4.05%
Suck it and see 4 2.70%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
If they were to take a back to basics, from the ground up approach and work on the album as a band, absolutely it would be great to have a new album. I cringe a bit at the idea of Stevie "sending" them some tapes and dropping by near the finish to slap on some vocals and having zero part of the creative process. Also, the band would need a producer who "gets" them, Dashut and Calliat come to mind and take them in a direction that upholds the quality of the work through the process and keeps the egos in check. Otherwise, we would be in for more bloat and inconsistent work which would end up on the shelf or taking up i-pod space. Oh yeah, did I mention not to be attempted without Ms McVie in the room?
I agree completely.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ms Nicks will need to be open to a just a little feedback on grammar and editing to get her writing back on track and Mr Buckingham will need to bring himself to realize it's us who need to like his experiments.
Completely agree, but it's not going to happen because a long time ago she decided she's a big star and everything she touches "these days has turned to gold."
Old 01-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's certainly a good point Elle and Lindsey's experimenting has certainly worked for him in some instances, Tusk for example by and large, but my main point is that quality will need to prevail in the vein of an Out of the Cradle vs inconsistency that's plagued some of his and Stevie's other work. I personally don't care about formula for the ~Mac, I just want something really good to listen to.
Out of the Cradle still stands out as a coherent, beautiful work. It's Lindsey's masterpiece. However, I think UTS and SWS are pretty consistent, though not quite as brilliant. GOS suffers from the same thing SYW does - ups and downs in production most likely caused by long time gaps between writing, arranging and producing the songs. If UTS suffers in inconsistency, it is when toward the end Lindsey shoves in the two GOS songs, which have a different sound and kinda, but not really, fit into the overall collection of tracks.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I have been saying this for years. I agree. Rumours II would be brilliant.
Isn't that what Mirage was?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I loved Say You Will and hated the EP.
That's interesting. Lindsey said it was the best work the band after did right after SYW came out. Then about a year or two ago he said it was inconsistent. He must have been reading the critiques I wrote about SYW from day one, making that very point.

Now, in trying to compensate for that inconsistency, he offered songs to the band for the EP that actually went in a diametrically opposed direction from his brilliant songs of SYW, in favor of pablum. To me, SYW is brilliant even with songs like Bleed to Love Her and Steal Your Heart Away, which, though poppy, are still brilliant and edgy in their own right.

Where SYW fails is in Lindsey's inability to give some of Stevie's songs the right treatment. In fairness, I don't think Silver Girl could have been saved, nor do I think the atrocious crimes against grammar in Smile at You could have been fixed by Lindsey without Stevie's consent. Sure, Thrown Down, SYW and a couple of other songs were pretty good, but the 80s sheen of Running Through the Garden, the inexcusable self-absorption of Illume and the nefarious crimes agains the English language of Smile at You are hard to overlook. Tell you what: Pull those three songs and Come out of the mix, and I see if you don't have a terrific album.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
The Stones never let themselves be defined by one record like FM did...
Damn right!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No.
Uh, actually, yes. Even Lindsey has admitted they were trying to get back to the Rumours sound with Mirage. It's just that the passion and the quality of the songwriting wasn't there. For songwriting, the standout is Gypsy. But there is some beautifully produced pop music as well: Eyes of the World, Hold Me and some others.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

do you want a new album from your favorite band? of course, what would be the reason not to? because it may not be great? who cares! better than nothing. they will always be defined by rumours (they seem to insist on it!), whether or not other albums are great or not.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
do you want a new album from your favorite band? of course, what would be the reason not to? because it may not be great? who cares! better than nothing. they will always be defined by rumours (they seem to insist on it!), whether or not other albums are great or not.
Eh, I'm not even sure FM is my favorite band anymore. I'd have to give the honors to Cracker and the Stones at this point.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just hope there is another documentary.
I agree and hope we dont have to wait for ages until it gets released.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-13-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I don't think Tusk, Mirage, or Tango sound anything like Rumours.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Eh, I'm not even sure FM is my favorite band anymore. I'd have to give the honors to Cracker and the Stones at this point.
well they certainly never were and are still not MY favorite band. (and i have competing interests for a certain member's time.)

you like Cracker?? had no clue.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-13-2014, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't think Tusk, Mirage, or Tango sound anything like Rumours.
who said they did?

Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
who said they did?
I wasn't saying you did. I was hoping they don't try to sound like Rumours. All the other albums with the 5 seem to organically take on their own sound. I'm hoping that's what happens with the new album.