Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara
That's fascinating. And no, Stevie doesn't look like herself. Yes, Lindsey looks damn good.
I think Stevie looks more herself on the SYW cover than the Dance cover. Her face, close up, on the Dance cover looks like a man or something.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
I think Stevie looks more herself on the SYW cover than the Dance cover. Her face, close up, on the Dance cover looks like a man or something.
Ya mean, she doesn't look like a red-haired Geisha girl in real life? And Christine McVie doesn't look like a butch lesbian, either?
Old 04-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Frankly, the Say You Will cover sucks. I much prefer the simpler Limited Edition CD version of Say You Will album. The photo cover makes them look dead and not a great image to put out there regardless of the Double Suicide connection (although interesting).

I have to admit, I seem to prefer all the album covers that do not feature the band in them.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B
Frankly, the Say You Will cover sucks. I much prefer the simpler Limited Edition CD version of Say You Will album. The photo cover makes them look dead and not a great image to put out there regardless of the Double Suicide connection (although interesting).

I have to admit, I seem to prefer all the album covers that do not feature the band in them.
Oooh I totally disagree. SYW cover just has a classic look. Their best album cover since Mirage I think.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oooh I totally disagree. SYW cover just has a classic look. Their best album cover since Mirage I think.
Best cover since Mirage? No way. Tango In The Night is a hot cover. Lush and depicts the music to be found inside.

I even prefer the Behind The Mask and Time covers over Say You Will.

John McVie even hated the cover where they were "floating." Which is either Say You Will or The Dance. I vote the former since they really do not appear to be floating on The Dance cover. But maybe.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My fave covers are Rumours and Mirage. The Dance and SYW are cool too, but I think SYW could have been better. Something, I don't know, but something is missing
Old 04-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Best cover since Mirage? No way. Tango In The Night is a hot cover. Lush and depicts the music to be found inside.

John McVie even hated the cover where they were "floating." Which is either Say You Will or The Dance. I vote the former since they really do not appear to be floating on The Dance cover. But maybe.

I actually thought he was talking about some of the inner sleeve pics on Tusk...?

-Lis
Old 04-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I actually thought he was talking about some of the inner sleeve pics on Tusk...?

-Lis
Very well could be. But then the question and answer seemed focused on album covers. Who knows? Yet another question to be asked...

lol.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The cover where they were "floating" is on the back of the Tango in the Night album where they are all floating in a room. As for the covers of Mirage and Tango, I have always thought they should be switched. The Say You Will cover is my all-time favorite (2nd place goes to The Dance) and I like the modern/eclectic approch they took with it!
Old 04-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250
The cover where they were "floating" is on the back of the Tango in the Night album where they are all floating in a room!

*incorrect buzzer noise*....they arent floating on the back of the Tango album...they're lying on the floor.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
*incorrect buzzer noise*....they arent floating on the back of the Tango album...they're lying on the floor.
*incorrect buzzer noise*
The back cover of Tango is of them standing, a black & white photo.

The lying on the floor was a sleeve insert.

They used the inner sleeve photo also for the Seven Wonders 7" Single

Last edited by Richard B; 04-09-2006 at 03:54 PM..
Old 04-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
*incorrect buzzer noise*
The back cover of Tango is of them standing, a black & white photo.

The lying on the floor was a sleeve insert.

They used the inner sleeve photo also for the Seven Wonders 7" Single

HA! ok well I wasn't ENTIRELY wrong...the picture of them "on the floor" I was referring to is on the back of the CD jewel case.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
HA! ok well I wasn't ENTIRELY wrong...the picture of them "on the floor" I was referring to is on the back of the CD jewel case.
So true.

I actually have always loved that photo. I like it when they're not so serious sometimes.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Ugh. I hate the Tango cover...talk about cheesy 80's! Well, I guess you're correct then about the cover depicting what was to be found inside

I think The Dance (besides Rumours of course) is F.M.'s best album cover. I think Stevie and Christine look especially smoldering there, and I love all the chaos going on around them with the collapsing furniture and the general "disheveledness" of the entire shot; it's all very swirly and surreal.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike
Ya mean, she doesn't look like a red-haired Geisha girl in real life? And Christine McVie doesn't look like a butch lesbian, either?
pfft!