User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I thought Stevie actively kept in touch with Mick. I think she's close with his daughters. She took him to the Twister premiere in 96, she went with him to the Rock & Roll HOF Ceremony in 05, he did a few songs during her solo set in 2007 in San Fran, she took him to the Broadway School of Rock opening night at the end of 2015, she popped into F'S ON Front Street, he went to her concert in Austin 2017, they met in Italy in 2018. I don't recall those years being active years for FM.

What I picked out from the article is that when she spoke of their band group chats, she mentioned Chris and Mick. (I don't envision John even responding to a group chat). She didn't mention Neil or Mike. Mike was mentioned in response to the Tom Petty point from the interviewer.
I think she does actively keep in touch with Mick. However, that’s different from keeping in touch with the band through a band chat. And, I disagree about John. Remember, he sent Lindsey that e-mail after the firing.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-01-2020, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And, I disagree about John. Remember, he sent Lindsey that e-mail after the firing.
That's right I forgot about that. I just connected John with sailing the seas & detaching from e-communications!
Old 05-01-2020, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The thing I found interesting is that she’s saying she’s in regular contact with the others. The band is on hiatus and was never known for keeping in touch when they’re not active. And, Mick and Mike said there’s not going to be another massive tour.

Also, while I’ve never claimed she was a reliable source, it is interesting that she’s saying she was always going to be taking the year off. Like, weren’t her solo touring plans part of the reason they gave for sacking Lindsey?
also Mike gave an interview a couple months ago (before covid19) saying FM wouldn't be doing anything this year coz Stevie wanted to do a solo tour.

She IS the Queen of revisionist history, so......
Old 05-02-2020, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She's been talking about making the Rhiannon movie since the 1970's!

Yeah, it's gonna happen now!

I'm shattering her delusions of love...
You are so right.
In the 1980's Rhiannon was going to be a play, then a movie, then a musical and we are still waiting for the book!
Old 05-02-2020, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The only thing that makes it seem a bit more believable when she talks about the Rhiannon project in 2020 vs. 1978-2015 is her relationship with Ryan Murphy. If he gets anywhere near this project, he’ll make it a reality. Whether Stevie intends to follow through or not.

That’s the key to deciphering Stevies endless misinformation interviews. When she mentions a project, no need to even pay attention. But when people around her start dropping hints, you can start to pay attention.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-02-2020, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sad how recording is not on her to do list. She still has a mountain of great old demos and songs even if she cannot compose anything anymore. The last we got was 6 years ago and with the money she made from the tours since then you'd think she could afford to hire the very best help with production etc and get some albums out to cap off her career and maybe get more attention.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

I enjoyed the interview. She comes across more like a “real” person than usual.

I feel very lucky to have seen her last concert at the golf tournament. With the likelihood of no concerts maybe until late 2021 except for dumb states like Georgia and Texas, who knows when/if she will tour again? I’m surprised she didn’t have plans this year. I thought she’d build some dates around the festival gigs.

Stevie has no missed opportunities. She’s done what she’s wanted and owes us nothing. Dolly Parton, a workhorse, has been talking about writing a musical about her life for years and it hasn’t happened.

Re: EB, from what I can tell, it can be chronic with flare-ups.

The only eyeroll from me was about the top secret chat. It’s probably Group text or zoom.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Stevie has no missed opportunities. She’s done what she’s wanted and owes us nothing. Dolly Parton, a workhorse, has been talking about writing a musical about her life for years and it hasn’t happened.
Dolly has her own theme park. Dolly has written children's books. Dolly produced several tv movies based on her songs along with two Christmas specials. Dolly has a gazillion albums for her fans to enjoy. Stevie wastes too much time touring and performing the same ole tired setlist forever. Stevie has a million missed opportunities. Lindsey begged her to record with FM most of this century. Aww forget it. I think this argument is lost on you. You drink the Stevie kool aid.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Dolly has her own theme park. Dolly has written children's books. Dolly produced several tv movies based on her songs along with two Christmas specials. Dolly has a gazillion albums for her fans to enjoy. Stevie wastes too much time touring and performing the same ole tired setlist forever. Stevie has a million missed opportunities.
You're right about Dolly. I think there's an active Dolly charitable foundation too. I had heard she pledged $1 million for coronavirus research too.

On Stevie's setlist, I'm also surprised that after her brilliant 24 Tour that she did a setlist in La Quinta, California containing 5 songs she had just done for 1 year & a half with FM as well as a Led Zep cover.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
On Stevie's setlist, I'm also surprised that after her brilliant 24 Tour that she did a setlist in La Quinta, California containing 5 songs she had just done for 1 year & a half with FM as well as a Led Zep cover.
One of my fave Ledgie quotes came from Louie years ago when Stevie was doing the Zep cover in her regular set. He said, "it's a song no Stevie fan ever wants to hear."
Old 05-03-2020, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this interview is from several weeks ago, because the audio of Stevie’s Harry Styles comments were included in the 3/27/20 episode of Rolling Stone Music Now podcast, entitled “Songs of Comfort.”

As for the Rhiannon movie, I would love to see her friend, Reese Witherspoon, produce... I think she has more film experience, and while Ryan Murphy projects often start strong, I don’t think he has good follow-through. I would love to see an ethereal animated version of Rhiannon. That would be so beautiful!
Old 05-04-2020, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Dolly has her own theme park. Dolly has written children's books. Dolly produced several tv movies based on her songs along with two Christmas specials. Dolly has a gazillion albums for her fans to enjoy. Stevie wastes too much time touring and performing the same ole tired setlist forever. Stevie has a million missed opportunities. Lindsey begged her to record with FM most of this century. Aww forget it. I think this argument is lost on you. You drink the Stevie kool aid.
Indeed. Stevie spent too many years high as a kite and tagging along on Heartbreaker tours (multiple) instead of doing her own sh&t. Stevie spent too many years waiting for Joe to come over. She likes to do the backhanded brag thing about how she never took a vacation she was always too busy. Well, I for one think if she HAD taken an actual vacation once in a while, and learned to be more selective in what she did, her creativity would have been better because she wouldn't have been so tired or burned out. When you compare the Stevie of 1975-1978 to the Stevie from Tusk tour onwards, it's such a clear and sad downward spiral. Fewer "gypsy girl" hangers-on licking her boots would have helped too. The repetitive tours of same old same old set list is really just another form of resting on her laurels. Or laziness.....
Old 05-05-2020, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I enjoyed the interview. She comes across more like a “real” person than usual.

I feel very lucky to have seen her last concert at the golf tournament. With the likelihood of no concerts maybe until late 2021 except for dumb states like Georgia and Texas, who knows when/if she will tour again? I’m surprised she didn’t have plans this year. I thought she’d build some dates around the festival gigs.

Re: EB, from what I can tell, it can be chronic with flare-ups.

The only eyeroll from me was about the top secret chat. It’s probably Group text or zoom.

I agree. I thought this article was pretty good. She sounded like a real person and didn't make it all about her, her, her.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-05-2020, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, talk of the Rhiannon movie and new music? With Lindsey out of the picture? What will a girl do with nobody to blame for derailing her solo plans. What sword will she have to fall on if she's not beckoned back to the "Army" for those dreaded Fleetwood Mac tours!?

It's kind of sad that it appears that movies and tv shows are possibly one of the few things that inspire her to write, you'd think she would have more to say given the events of the past 5-10 years.

I agree, she does seem more down to earth in this new interview. She's been long, long over-due for a trip back to earth and a departure from the "me-me-me-universe"
Old 05-05-2020, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish there had been pics of her in lockdown. No fillers, concealer, extensions, corset ...