The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Any "Crazy" moments at a Mac shows this past year?

So anything "CRAZY" happen to you while you were at a mac concert? Sittin behind idiots, people yelling tings that you were thinking WTF? Ya know stuff like that.
Heres mine, I went to the Mac show in OKC last year 7/1/03 and during Stand Back this girl was spining round and round and she was yelling and screaming, and then she got so happy that she threw here full cup of BEER on me and some other people I hope she spent like $10 on that beer, I really wasent mad I thought It was kinda funny actually! Nothing could of ruind my time! So whats your story?
Old 07-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well, not so much "crazy" but funny....

At the Hershey show a few weeks ago, I had three thirty-something men behind me (which is fine, my age group, etc...). But, they CONSTANTLY talked about their cars and changing the spark plugs during Stevie's "Beautiful Child."

Then, a conversation that went something like this:

GUY #1: Oh, man I gotta piss.
GUY #2: Well go then.
GUY #1: Oh, man, I can't. "I'm So Afraid" is coming up and it's their greatest ****ing song ever.

[a few seconds pass...Stevie is singing about not being a child anymore...]

GUY #1: Oh, MAN...I gotta piss.
GUY #3: Well, piss in your cup if you have to go that bad.

No, sorry buddy....DON'T DO THAT...especially with me standing right in front of you!!!

Nevermind the two middle-aged women, drunk out of their minds, swirling and laughing. One of them says she has to puke.

Leave it to me to find myself in the middle of spewing bodily wastes!!
Old 07-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just received my incredible bootleg DVD of the Irvine show (literally the best bootleg ive ever seen) ...as well as the Chula Vista show and I loved seeing the man get on the stage at the Chula Vista show, put his arms around Stevie and Lindsey and then being tackled off the stage, and almost knocking Lindsey over lol

Chris
Old 07-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Most of this is in my review of last night's show...but I'll post it anyway.

As I'm sitting there waiting for the show to start a woman behind me is talking to her husband and says "They're new album is called The Dance"

But the biggest idiot last night was one very drunk and high man probably in his late 40s or 50s. I could smell his marijuana. Before the concert started - and it started 15 minutes late - he was yelling "Let's go! Let them trip, I got here on time!" He also said that "the whole band is f*cking crazy". After The Chain he yelled "Where's Christine!?" The worst part was after Red Rover when he said "Let's get back to what we paid for!!" I think during World Turning he said "I'm gonna need a smoke" and then at the beginning of Don't Stop and I a big wiff of it. Good thing I was enjoying myself and singing along between gags.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up LMAO!! That is greatness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlene
Then, a conversation that went something like this:

GUY #1: Oh, man I gotta piss.
GUY #2: Well go then.
GUY #1: Oh, man, I can't. "I'm So Afraid" is coming up and it's their greatest ****ing song ever.
That is greatness, right there!!! Guy #1 is a smart man!! LOL

Well, at the Texas shows, Brian (estranged4life) and I were "molested" by women. LOL The drunk lady next to me in Houston needed to be shot with a tranquilizer gun because OMG, was she the most annoying person I've ever seen in my LIFE!!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Way too many...

"Crazy" moments happened during the 3 shows I attended:

July 1,2003 OKC-
Nearly dying of heat stroke because the humidity was unbaribly high.

Sitting next to 2 big muscle bound jock types who acted bad assed and tough until "Landslide" started, Then one of the two started to flap his wrists up-and-down in an effiminate fashion and screamed "Oh...My...God...Landslide...WEEEEEEE!!!" Livia (Who was a few rows in front of me) was looking back at me when these guys started this and all I could do was shrug my shoulders.

And finally that crazy Dutchman Gerald (shackin' up)...Livia & myself kept looking in Gerald's direction to watch his reacton to seeing his idol Linds' on stage.

July 3,2003 Dallas-
First visit to the HRC (Hard Rock Cafe) in Dallas and I felt paranoid when I noticed "some" people at the bar were staring at my "Rumours" T-Shirt...Turns out to be Christy (Wondergirl), Seteca (Yo buddy) & company.

Made a great impression on Christy by taking a "frat fall" on the steps of the stairway at the HRC while going to check out the upstairs area (And not a single FM related item was found in the HRC...BS on that!!!)

Getting food poisoning from the HRC...Nothing like going to a concert sick as hell, Especially a sick person trying to win "front row" tickets thru a radio station contest he was more or less "volunteered" for

Moral to story, AVOID the HRC in Dallas!!!!

June 16th 2004-
Finding out that parking was $12...They must be CRAZY for that amount!

As previously mentioned by Christy, Having a drunken female fan use me for her "personal entertainment & boy-toy", But at least she was an attractive drunken female

Coolest moment I remember was an African-American couple about 3 rows behind me who were singing along to all the songs being played, Including the SYW songs...Hella cool

Brian "Ledgies are too short" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 07-08-2004 at 06:57 PM..
Old 07-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Liddy stared and at me during the guitar solo during 'Come' in Cleveland this year. Odd...yes Crazy...definately. I hope I don't look like a women under concert lighting. I was uncomfortable to say the least.

I'm usually the crazy fan...so no crazy fan stories

-Curtis
Old 07-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hmmm..I'd have to say the funniest moment I experienced was at the very first Mac concert I attended at St. Paul in June of 2003. There was a couple (late 20s or early 30s) next to us who were getting pretty loaded off of beer, and it was fun to watch 'cause the wife was very small and petite and it didn't take her much to get drunk. I entertained them with my vast FM knowledge before the show...During "I'm So Afraid," the wife leaned over to me and asked, "what album is this song from?" I said, "the white FM album." She looked very confused, and the rest of the conversation went like this:

Wife: What? Rumours?
Me: No, the album before Rumours. It's called Fleetwood Mac, it came out in 1975.
Wife: What? Bare Trees?
Me: No! I said the white album, it has Landslide on it!
Wife: What? Rumours? I love that album! (for some unknown reason, she then attempts to climb over the chair infront of her and gets tangled up in it...security has to come over and *assist* her)

Needless to say, it was a blast watching her and her husband (plus security) trying to get her untangled from the chair! She didn't seem to know much about the band other than Rumours, so I have no idea where she pulled Bare Trees from...
Old 07-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Too many to count. I have met SO many great people rom here.

The craziest was when the idiot security guard at the last Atlanta concert kicked me off of the front row while I was at Stevie's feet and touching the stage during Rhiannon even though it was okay for me to be there. There is NO WAY she could not have seen it as I am VERY tall. Stevie immediately thereafter told her Security people to tell the arena people NOT to stop people from coming to the stage and that they were ruining the show for everyone. Far fetched I know, but I think she totally saw the sec. guy being a complete ASS to me and put a stop to it. SIIGGGHHHSSSSSSSSSSS SSSWWOOOOOOOONNNSSSSSSSS

Buying the the boys in the band and the backup players a cocktail and speaking to LB in the bar in Atlanta for a little while in Atlanta was about the coolest.

There are others, but those were cool.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessblair
Hmmm..I'd have to say the funniest moment I experienced was at the very first Mac concert I attended at St. Paul in June of 2003. There was a couple (late 20s or early 30s) next to us who were getting pretty loaded off of beer, and it was fun to watch 'cause the wife was very small and petite and it didn't take her much to get drunk. I entertained them with my vast FM knowledge before the show...During "I'm So Afraid," the wife leaned over to me and asked, "what album is this song from?" I said, "the white FM album." She looked very confused, and the rest of the conversation went like this:

Wife: What? Rumours?
Me: No, the album before Rumours. It's called Fleetwood Mac, it came out in 1975.
Wife: What? Bare Trees?
Me: No! I said the white album, it has Landslide on it!
Wife: What? Rumours? I love that album! (for some unknown reason, she then attempts to climb over the chair infront of her and gets tangled up in it...security has to come over and *assist* her)

Needless to say, it was a blast watching her and her husband (plus security) trying to get her untangled from the chair! She didn't seem to know much about the band other than Rumours, so I have no idea where she pulled Bare Trees from...
LMFAO
Old 07-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I hope I don't look like a women under concert lighting.
-Curtis
ROTFLMAO!!! I hope I don't either...

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 07-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ROTFLMAO!!! I hope I don't either...

The lights gave me Liddy love, so I can't complain....

-Curtis
Old 07-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Craziest moment for me was when one of Lindsey's Turner model 1 guitars went airbourne in London after I'm So Afraid.. 12-15 feet through the air landing on it's top, bouncing (shedding weight as it went) and gracefully sliding to a rest near a rather speechless Ray Lindsey..... It just happened to be the best version of the song on this tour in my opinion too! Awesome version..
Old 07-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
"Crazy" moments happened during the 3 shows I attended:

July 1,2003 OKC-
And finally that crazy Dutchman Gerald (shackin' up)...Livia & myself kept looking in Gerald's direction to watch his reacton to seeing his idol Linds' on stage.
Oh humble me IS actually one of The Craziest Moments of the last Mac-year...

gerald "at your service, Brian J. " van koert

Old 07-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

May 2003, in Washington DC. I had TERRIBLE seats, way up in nosebleed. There was a family (?) of drunken redneck types. Aside from the usual 'get up and go get another beer and kick everyone's seat while doing so' sequences, it wasn't anything TOO bad. But after "Big Love", Lindsey got a standing ovation and he screamed out "GET STEYYYVIE BACK UP DER!" And after Never Going Back Again he screamed out something like "Aw SHYEEAH I ain't never not backing up again!" And proceeded to spill beer on me. AND proceeded to laugh about it, until his wife apologized for him. This is why I cannot wait to be on the floor next time around :-)

Next show in DC had me down in better seats next to a couple of nice folks. I went alone (I'm 24 and can't find anyone else to get tickets with me, it kinda sucks) and was striking up conversation with this nice woman. I said "Man I just can't wait to hear 'tusk'" and she kinda flinched. "Wow, that's an obscure one--you must be a real diehard!" And I just smiled. I figured if you're shelling over $100 for seats you'd know a little bit about the band, but she looked like she got her money's worth ;-)

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...