User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I cant believe you guys STILL don't get it.
When Mick says "WE" insert "Stevie"
Mick was not going to lose 10 million dollars if Stevie walked

How is any of this news or different than what was said before?
that IS the news - that even after Lindsey's heart attack Mick's interviews are NOT any different than the whole last year. after seeing how all they did to him affected Lindsey, or just even after someone who was a friend, family and co-worker for the last 40+ years almost died, we were all hoping that will stop Mick from spitting on Lindsey and from trying to make him barely relevant in FM history. it didn't. so that's news. Mick is even lower piece of dirt than we though he was. there are no excuses for him anymore.

here, from few years ago - he just happily goes bankrupt and screws freinds and family in order to get bailed out. but you can screw people over some, or way more than you need to. Mick is going way over the top.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...cNWuLAJC1xdwbs

Mick Fleetwood likens himself to Donald Trump: 'I have lost track of the number of times I have gone bankrupt'
The Fleetwood Mac co-founder said he 'carried on like nothing had happened'

Daisy Wyatt @daisy_wyatt
Sunday 26 October 2014 15:58

Mick Fleetwood said he has ‘lost count’ of how many times he has been made bankrupt.

The Fleetwood Mac co-founder first went bankrupt in 1984, but said he can’t remember how many times he has been declared bankrupt since.

The drummer told The Sunday Telegraph's Seven magazine: “I'm like Donald Trump. I think he's been bankrupt about seven times.

“You pay off what debts you can. You do what you are told by your accountant. I really didn't have much to do with it. I carried on like nothing had happened.”

He said that has been blessed with “cartloads of money” in his time and recalled going to Ghana wearing a huge rolex watch when he first went bankrupt in 1984.

“If you are going to be without money, you may as well be in Africa where nobody has any money. I got there, got blind drunk, I had this big old Rolex on and it was a childish thing but I thought this represents all the excess and I’m done with it. I got a beer bottle and smashed it,” he recalls in his new book Play On: Now, Then And Fleetwood Mac.

Fleetwood, who did not write any of the band’s songs and made the least money, added: “The past is a huge chunk of my life. I get [told] all the time, 'You don't have to be doing what you're doing'.

“Proportionately if you went down the pecking order of the band, I'd be last on the list, [but] people ask, 'Would you fancy putting another 20 million in your bank?' And you go, 'Oh yes, that's pretty good.”

We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view.

At The Independent, no one tells us what to write. That’s why, in an era of political lies and Brexit bias, more readers are turning to an independent source. Subscribe from just 15p a day for extra exclusives, events and ebooks – all with no ads.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-08-2019, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I cant believe you guys STILL don't get it.
When Mick says "WE" insert "Stevie"
Mick was not going to lose 10 million dollars if Stevie walked

How is any of this news or different than what was said before?
We get it. It's not that we don't. The fact that we're still talking about it doesn't mean that we don't get it.

Stevie wanted Lindsey out and he obliged because we're talking about Stevie. Period. End of the story.

Still, that doesn't mean that we can't talk about it as much as we like, right?

I wish they stop asking Mick about Lindsey, so he can stop repeating the same garbage over and over again.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe the interviewer should have asked why weren't you happy Mick? What actually caused the sudden dismissal of one of the most integral members of your band? This has got to be one of the most anti-climactic fizzles in rock and roll history. What a stupid ending to one of the most intriguing stories in rock. This band SUCKS! MAJOR LETDOWN!
Old 03-08-2019, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Amen to Stevie and Mick and the rest of the band. Lindsey's gone. The real witch is dead.
When you think about it, the band's decision to oust Lindsey demonstrated foresight and excellent business acumen since the old bugger can no longer sing (after the 'heart attack'). If he'd still been in the band, his illness/surgery would have interrupted their plans and put the latest leg of the tour in jeopardy. What a relief.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
When you think about it, the band's decision to oust Lindsey demonstrated foresight and excellent business acumen since the old bugger can no longer sing (after the 'heart attack'). If he'd still been in the band, his illness/surgery would have interrupted their plans and put the latest leg of the tour in jeopardy. What a relief.
if he'd still been in the band he would have not had a heart attack, because he wouldn't have had to live through the year of stress plus his band family spitting on him constantly. no heart attack - what a relief that would have been!

when you actually do think about it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-08-2019, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Maybe the interviewer should have asked why weren't you happy Mick?
lol right? seems like a very natural follow up question.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well of course Stevie precipitated Lindsey's heart attack, along with his wife-beating tendencies, ill temper and general pain-in-the-arse pretentiousness but she still could have elicited the same result if he'd remained with the band. At least I hope she could have...
Old 03-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Amen to Stevie and Mick and the rest of the band. Lindsey's gone. The real witch is dead.
Real witches never die. They kill everything around them but they never die. That’s why she killed four of her children, her best friend and almost killed her favorite enemy.

And goat isn’t exactly Maria Callas. Hence the goat nickname.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-08-2019, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well Stevie may have killed Robyn and attempted murdering Lindsey but she didn't kill four babies, she ABORTED them. They were never alive - they were only parasites at the time she TERMINATED them. Get over it.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well Stevie may have killed Robyn and attempted murdering Lindsey but she didn't kill four babies, she ABORTED them. They were never alive - they were only parasites at the time she TERMINATED them. Get over it.
I was talking about Tom, not Robin. Goat certainly loves everyone around them.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Maybe the interviewer should have asked why weren't you happy Mick? What actually caused the sudden dismissal of one of the most integral members of your band? This has got to be one of the most anti-climactic fizzles in rock and roll history. What a stupid ending to one of the most intriguing stories in rock. This band SUCKS! MAJOR LETDOWN!
In music, the artists and the press have an incestuous relationship. It's not a "speak truth to power" dynamic.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yes, you're quite right, she dealt with Tom as well. I wonder who'll be next? You gotta hand it to her, she's effective (except she didn't finish Lindsey off properly, at least not yet).
Old 03-09-2019, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
In music, the artists and the press have an incestuous relationship. It's not a "speak truth to power" dynamic.
Come again?
Old 03-09-2019, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're a ****ing piece of work. Absolutely heartless.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

...but you're not - you've consistently demonstrated sensitivity, warmth, understanding and most of all, ongoing originality. The Ledge just wouldn't be the same without your witticisms and insight...