Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Game of Pretend

I just listened to this fantastic album again on full volume on my sterio really enjoying all the songs. When I listened to Game of Pretend I realized how much Stevie's vocals would have added so much to this track.It would have been right up their with all their other classic three part harmonies. "Oh well"
Old 06-16-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I just listened to this fantastic album again on full volume on my sterio really enjoying all the songs. When I listened to Game of Pretend I realized how much Stevie's vocals would have added so much to this track.It would have been right up their with all their other classic three part harmonies. "Oh well"
When you just listen to this album and let it play, the album really comes to life. I'm really enjoying it.

I love how they recreate her voice in some tunes. Carnival Begin, I can hear that blend that sounds like Nicks.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
When I listened to Game of Pretend I realized how much Stevie's vocals would have added so much to this track.It would have been right up their with all their other classic three part harmonies.
It's really too bad that she wanted no part of the project. What the hell was she thinking?
Old 06-17-2017, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That she can't write anymore except old songs form the vault, or with help. What she should have realized is Lindsey would have helped and he was into helping her songs. Even his writing was all to please her. No weird Buckingham songs on this album. She blew it!
Old 06-17-2017, 03:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
That she can't write anymore except old songs form the vault, or with help. What she should have realized is Lindsey would have helped and he was into helping her songs. Even his writing was all to please her. No weird Buckingham songs on this album. She blew it!
I agree, the main reason she is not on this album is....she cannot write anymore.
Shame but that's how it is....she should have enlisted Lindsey and then used other writers.
It is such a pity she's not on this album.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I agree, the main reason she is not on this album is....she cannot write anymore.
Shame but that's how it is....she should have enlisted Lindsey and then used other writers.
It is such a pity she's not on this album.
I can hear her in some of the songs. Isn't that weird?
Old 06-17-2017, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I can hear her in some of the songs. Isn't that weird?
Awww, you miss her!

I don't hear her but I can hear her tambourine, which is not that weird! Maybe she stopped by Lindsey's house and added some tambourine movements.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I don't think her voice would good on Game of Pretend. Its Christine's ballad that should really only feature her.
Her voice would be wonderful added to Red Sun chorus, Sleeping Around the Corner, and Too Far Gone.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't think her voice would good on Game of Pretend. Its Christine's ballad that should really only feature her.
Her voice would be wonderful added to Red Sun chorus, Sleeping Around the Corner, and Too Far Gone.
I agree her addition to other tracks would've been fantastic also. I think that Stevie's lower voice would have given GOP even more Mac magic.

Last edited by BLY; 06-17-2017 at 07:33 AM..
Old 06-17-2017, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Awww, you miss her!

I don't hear her but I can hear her tambourine, which is not that weird! Maybe she stopped by Lindsey's house and added some tambourine movements.
I wouldn't miss her if she'd hold still. (dated gun joke, and you can't make those anymore).

She stopped by Lindsey's house, and made another kind of movement.

This Fleetwood Mac album is so poppy, she really missed the boat on this!
Old 06-17-2017, 09:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

'Game Of Pretend' is like 'Songbird' meets 'Farmers Daughter'. Absolutely love it!
Old 06-17-2017, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
On this entire album the only place I miss Stevie's voice is on Game Of Pretend.
I could actually picture the entire band doing this beautifully in concert with the right mix, Stevie's gruff style would add.
....but to me that is so minor on an album filled with great songs it doesn't matter.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie could have added her vocals to any song on the record except for Game of Pretend. To me it's another Songbird like track. Best left with only unadulterated Christine vocals and a simple gorgeous piano. It's become one of my favorite songs from this collection.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I wouldn't miss her if she'd hold still. (dated gun joke, and you can't make those anymore).

She stopped by Lindsey's house, and made another kind of movement.

This Fleetwood Mac album is so poppy, she really missed the boat on this!
OMG, how dare you! Kristen was probably there...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 06-17-2017 at 01:26 PM..
Old 06-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Game of Pretend has really grown on me. It was one of my least favorites when I first got the album. But now I really love this song.