The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:28 AM

Congradulations to Fleetwood Mac on their AMA win...

It did look like Lindsey was performing in his sleep...and they do look beat from this past tour...but I give credit where credit is due...I just hope after this tour they get the rest they truly deserve and look forward to hearing great things in the future.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was obvious that they would win ten minutes into the show when Kimmel spoke to them via satellite; not exactly suspenseful! Stevie was cute as a button, Mick was his usual, Lindsey seemed to have died yesterday but they figured why not throw his corpse into a chair, and John was once again the strong and silent type.

They didn’t seem enthused about winnning and Lindsey needs some new speeches *pronto.* The taped performance of Peacekeeper was...played. It was just awful, IMO. I don’t know if it was like this for the rest of you, but the sound mix was absolutely terrible. I could barely hear Stevie (thank god, because when I did, I didn’t like what I heard) and towards the end of the song, you could hear the “voices” that are in the Buffalo 5-15-03 boot. They all looked great, though.

As for the show itself, it was pure torture!!! I watched it to see FM, Sheryl Crow, Pink, and Kid Rock and that’s it. Kid Rock SUCKED, FM was mediocre (but that was due in part to the mix), Sheryl Crow was herself, and Pink tore the roof off of the place, she was amazing. The girl from Evanescence was awesome, too. Some musings I had while watching:

-Jimmy Kimmel is the most obnoxious celeb ever. He even beats Tom Arnold.
-Clay and Rubben were NOT meant to sing together. They have no harmony or spark whatsoever.
-Clay needs to eat a pork sandwich before he blows away with the Santa Ana winds.
-Britney Spears lipsynched her entire song and probably disappointed a lot of males because no navel was in sight.
-Dennis Franz is quite diminutive and round. Not a good combo.
-Paula Abdul needs several Botox injections. I could store chicken breasts in her sagging cheeks.
-Justin Timberlake is not sexy at all and I don’t see why people think so. He should at least have some body weight and a good haircut before people believe so.
-Ashanti seems like a diva. I bet she demands that the red carpet is rolled out for her every time she needs to use the john.
-Temporary body art is *so* passe and 1998.
-Anorexic chests do not look good in J Lo knock-off dresses.
-Sean Paul needs to take speech therapy.
-Hilary Duff looked like a cross between Stevie Nicks and a streetwalker.
-Toby Keith needs a swift kick in the ass.
-If I was sitting behind Tim McGraw, I would’ve ripped that damn hat off of him. Rude schmuck.
-Kid Rock needs to stop drinking cheap liquor. He’s rich enough to buy top-shelf liquor.

Old 11-17-2003, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
and towards the end of the song, you could hear the “voices” that are in the Buffalo 5-15-03 boot
Yes, that was the worst point for me, in what I felt was a pretty decent performance.
I'm laughing at your commentary
Old 11-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

LOL, dissention! I agree with you about Toby Keith. He's so obnoxious. But I disagree about Tim McGraw. I'd much rather look at the big hat than his big bald spot. He looks cute with the hat, IMO, and kinda homely without it.

BTW- Anyone else love Pink's eye makeup? I thought it was awesome how the sparkles were formed like tears...making her eyes look sad. It had a dramatic effect and was glamorous at the same time. Love it.

-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 11-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I agree - I'm not really into how half of them were dressed with all that bizzare 'junk-effect' accessorising, but she for one looked really striking.

I just got back from watching it on my TV - Australian broadcast (it's midnight here). It was great to see Peacekeeper on a big screen for once. It could just be the colour settings on my TV, but did anyone notice how when they zoomed out towards the end, the blue background of the stage coupled with blue lighting gave the effect that Lindsey's fro disappeared and he looked like Michael Stipe?

Oh and "Let's hope that the German government releases them soon." I didn't get it, but it was funny.

Oh and Cheryl Hines had a bit!! w00t. I love CYE.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Lindsey seemed to have died yesterday but they figured why not throw his corpse into a chair,
lol!! I can imagine what he must have looked like!

Unfortunately in the UK we suffer from a 4 DAY "satellite delay." lol!

(Btw, UK Ledgies...it's being shown at 10pm on the 20th on Living TV).

Old 11-17-2003, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
It was obvious that they would win ten minutes into the show when Kimmel spoke to them via satellite; not exactly suspenseful! Stevie was cute as a button, Mick was his usual, Lindsey seemed to have died yesterday but they figured why not throw his corpse into a chair, and John was once again the strong and silent type.

They didn’t seem enthused about winnning and Lindsey needs some new speeches *pronto.* The taped performance of Peacekeeper was...played. It was just awful, IMO. I don’t know if it was like this for the rest of you, but the sound mix was absolutely terrible. I could barely hear Stevie (thank god, because when I did, I didn’t like what I heard) and towards the end of the song, you could hear the “voices” that are in the Buffalo 5-15-03 boot. They all looked great, though.

As for the show itself, it was pure torture!!! I watched it to see FM, Sheryl Crow, Pink, and Kid Rock and that’s it. Kid Rock SUCKED, FM was mediocre (but that was due in part to the mix), Sheryl Crow was herself, and Pink tore the roof off of the place, she was amazing. The girl from Evanescence was awesome, too. Some musings I had while watching:

-Jimmy Kimmel is the most obnoxious celeb ever. He even beats Tom Arnold.
-Clay and Rubben were NOT meant to sing together. They have no harmony or spark whatsoever.
-Clay needs to eat a pork sandwich before he blows away with the Santa Ana winds.
-Britney Spears lipsynched her entire song and probably disappointed a lot of males because no navel was in sight.
-Dennis Franz is quite diminutive and round. Not a good combo.
-Paula Abdul needs several Botox injections. I could store chicken breasts in her sagging cheeks.
-Justin Timberlake is not sexy at all and I don’t see why people think so. He should at least have some body weight and a good haircut before people believe so.
-Ashanti seems like a diva. I bet she demands that the red carpet is rolled out for her every time she needs to use the john.
-Temporary body art is *so* passe and 1998.
-Anorexic chests do not look good in J Lo knock-off dresses.
-Sean Paul needs to take speech therapy.
-Hilary Duff looked like a cross between Stevie Nicks and a streetwalker.
-Toby Keith needs a swift kick in the ass.
-If I was sitting behind Tim McGraw, I would’ve ripped that damn hat off of him. Rude schmuck.
-Kid Rock needs to stop drinking cheap liquor. He’s rich enough to buy top-shelf liquor.
I thought Pink, Sheryl, and Alan whatshisname (country singer) were excellent.
Jimmy Kimmel is not amusing.
Clay and Reuben: It was like watching Ren and Stimpy try to out-sing each other.
Ans before they ask Monica to do the red carpet show, she needs to learn another question to ask. She asked everybody Who are you looking forward to seeing tonight? and when they'd say nobody in particular, she'd look stuck for words.
Most of the night was unbearable.

- Jake
Old 11-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL at your comments, Dissention...that chick in the J-Lo knockoff has what I call "east-west-breasts," they point in 2 different directions. You're right, she should NOT be displaying those unsupported puppies - she needs a Wonderbra, stat!

Quote:
Pink was AMAZING....and that crack about "someone who can actually sing" by Kimmel...was GREATNESS.
Was that a slam toward Britney? Does she EVER sing live? Her explanation to Diane Sawyer about that was LAME! And when she thanked the audience at the end, it seemed to me that was just her way of saying "See, this microphone thingy on my head really DOES work!"

But, congrats to the Mac! Stevie was hilarious - LB and John both needed to be cattle-prodded.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Most of you have covered my feelings about the show, but I did want to say that a few months back, I discovered Pink could actually sing, and I was pleasantly surprised. I was flipping channels, and I cought this songwriter Tribute show on the Bravo channel. Pink sang the Janis Joplin tune "Me and Bobby McGhee" and she sounded JUST like Janis! I **** you not. She was accomapanied by that same guy on guitar as last night, and sitting on a stool just like she was at the AMA's. It was an awesome performance.

Also, I guess I have been under a rock, because I have not heard of Evanescence.... I am going out today at lunchtime and buying their album. That girl blew me away. I must find out more about this band!

-Sharon
Old 11-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just wrong, wrong, wrong.

First of all, ten feet between the mics. just cannot work with that kind of live shot. It looked silly. AND can anyone say lighting? Secondly, LB I love you and your work and think you and it are brilliant, but please drop that song from any future t.v. gigs OR SING IT ON KEY. Finally, when John looked asleep during all shots in the interview room. He did, however, kick it in the a$$ during the performance!!!!!

My thoughts only - no more

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Holy crap! They did win!!!! I was so totally thrilled and, I'll admit, shocked! I thought for sure it would be Matchbox20! I felt so bad - I was talking to a friend of mine that I work with at the time they did that award, and when I heard Fleetwood Mac, I shrieked so loud in that poor woman's ear!!!! LOL

But wooooo-hooooo, it went to them!!! Yaaaah!!!

I missed when Jimmy was talking to them though...shoot!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 11-17-2003, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Hee Hee

I LOVE commentary on the award shows from you guys...Ren and Stimpy...

Yeah, Britney is lying, she NEVER sings live, it's ALWAYS lipsynching. I like her, but she is most def lying. She dances and entertains at her shows.

I think after last night, Pink's sales will go up.

Paula Abdul was sick, I think, she sounded krupy (how do you spell that word? LOL) and I should know, because I'm seriously fighting being sick.

Ashanti...UGH...and Hilary Duff...What was that writhing on the floor crap? She's supposed to be this lil innocent Disney girl and her outfit....okay, so she's the next Britney, while Britney is the next Madonna?
Old 11-17-2003, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Pink was AMAZING. That girl can sing. I knew that... but to see her unplugged like that, WOW. GO GIRL.

Jimmy Kimmel is an unfunny asshole. Do you hear that clock ticking? That's his career coming to an end (his late night show is in the toilet ratings-wise)

Stevie was hilarious with her thigh slapping. Lindsey looked tired. Mick was energetic and I loved John's track pants. I don't blame them for being tired-- it was VERY late there. I'm still in disbelief that they won because I thought it was solely based on record sales. But to know that a "random selection of the music buying public" voted on the awards makes me HAPPY. And I know it makes them happy too-- to know so many people are supporting them still, after all this time.

Hilary Duff is a cute girl, but the writhing has got to go. Marissa and Meredith and myself were on the phone together and couldn't help put sing along.... especially when she sang "CUZ"

Sheryl Crow is gorgeous and does a GREAT job with Cat Stevens' song... she is just amazing. Kid Rock? Not so crazy about his cover of "Feel like Making love"

Toby Keith? BOO.

Macy Gray? Yup, definitely on something. Stevie should be having a nice little chat with her about saying no to drugs... MACY JUST SAY NO.

Alan Jackson? Great. And so was Ashanti and Evanescence. Sharon, I may have to go buy their CD.

My fave performance of the night? OUTKAST. <333 Andre 3000 & Big Boi. They released two separate solo albums on the same CD... sound like anyone else we know? kidding.

Old 11-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yes Pink can really sing. She will be a major force if she continues to make the right career moves and stop making out with Tommy Lee.
Wouldn't it have been fabulous to hear Say Goodbye? How precious was Stevie at the begining of the show? I love to see her like that.
Lindsey looked very tired. Mick was hilarious and that's the side of him I like. "Well we are in our fifties." It cracks me up that McVie had no reaction whatsoever. Maybe it was a cardboard cutout.
Unfortunately, I missed Britney Spears. I'd lost interest in the show by then and I'd had enough of her with Diane Sawyer the other night. My lip was curled the entire time.
Jimmy Kimmel? Yeah, that's a fine replacement for Bill Maher.
That girl on the red carpet was terrible. Her top looked as though it had two footballs covering her boobs. What was that?
All in all, I thought the show was much improved over previous shows, though.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Yes Pink can really sing. She will be a major force if she continues to make the right career moves and stop making out with Tommy Lee.
And say what you will about Pamela Lee, she showed some dignity when Jimmy mentioned Pink & Tommy to her in front of everybody.
Remember Jason Alexander and Tyne Daly?

- Jake