there's another design too
i don't know who made them but they're fabulous
Old 09-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From a piece on where 9 Famous Women were in their Twenties]

http://www.bustle.com/articles/29572...were-at-age-23

Bustle Magazine by Carrie Courogen •@carriecourogen September 4, 2014

Where Was Hillary Clinton in Her 20s? Where 9 Famous Women Were at Age 23

I’ve never been terribly fond of my birthday. There is something about the reality of growing up, the actual change in time, that scares me a little. It’s not being a grown-up I’m afraid of; it’s the act of growing up — all the twists and turns, ups and downs — I fear.

Maybe I’ve been referred to as a member of ”the new Lost Generation” so many times that I actually believe I’m lost. After all, before I even entered my 20s, the New York Times Magazine was reporting that I would spend my 20s pushing back adult rites of passage like leaving home and becoming financially independent.

When I was 13, I thought I would be married by 25. I certainly don’t see that happening now (nor do I want it to). Instead, in the days leading up to my 23rd birthday, I found myself coming back to Fleetwood Mac’s “Landslide” again and again, playing it on repeat too many times to count. What is it about this song that speaks to me on such a deep level, especially now? Forget listening to it at work; I cry almost every time.

Time makes you bolder
Children get older
I’m getting older, too.

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Oh, I don’t know.

Stevie Nicks was just 26 when she wrote about those snow covered hills in Colorado.

In the grand scheme of things, I hope I have many years ahead of me, and know I’m just starting out. But there is that fear that I will not accomplish everything I want to do; that I don’t even know what exactly I want to do with the rest of my life because the possibilities are endless — or that I haven’t done enough already.

So for my 23rd birthday, I decided to take a look at where are nine women I look up to were at when they were 23. Yes, many were already impressive, but they also clearly had plenty to learn, just like me.

At 23, Stevie Nicks was a starving artist in Los Angeles living with her then-boyfriend and musical partner Lindsey Buckingham. She was working as a waitress and cleaning lady to support the two of them.

Buckingham Nicks had opened for some big names like Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix early in their career together, but soon, they had no money, no record label, and no fame to their names. As Nicks remembers:

Lindsey and I had a taste of the big time, we recorded in a big studio, we met famous people, we made what we consider to be a brilliant record and nobody liked it. But I had gotten to a point where it was like, ‘I’m not happy. I am tired. But I don’t know if we can do any better than this. If nobody likes this, then what are we going to do?’ I made a decision to continue. “Landslide” was the decision.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[From a piece on where 9 Famous Women were in their Twenties]

http://www.bustle.com/articles/29572...were-at-age-23

Bustle Magazine by Carrie Courogen •@carriecourogen September 4, 2014

Where Was Hillary Clinton in Her 20s? Where 9 Famous Women Were at Age 23

I’ve never been terribly fond of my birthday. There is something about the reality of growing up, the actual change in time, that scares me a little. It’s not being a grown-up I’m afraid of; it’s the act of growing up — all the twists and turns, ups and downs — I fear.

Maybe I’ve been referred to as a member of ”the new Lost Generation” so many times that I actually believe I’m lost. After all, before I even entered my 20s, the New York Times Magazine was reporting that I would spend my 20s pushing back adult rites of passage like leaving home and becoming financially independent.

When I was 13, I thought I would be married by 25. I certainly don’t see that happening now (nor do I want it to). Instead, in the days leading up to my 23rd birthday, I found myself coming back to Fleetwood Mac’s “Landslide” again and again, playing it on repeat too many times to count. What is it about this song that speaks to me on such a deep level, especially now? Forget listening to it at work; I cry almost every time.

Time makes you bolder
Children get older
I’m getting older, too.

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Oh, I don’t know.

Stevie Nicks was just 26 when she wrote about those snow covered hills in Colorado.

In the grand scheme of things, I hope I have many years ahead of me, and know I’m just starting out. But there is that fear that I will not accomplish everything I want to do; that I don’t even know what exactly I want to do with the rest of my life because the possibilities are endless — or that I haven’t done enough already.

So for my 23rd birthday, I decided to take a look at where are nine women I look up to were at when they were 23. Yes, many were already impressive, but they also clearly had plenty to learn, just like me.

At 23, Stevie Nicks was a starving artist in Los Angeles living with her then-boyfriend and musical partner Lindsey Buckingham. She was working as a waitress and cleaning lady to support the two of them.

Buckingham Nicks had opened for some big names like Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix early in their career together, but soon, they had no money, no record label, and no fame to their names. As Nicks remembers:

Lindsey and I had a taste of the big time, we recorded in a big studio, we met famous people, we made what we consider to be a brilliant record and nobody liked it. But I had gotten to a point where it was like, ‘I’m not happy. I am tired. But I don’t know if we can do any better than this. If nobody likes this, then what are we going to do?’ I made a decision to continue. “Landslide” was the decision.
Ha! Glad you found that! I wrote it
Old 09-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverly13 View Post
Ha! Glad you found that! I wrote it
Oh that's great! Bustle is coming along well. Last year when it started there were many, many jokes about it on Twitter. Bustle had the last laugh.

Michele
Old 09-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

From MLive.com

Bumbling through life with a head full of mondegreens
Brad Flory, brad@lifeinplaid.com
September 10, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Pop superstar Stevie Nicks probably would consider me a poor listener. MLive file photo.

JACKSON, MI – Shame is easier to bear now that my social impairment has a name and a scientific basis.

The disease is called mondegreenism, and my case is severe. It's a chronic failure to correctly hear and comprehend song lyrics.

Laugh if you must.

Song-related disorders sound trivial to normal people, but a certain stigma is felt by those who battle this affliction.

My latest embarrassment came two weeks ago, when I sang along with the car radio to a classic hit song by Stevie Nicks.

"Just like the word we know," I sang. "Sings a song something-something singing."

My wife, who has witnessed many such episodes during her difficult years at my side, turned in disbelief.

"Even you cannot possibly listen to that song and hear 'just like the word we know,'" she said. "It's 'just like the white winged dove.' WHI-tte Wing-ED Dove."

The shock was profound.

"Are you telling me she's singing about birds?" I yelped. "Who cares about birds?"

Patiently my spouse explained that doves are not the point of the song, but I was lost. Incapacitated by mondegreenism, I had no clue what Stevie Nicks was saying even after hearing it for three decades.

Dozens more examples could be cited, because this began in childhood. I have only a dim idea of what some of my favorite songs are about. Time and again, the lyrics I hear prove to be absurdly wrong.

People assume I am a poor listener, and maybe they are right. But now I have an excuse.

"Did you know there is a word for messed-up song lyrics like the ones you hear?" my wife asked one recent day. "They're called mondegreens."

Running to the dictionary, I found this definition: "a word or phrase that results from a mishearing of something said or sung." The first known use of the word was in 1954.

Further research revealed certain people feel prone to mondegreenism, and scientists actually study how songs are processed between human ears.

One study found music is handled in part of the brain called the superior temporal sulcus, or STS, according to a 2010 article in NewScientist magazine.

"In the middle of the STS, the lyrics and tune were being processed as a single signal. But in the anterior STS, only the lyrics seemed to be processed," the article said.

Next time you hear someone sing ridiculously incorrect lines to a song, remember that we have brain damage. Our anterior superior temporal sulci don't work right.

Bumbling through life with a head full of mondegreens is no picnic, but the stigma feels better with an excuse. It's not me, Stevie, it's my sulcus.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 09-10-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Old 09-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart People Magazine - September 29, 2014

Jessica Simpson - Star Designer Spotlight

Regarding Jessica Simpson's own fashion sense she says, "It's bohemian and feminine. Right now I'm inspired by Stevie Nicks, and I love collecting vintage clothing and mixing prints and fabrics. I don't think anything doesn't match anymore!"

Thought this was a cool homage to Stevie as a fashion icon.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

25 Quotes on Wealth From Powerful Women

By Koa Beck, DailyWorth’s Senior Editor, September 27, 2014 Yahoo

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/25-quo...040000961.html

"When you're rich and famous you're the dominant force in a relationship, even if you try hard not to be. I've talked of sacrificing everything for Fleetwood Mac, but I realize now that it is simply the only thing I've ever wanted to do."

Stevie Nicks is the lead singer and a songwriter of Fleetwood Mac. In conjunction with her solo work, she has sold over 140 million albums and reportedly produced over 40 “Top 50” hits. With Fleetwood Mac, she garnered five Grammy Award nominations along with an additional eight for her solo projects. In 1998, she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

411 Mania September 27, 2014 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas

http://411mania.com/music/the-8-ball-top-8-solo-albums/

Top Ten Solo Albums

Bella Donna (1981) #8

Okay, sure. Looking at that teased 1980s hair and trying-too-hard outfit, it’s easy to dismiss Stevie Nicks as a relic of a time long since past. And for some, that may well be the case. In 1981 however Stevie Nicks was the premiere woman of rock n’ roll. Fleetwood Mac was ruling the charts with their landmark album Rumours only five years old and while 1979′s Tusk was a relative disappointment considering Rumours‘ commercial juggernaut status, it was a critical success. However, tension within the band was at an all-time high and Nicks’ extensive backlog of unrecorded songs gave her ripe fields for a solo career. Nicks forged ahead despite misgivings from her bandmates and released her solo debut, Bella Donna, to critical and commercial acclaim. While Nicks was obviously prominent within Fleetwood Mac, Bella Donna was her true coming out party into solo superstar status. With collaborations like “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around” with Tom Petty and “Leather and Lace” with Don Henley, the album gave Nicks the opportunity to share songs with people outside the Fleetwood Mac name with great success. Meanwhile she shined on the rest of the songs, particularly the rock-tinged “Edge of Seventeen.” Nicks would release several other highly successful albums that are often excellent but she never quite reached the sheer musical bliss of Bella Donna.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fox Sports, 10-10-14

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/fox-s...wanuick-101014

The Jay and Dan Podcast: Episode 40 with Fred Ewanuick

Now here's a podcast that's climbing right to the top of the charts! Jay and Dan update us with the latest about 'Corner Gas' as they're joined by Fred Ewanuick from the movie. The guys also pay homage to Jim Carrey, Stevie Nicks and Bill Cosby. Plus, don't miss a fresh rant from Schrager, a traffic report from Taggart, and Engineer Jim's latest look. And get ready for a rendition of 'O Canada' that's an all-time great.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From a Jeep Cherokee review

http://www.autoinsane.com/2014/10/10...ry-done-right/

The Harman Kardon audio is as good as I have ever heard in any vehicle. I’ve heard Stevie Nicks sing Silver Spring live. It sounded better in the Jeep. 19 Speakers provide a wide dynamic range, and a “soopa-bass” subwoofer you feel in your chest make this stereo something you will want to play for all your friends.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie shares what's on her playlist

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture...-playlist-1114

I whip my scarves back and forth to: "I Gotta Feeling," by the Black Eyed Peas.

On repeat: "Applause," by Lady Gaga. I've choreographed a complete dance to it.

Favorite new release: My own! 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault.

Throwback: "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress," by the Hollies. That is who I want to be.

My life's theme song: "Rock 'n' Roll Woman," by Buffalo Springfield.

Song of now: "Bartender," by Lady Antebellum. They are like the country Fleetwood Mac.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post

On repeat: "Applause," by Lady Gaga. I've choreographed a complete dance to it.
IM DYING
i want to see this nooooooooooooow
Old 10-15-2014, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post

Favorite new release: My own! 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault.
Shameless self promotion! I LOVE IT!!! But hey, SOMEONE's gotta do it!
Old 10-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
IM DYING
i want to see this nooooooooooooow
Does it have a lot of clapping gestures?

Michele
Old 10-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Does it have a lot of clapping gestures?

Michele
My guess is that it would resemble something along the lines of what she does in this video between the 3:56-4:12 minute mark!!!