User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
this year i am determined to get straight A's all yr which i havent been able to do since middle school..my first report card was amazing with 6 A's and 1 B...that b made me a little sad lol but that class is APUSH (ap us history) which is hell for anyone's gpa lol...
APUSH nearly killed me. Seriously.

But yes, as of right now, I have the worst GPA of my entire high school career. With a month to go before my 1st semester of senior year is over. Goodbye, Brown. My dreams of you were lovely while they lasted.

On a sidenote, I'm seeing an awesome band later tonight. If you're into Iron & Wine and other indie folk acts like that, check these guys out.

I love love love love love these guys. SO EXCITED.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
this year i am determined to get straight A's all yr which i havent been able to do since middle school..my first report card was amazing with 6 A's and 1 B...that b made me a little sad lol but that class is APUSH (ap us history) which is hell for anyone's gpa lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
APUSH nearly killed me. Seriously.

Two comments I'd like to make -

I probably didn't take as many AP classes as you guys are; it sounds to me like you're taking several - - - I took AP Bio and AP Social Studies. And they probably were a lot different back then than they are now.
But looking back, I feel that those two courses did more to prepare me for college than any other class that I had ever taken.

I certainly remember the essay questions in AP Social Studies, where I'm just SCRIBBLING as FAST as I can in order to try to answer all the questions before time was up!

Anyway, it was worth it, so hang in there!

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 11-18-2009 at 10:12 PM..
Old 11-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post

I probably didn't take as many AP classes as you guys are; it sounds to me like you're taking several - - - I took AP Bio and AP Social Studies. And they probably were a lot different back then than they are now.
But looking back, I feel that those two courses did more to prepare me for college than any other class that I had ever taken.

I certainly remember the essay questions in AP Social Studies, where I'm just SCRIBBLING as FAST as I can in order to try to answer all the questions before time was up!

i have 3 ap classes (ap environmental sci, apush, and lang&comp) this yr and one pre ap (chemistry)..

i definately remember scribbling answers down for my first ap exam for ap human geo... and one question they ask was about the 3 major religions in american and i but Christian Catholic and Mormon what i was thinking about when i said mormon..i have no idea lol but afterward i realized how stupid that was lol..but i got a 3 on the exam
Old 11-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am so effing tired. I just got home from basketball practice. I did the math and, overall, we ran 15 'suicides' and a Deep 42. It was horrible. And I'm sooooo out of shape it's not even funny. I also really need a shower, but I don't think I can make it up the stairs. I'll stay up just long enough to watch one episode of the Nanny. Because that is what I live for.

JTIS.

hgdgtrhyu7oieded3

^^^That was totally my head hitting the keyboard. I'm not even kidding.

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just made myself a NyQuil on the rocks.

Hahaha.

I don't think I'll be up too much longer... good night, world!
Old 11-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post

Hahaha.

Hahaha Alexa! I've never tried NyQuil. I hope you feel better!

Rhiya- Girl, slow down! I feel tired for you. The good grades and sports? I'm impressed. I could never do both with any success.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see 'New Moon' at the midnight premier and I'm out of my mind excited! I saw the 'Twilight' Midnight premier last year and since then everyone seems to love Twilight, so I imagine it'll be bananas at the movie theater. I got my tickets a week and a half ago, matter of fact. JTIS.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hahaha.

NyQuil is amazing for knocking my out! Makes me sleep SOOO well too...lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 11-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

lol...so I'm not the only one who indulges in a nighttime Nyquil cocktail I have to. I'm naturally predisposed to stay up all night. If I want to be able to get up in the mornings, I have to have something to help me get to sleep.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
lol...so I'm not the only one who indulges in a nighttime Nyquil cocktail I have to. I'm naturally predisposed to stay up all night. If I want to be able to get up in the mornings, I have to have something to help me get to sleep.
Weird-- I think I'm totally immune to NyQuil. When I was sick all last week, I was taking multiple doses and I STILL couldn't fall asleep until at least 2AM every night. My body's internal time clock is so so so screwed up...
Old 11-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post

I always thought it was best not to take more than 2 AP classes at a time. I was never strong in math so I took regular math classes in high school. I was better at science but the math component, especially in chemistry, dragged me down to the regular classes as well. I excelled in history and english, so I always took those as AP. It's funny how some of you were talking about how hard you thought AP US history is/was. I kicked some major ass in that class. I was earning better grades than our eventual valedictorian, it was sweet! My favorite AP class was European History. So much work, but I loved it (of course I now have a masters degree in history, so I'm just a little biased). I got a 5 on that exam, and knew it the minute I walked out. The teacher told us at the beginning of the year we would be sleeping with Kagan (writer of our textbook), and we all had a good laugh, until it turned out to be true! I think I spent the entire week before the exam mumbling about the Peace of Westphalia!
Old 11-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
Hahaha Alexa! I've never tried NyQuil. I hope you feel better!

Rhiya- Girl, slow down! I feel tired for you. The good grades and sports? I'm impressed. I could never do both with any success.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see 'New Moon' at the midnight premier and I'm out of my mind excited! I saw the 'Twilight' Midnight premier last year and since then everyone seems to love Twilight, so I imagine it'll be bananas at the movie theater. I got my tickets a week and a half ago, matter of fact. JTIS.
Thanks girl! I'm feeling better this morning.

Ohemgee... lemme know how New Moon is!! Unfortunately my BFF (who goes to a different university) and I promised each other that we would wait to see it for the first time together! I'll be seeing her on Wednesday when we're both back home for Thanksgiving so I have to wait til then. Boo.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Our last day of classes before Thanksgiving break is on Tuesday.
I have an 8am and a 3:30pm class on Tuesdays.

My 3:30pm prof (accounting) cancelled our class on Tuesday! Yeah buddy.

However, since home is a nine hour drive for me, I have to fly and was already locked into a flight-- Wednesday at 11am. But my dad was able to get me one for Tuesday at 10:30am.

I'm basically done with school until I start studying for finals, so I'm really looking forward to a few days' rest!

JTIS
Old 11-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks girl! I'm feeling better this morning.

Ohemgee... lemme know how New Moon is!! Unfortunately my BFF (who goes to a different university) and I promised each other that we would wait to see it for the first time together! I'll be seeing her on Wednesday when we're both back home for Thanksgiving so I have to wait til then. Boo.
I traded sickness with you Alexa. I feel pretty awful. BUT I'm rally excited for New Moon. I'm sure it'll be fantstic
Old 11-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Alexa- New Moon was incredible. Really fantastic. They ended with a cliffhanger. The audience squealed and laughed and awed throughout the whole thing. It was a lot of fun to be around Twilight maniacs like muah! Tell me what you think after you see it!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So my best friend Ashley and her sister Sarah and her friend Kiara are going to see New Moon tonight. SO EXCITED!

JTIS

~Love, Caitlin~