Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Chris and John

Does anyone have a sense for what Christine's relationship with John is these days? She and Mick appear to remain close and keep in touch. Do she and John as well now that she's left the band, or have they drifted? Their lives couldn't be more different in many ways... she's single and childless living a nice, comfy retirement in England, and he's the dad of a teenager in the bustle of LA.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I used to think that John is living in Maui Hawaii.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, John sold his house in the valley.

They said that they sometimes email and share a recipe or garden tip with each other, but it's been several years ago that they even spoke on the subject.

Michele
Old 07-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn't John's daughter in her mid-20s now?! They grow up fast...

I think Mick would ring Chris more because it's in his personality to talk and to know what's going on. I can imagine John doing that much less, but still keeping in touch every so often.

It's interesting that around the time of ITM on one of her interview videos Chris said it's Mick and John she thinks of the most, clearly because the association goes all the way back to her sessions on the Peter Green albums and even before that, as a fan / blues musician.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just wonder about her and John because if you watch that band interview with Chris Connelly during the Dance time frame, when she says John's been married to his current wife longer than they ever were and John throws in that he just had his whatever it was (18yr or 15 yr or something) anniversary her response seems curious to me... "oh really? wow good for you Johnny" but in a fairly snarky tone. (Then again maybe it was hormones... she complained a lot about being hot and fanned herself throughout)

Is his daughter that old? I have to stop and think....I forget how long ago Say You Will actually was.... my god it came out 9 years ago...so it was recorded about 10 years ago....Molly was what? 13 or so then? Wow I guess you're right. But how can that be when I haven't aged a bit??
Old 07-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I just wonder about her and John because if you watch that band interview with Chris Connelly during the Dance time frame, when she says John's been married to his current wife longer than they ever were and John throws in that he just had his whatever it was (18yr or 15 yr or something) anniversary her response seems curious to me... "oh really? wow good for you Johnny" but in a fairly snarky tone. (Then again maybe it was hormones... she complained a lot about being hot and fanned herself throughout)

Is his daughter that old? I have to stop and think....I forget how long ago Say You Will actually was.... my god it came out 9 years ago...so it was recorded about 10 years ago....Molly was what? 13 or so then? Wow I guess you're right. But how can that be when I haven't aged a bit??
For those of us who have aged rapidly and badly in the last decade it's not hard to believe

I would take issue with one thing, which is the tone of some stuff Christine says, and this is an issue which has reared its head on the pre-Rumours threads about Bob Welch. I know Christine can be sarcastic, but equally the tone of a lot of what she says can be misconstrued. I think where others, e.g. Stevie, positively fizz with effervescence (whether genuine or otherwise) at fairly mundane stuff in interviews, Christine has the languid, British tone which - as I can vouch - often is misinterpreted.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It was when Chris was talking about the troubles with the FM couples...the "ex-couples", as she pointed out during The Dance interview....so John said that the day before it was his 19th anniversary of marriage. Chris answered "19 years yesterday?? CONGRATULATION, JOHNNY!!", but of course her answer was a little bit sarcastic, since as she said before, her marriage with John lasted less than the one between him and his present wife.
And I think Bombay is right about the fact that maybe it was hormones, since she was almost suffocating from the heat
As Michele said, some years ago Chris said that she and John sometimes email and share a recipe or garden tip with each other, but I'm not sure if it's still happening nowadays.

Currently, all I know is that some days ago Mick called her at the phone, and she said she's fine.