Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2018, 09:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm feeling confused - but I guess many of us are because it just is confusing after awhile with all the various incarnations this band has been through!

They're talking about this new combination with Mike and Neil as if it's a new entity, 'a brand new band', and saying that the new members are not just temporary replacements on the road, even if it's all in the initial stages right now.

There are probably many people on this board who are always going to regard 'the true Fleetwood Mac' as the five members of Rumours. (I can sympathise because there is nothing like that lineup, even though I have respect for the other lineups.)

I'm not a big Heartbreakers fan so I don't know much about Mike Campbell, but obviously he's had his own very illustrious career, as has Neil Finn - whose career I started following in the 1980s. He's a 'legend' in his own right in Oceania as a singer/songwriter, with a notable catalogue. He brings with him a long list of his own credentials.

Feeling very torn atm because I respect both Lindsey and Neil as musicians and music creators, in their own right. It feels wrong to me to pit them against each other, or try to judge between them because they're both so worthy on their own terms. As was Peter Green. I can't even go there.

Just a shame that there's bad feeling over this, which isn't very auspicious for the newcomers. The band are trying to tone it down as being a scheduling conflict, though many of the fans obviously think there's more to it.

I honestly don't think however that Neil Finn would support unfair treatment of another great artist. He believes in his craft, and has had enough success of his own that he doesn't need to do anything for money. Nor does he seem the type who would do something just for fanfare or financial reward.

Not trying to prove any point here! Just my own mixed feelings and emotions about everything atm. Sorry if I'm rambling ... take care everyone.

Last edited by Missy; 05-04-2018 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: wording right...