User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydimecaper View Post
Cool I'm looking forward to reading about the early days of the band, most things you read focus on the Rumours era. I still haven't read the whole of Storms yet, only read the preview on Google Books, but I keep meaning to borrow it from the library!
CAH's book, while it should be read as a work of fiction, will leave you laughing your head off.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 09-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
CAH's book, while it should be read as a work of fiction, will leave you laughing your head off.
CAH's book, really was the darkest book of them all, in how the members were presented. Actually, her representation of Lindsey, was how I always pictured him.

Ken's book better have something, about Chris making fun of his stupid, f*cking shirt!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
CAH's book, really was the darkest book of them all, in how the members were presented. Actually, her representation of Lindsey, was how I always pictured him.

Ken's book better have something, about Chris making fun of his stupid, f*cking shirt!
TBH, I gotta agree with her about how Bucky maybe was back then (I wouldn't blame him for being the way he was with all that stress). And as for Chris making fun of his stupid, f*cking shirt, she's saving it for when she meets you!

BTW, where was that from?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
TBH, I gotta agree with her about how Bucky maybe was back then (I wouldn't blame him for being the way he was with all that stress). And as for Chris making fun of his stupid, f*cking shirt, she's saving it for when she meets you!

BTW, where was that from?
I've just always seen him as extremely high strung, and very selfish.

Do you know what I'd give, to have Chris tell me what a stupid f*cking shirt I'm wearing???? Priceless!!!!!

I believe it's from a Ledge Q&A, that Ken did, a while back.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've just always seen him as extremely high strung, and very selfish.

Do you know what I'd give, to have Chris tell me what a stupid f*cking shirt I'm wearing???? Priceless!!!!!

I believe it's from a Ledge Q&A, that Ken did, a while back.
Yeah he does seem like that, but the worst when it comes down to being self-centered has to go to Bono (he acts like he's Jesus since Joshua Tree)

I'd do anything just to meet Chris! You and me, next week, we're going to England and seeking her out!

EDIT: BTW, is Bob Brunning's book any good? And what was this story I heard once about Bob Welch being a potential replacement for Lindsey when he left?

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 09-30-2010 at 08:43 PM..
Old 09-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah he does seem like that, but the worst when it comes down to being self-centered has to go to Bono (he acts like he's Jesus since Joshua Tree)

I'd do anything just to meet Chris! You and me, next week, we're going to England and seeking her out!

EDIT: BTW, is Bob Brunning's book any good? And what was this story I heard once about Bob Welch being a potential replacement for Lindsey when he left?
Can't stands me some Bono. I'd like to punch those stupid f*cking glasses he wears, into his eye sockets! "Hey Bono, everyone makes fun of those stupid f*cking glasses, why don't you LOSE them?"

Giddyup! A Chris stalking, we will go! Maybe she'll throw a glass of wine in our faces!!! Oh the joy!!!!!

I've never heard the Bob Welch rumor, but COME ON, wouldn't it make perfect sense NOW, to add him as the 2nd guitarist? He could add 3-4 songs to their set, and really give them a boost. He could do Sentimental Lady, Hypnotized, Emerald Eyes, and Green Manalishi! Maybe Rattlesnake Shake!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can't stands me some Bono. I'd like to punch those stupid f*cking glasses he wears, into his eye sockets! "Hey Bono, everyone makes fun of those stupid f*cking glasses, why don't you LOSE them?"

Giddyup! A Chris stalking, we will go! Maybe she'll throw a glass of wine in our faces!!! Oh the joy!!!!!

I've never heard the Bob Welch rumor, but COME ON, wouldn't it make perfect sense NOW, to add him as the 2nd guitarist? He could add 3-4 songs to their set, and really give them a boost. He could do Sentimental Lady, Hypnotized, Emerald Eyes, and Green Manalishi! Maybe Rattlesnake Shake!
If Chris doesn't chuck wine in our faces, she'll probably write a nasty, sarcastic song about us and it'll appear on this new album i just heard about.

Ever since I heard Mystery to Me (and fell in love with it, I need to pester someone for Heroes are Hard to Find and Bare Trees), I cam to think that Bob Welch is awesome, and hearing some old songs and maybe even a guitar duel between him and Lindsey would be awesome.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard people say that before.. is it really so bad it can't be taken seriously?

Quote:
Ever since I heard Mystery to Me (and fell in love with it, I need to pester someone for Heroes are Hard to Find and Bare Trees), I cam to think that Bob Welch is awesome, and hearing some old songs and maybe even a guitar duel between him and Lindsey would be awesome.
1000 times yes!! They should get Bob back in there, that would be awesome. I love the Bob Welch albums, Mystery to Me is one of my favourite Mac albums.. Heroes are Hard to Find is similar but not quite as good though. I like Bare Trees too, but it's a lot more mellow.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydimecaper View Post
Yeah, I've heard people say that before.. is it really so bad it can't be taken seriously?

1000 times yes!! They should get Bob back in there, that would be awesome. I love the Bob Welch albums, Mystery to Me is one of my favourite Mac albums.. Heroes are Hard to Find is similar but not quite as good though. I like Bare Trees too, but it's a lot more mellow.
In regard to CAH's book, she makes a few huge errors (she messes up the year Lindsey had his seizure and her description of the AMAs doesn't match up to what the footage shows ), and some of her descriptions seemed a bit fishy to me (a few times, she never explained why certain things happened and, being a book nerd, that bugged me quite a bit), but other than that, like i said, you'll be rolling.

Bob back there would be awesome, and imagine how much the course of history would've changed if he really had ended up replacing Bucky.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
In regard to CAH's book, she makes a few huge errors (she messes up the year Lindsey had his seizure and her description of the AMAs doesn't match up to what the footage shows ), and some of her descriptions seemed a bit fishy to me (a few times, she never explained why certain things happened and, being a book nerd, that bugged me quite a bit), but other than that, like i said, you'll be rolling.

Bob back there would be awesome, and imagine how much the course of history would've changed if he really had ended up replacing Bucky.
I read one page of CAH's book before it became my designated "Spider Destroyer". Lindsey came off far too badly for my liking, even when it was obvious how much he was actually going through (okay. Alot was his own doing but once the addiction takes hold there isn't much you can do). I like to think he's recovered from that part of his life and learned valuable lessons from it. And I certainly believe that his children have grounded him considerably, as well as being in a stable, fulfilling relationship with somebody who wasn't either jealous of him (oh please Carol. It's obvious...) or competing with him on a musical level.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I read one page of CAH's book before it became my designated "Spider Destroyer". Lindsey came off far too badly for my liking, even when it was obvious how much he was actually going through (okay. Alot was his own doing but once the addiction takes hold there isn't much you can do). I like to think he's recovered from that part of his life and learned valuable lessons from it. And I certainly believe that his children have grounded him considerably, as well as being in a stable, fulfilling relationship with somebody who wasn't either jealous of him (oh please Carol. It's obvious...) or competing with him on a musical level.
Wait, was he really addicted to coke or an alchoholic, cause I never heard anything about it, except he was a druggie. When was he clean by? OOTC?

Oh yeah, and I gotta love how the Mac got back at CAH: by by putting Storms (the title of her book) in the Unleashed setlist

Old 10-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Chris doesn't chuck wine in our faces, she'll probably write a nasty, sarcastic song about us and it'll appear on this new album i just heard about.

"Homie, don't you ever stalk me again!"(chucks wine in my face) "And that's a stupid f*cking shirt you're wearing!"

I wonder if they ever even considered the Bob possibility? My GUESS is that S&L don't want to share the spotlight, even though I think FM as a whole, would greatly benefit from the added 3rd flavor. Even Bob, in a diminished role(comparatively), would bring a freshness to the show. Four songs for him, spread throughout the show, would make me so much more interested in seeing them now...
Old 10-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
"Homie, don't you ever stalk me again!"(chucks wine in my face) "And that's a stupid f*cking shirt you're wearing!"

I wonder if they ever even considered the Bob possibility? My GUESS is that S&L don't want to share the spotlight, even though I think FM as a whole, would greatly benefit from the added 3rd flavor. Even Bob, in a diminished role(comparatively), would bring a freshness to the show. Four songs for him, spread throughout the show, would make me so much more interested in seeing them now...
Kind of "water under the bridge"....the best scenario would've been that Bob never left when they added Lindsey & Stevie. But, then, Fleetwood Mac hasn't had the best success with FOUR writers/singers. (BTM, Time)

Although, a good example of Bob & Lindsey together is Bob's French Kiss version of "Sentimental Lady". We already know how Bob & Stevie would've sounded together ("Ebony Eyes" live & "Devil Wind" from Three Hearts)
Old 10-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Kind of "water under the bridge"....the best scenario would've been that Bob never left when they added Lindsey & Stevie. But, then, Fleetwood Mac hasn't had the best success with FOUR writers/singers. (BTM, Time)

Although, a good example of Bob & Lindsey together is Bob's French Kiss version of "Sentimental Lady". We already know how Bob & Stevie would've sounded together ("Ebony Eyes" live & "Devil Wind" from Three Hearts)
Yeah you're right. But still, it would've been seriously awesome if he replaced Lindsey following Tango in the Night.