2004/ Boston:

Solo/ 2008/ Chicago:

Solo/ 2013/ Dave Grohl/ Sound City Players:

Or other not listed?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wembley 2009 -

........ including guitar humping

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2013, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is an odd one, because Stevie has been seriously ripping up Gold Dust Woman of late.

I love the musical arrangement on the Bella Donna tour version. The more fast paced drums on the chorus are brilliant and I love the way it all builds up.

Her vocals on and passion on the recent Sound City versions have been INCREDIBLE. Same with soundstage, and I love the whole "baby, you should see me now" improv.

However, I think for obvious reasons, I have to go with the Bob Welch and friends performance.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
This is an odd one, because Stevie has been seriously ripping up Gold Dust Woman of late.

I love the musical arrangement on the Bella Donna tour version. The more fast paced drums on the chorus are brilliant and I love the way it all builds up.

Her vocals on and passion on the recent Sound City versions have been INCREDIBLE. Same with soundstage, and I love the whole "baby, you should see me now" improv.

However, I think for obvious reasons, I have to go with the Bob Welch and friends performance.
See, I disagree, if this was Not a compliment.
GDW is one of the few songs that gets better over the years, regardless of whom she sings it with.

Bob Welch-great show, TITN-a new version, The Dance-it gets better, yet, Soundstage-almost flawless, 2009-WOW, Sound City-almost perfection.

Hell, even the 1994 version with Bekka and the Mac is Really good. This all makes me rethink that GDW is one of the best, versatile songs Stevie has ever written. A song that can be played some 35+ years later, and still sound fresh and relevant, regardless of who the singer and players are. That is a high mark of a great composer.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
See, I disagree, if this was Not a compliment.
I meant it as a good thing
Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Gold Dust Woman" is a fantastic live song. (It's been better than "Rhiannon" live for years.) The '77 Japan version is great- I love Stevie's performance here (really sexy) - and that hair!!! The Welch one is wonderful too. And of course, The Dance version...she was like the hippie chick from yesteryear here. Back when I had the Dance on VHS(!), I used to rewind her wail over and over. And I love "shaaadow, she's a draagon!"

And recently, she's been killing it with the Sound City players....the most energized we've seen in a long time.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
makes me rethink that GDW is one of the best, versatile songs Stevie has ever written. A song that can be played some 35+ years later, and still sound fresh and relevant, regardless of who the singer and players are.
GDW is BY FAR my favorite SN song and i think it's also hands down her best FM song all together... it is also one of the rare SN songs that i love. i hope i get to hear it live.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the Japan video, she looks out of it and yet still completely stunning, and the random footage of Japan add to creepy vibe of the song.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
And recently, she's been killing it with the Sound City players....the most energized we've seen in a long time.
I totally agree! Have you seen the Hammerstein Ballroom performance? IMO it was the best yet. I took some of the Youtube audience recordings and made a multi-cam video of GDW...hope you guys like it.

Tim

Old 02-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tim that video is fantastic, thank you! Definitely the best version of the shows this year, and one of the best ever for sure---such a great band!!!!

I guess I am most loyal to The Dance version- that UNREAL possessed yell- wild Stevie was back! Me and my mom always said what a mistake it was that it wasn't put on the CD.

I also love the 81 version- that beautiful blue shawl, the way she twirls in, great vocal, and of course she looks absolutely beautiful.

Soundstage is technically pretty perfect, but I find the versions this year more raw and edgy.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One with Bob Welch is always going to be my favourite, those wails!

I always like to think of the amazing 1997 one as a reaction to Bekka singing it (I like that version too) sorta Stevie's way of reminding everyone who's song it is.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Japan '77
Bob Welch
The Second One
oh hell... they're all good
Old 02-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wembley 2009.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Wembley 2009.
Thank you -I couldn't believe how jazzed up this version was. Not sure whether it was the same during US leg.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite part is how much she belts kingDOMMM UP FOR SAAAAAAAALE. And she still did that at least in rochester early on on the tour. But by England Lindsey's guitar improvisions reached new hights. I'm glad you mentioned this first. People tend to bring up soundstage and very recently the Dave grohl versions for great modern day GDWs but for me the entire unleashed tour was the best so far and wembley just happens to be a great quality late in the tour example.

He Will Burn You Down