The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HEE. I have Free Love Freeway on my iPod, along with Paris Night, lol. I put it on every playlist I ever make (along with a few Arrested Development clips like "Hey hermano" and "selfish country music loving lady") because I like having it pop up randomly every once in awhile.

Lost Highway was my high school soundtrack, too - I even had the Perfect Drug maxi remix single with 972 different versions of the song. /nerd
Old 04-30-2010, 02:05 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
HEE. I have Free Love Freeway on my iPod, along with Paris Night, lol. I put it on every playlist I ever make (along with a few Arrested Development clips like "Hey hermano" and "selfish country music loving lady") because I like having it pop up randomly every once in awhile.

Lost Highway was my high school soundtrack, too - I even had the Perfect Drug maxi remix single with 972 different versions of the song. /nerd
LOL. The Paris Night scene cracks me up. "You're right. It fits perfectly. Thank you." Link to scene for anyone that hasn't seen it. The UK Office is one of the greatest TV shows of all time, next to Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

No need to close the nerd tag, though, on account of this is me you're talking to. Not only did I have the Perfect Drug maxi of which you speak, but I also had every. single. Halo. ever. released. I was ridickerous over NIN back in the day. Still a major fan, though Trent pretty much lost me after The Fragile. I've always maintained that his remix albums were generally better than the original albums, though, which is why I was so rabid about collecting.

Speaking of NIN, here is an interesting live Bowie/Reznor performance of "Hurt" in '95.

And here is Bowie & Reznor's video for "I'm Afraid of Americans." I've always loved that video. Bowie's all like, "OMG. IMAAAAAAN! HALP. SOME DUDE WITH A HITLER 'STACHE WHAT HAS APPARENTLY MIGRATED SOUTH FOR THE WINTER IS CHASING ME."

And that reminds me of this bloody awesome performance of NIN's "Reptile," with Peter Murphy (PBUH), Jeordie White (aka Twiggy Ramirez, formerly of Marilyn Manson, A Perfect Circle, and the NIN live band), and Atticus Ross:

And Peter Murphy (PBUH) & Reznor doing "Bela Lugosi's Dead":

My goff is showing again, isn't it? Whoops.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 04-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post

And Peter Murphy (PBUH) & Reznor doing "Bela Lugosi's Dead":

My goff is showing again, isn't it? Whoops.
This was incredible. I mean, I'm a little biased because I think anything that lets me sit around and have a reason to stare at Trent Reznor is, but still.

For something completely different, Bruce Springsteen and Melissa Etheridge do "Thunder Road."

You're so like me
Old 04-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Zombie, I am with you an Trent. This is why Marilyn kicked him out of my heart. I can't stand Trent since he is clean, and all of a sudden so much better than Mr. Manson. NIN will always hold a soft spot in my heart, but to me Manson's bunch just completely punches them in the face for staying true all these years.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
This was incredible. I mean, I'm a little biased because I think anything that lets me sit around and have a reason to stare at Trent Reznor is, but still.
Haha, I am not so much partial to his current General UberBuff von ExtremelyWideNeck look, but that may only be because I fell in love with him way back when he was still just Captain Skinny McRatFace. Oh, and this one time? I dated a boy that went to high school with him? And Trent stuffed him in a locker? Hot.

I agree that that video is incredible, though, because he pulls off the vocals incredibly well, and anything Peter Murphy touches/breathes near automatically turns to gold. I heart Peter Murphy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
Zombie, I am with you an Trent. This is why Marilyn kicked him out of my heart. I can't stand Trent since he is clean, and all of a sudden so much better than Mr. Manson. NIN will always hold a soft spot in my heart, but to me Manson's bunch just completely punches them in the face for staying true all these years.
Oh, Trent didn't lose me due to his attitude or being clean or whatever - I don't care if he's clean or not, and he's always been snooty, prone to being pretentious, and fond of saying things he probably shouldn't.

He pretty much lost me after The Fragile just because I find the subsequent albums to be inferior. I still listen to everything up til then regularly, and I do like what he's doing as regards the Internet & his music.

But I do not much enjoy Marilyn Manson's music and never really have - the only MM song I ever actually, truly liked was "The Reflecting God," which was later explained when I discovered that it was actually a Reznor (and Jeordie White) song.

That said, MM is a very well-spoken man, and I do like him in interviews, particularly this one wherein he handles himself with style, grace, and class, therefore completely pwning Bill O'Reilly, Tool Extraordinaire.

I just wish he'd stop forgetting his chin at home. He'd look much better if he'd just remember to bring his chin when he leaves the house.

I mean, what up wit dat, MM? Why you hatin' on your chin so bad? What'd it do to you? I understand if you feel like your chin has let itself go, because, hey, we've all been there, except with me, it was my abs - but what do you really expect when you can't be bothered to even be seen in public with it even once? You could at least take it out for dinner once in a while. Maybe all you need to do to rekindle your relationship is just show it a bit of attention sometimes. I'm just sayin.'

Uhm... /tangent.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 04-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Haha, I am not so much partial to his current General UberBuff von ExtremelyWideNeck look, but that may only be because I fell in love with him way back when he was still just Captain Skinny McRatFace. Oh, and this one time? I dated a boy that went to high school with him? And Trent stuffed him in a locker? Hot.

I agree that that video is incredible, though, because he pulls off the vocals incredibly well, and anything Peter Murphy touches/breathes near automatically turns to gold. I heart Peter Murphy.

Oh, Trent didn't lose me due to his attitude or being clean or whatever - I don't care if he's clean or not, and he's always been snooty, prone to being pretentious, and fond of saying things he probably shouldn't.

He pretty much lost me after The Fragile just because I find the subsequent albums to be inferior. I still listen to everything up til then regularly, and I do like what he's doing as regards the Internet & his music.

But I do not much enjoy Marilyn Manson's music and never really have - the only MM song I ever actually, truly liked was "The Reflecting God," which was later explained when I discovered that it was actually a Reznor (and Jeordie White) song.

That said, MM is a very well-spoken man, and I do like him in interviews, particularly this one wherein he handles himself with style, grace, and class, therefore completely pwning Bill O'Reilly, Tool Extraordinaire.

I just wish he'd stop forgetting his chin at home. He'd look much better if he'd just remember to bring his chin when he leaves the house.

I mean, what up wit dat, MM? Why you hatin' on your chin so bad? What'd it do to you? I understand if you feel like your chin has let itself go, because, hey, we've all been there, except with me, it was my abs - but what do you really expect when you can't be bothered to even be seen in public with it even once? You could at least take it out for dinner once in a while. Maybe all you need to do to rekindle your relationship is just show it a bit of attention sometimes. I'm just sayin.'

Uhm... /tangent.
Ahh, well I guess I misunderstood your first post about Trent then. Usually when people mention The Fragile they follow it up with "Manson is the best"

Still yet, you should check out Manson's newest album, The High End of Low, it's his album since being clean. And he still kicks ass, and writes better lyrics than ever.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:15 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
Ahh, well I guess I misunderstood your first post about Trent then. Usually when people mention The Fragile they follow it up with "Manson is the best"

Still yet, you should check out Manson's newest album, The High End of Low, it's his album since being clean. And he still kicks ass, and writes better lyrics than ever.
Yeah, no, not me. Not sure why anyone would follow up mentioning The Fragile with "Manson is the best," but perhaps you hang around strange rangers or something?

Have heard that album. MM isn't terrible or anything, I just don't connect with the music much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Debbie Harry and Iggy Pop

Mark Lanegan and PJ Harvey (the sound isn't that great on this one)

Emmylou Harris and Neil Young
Sweet!

Here's some more:

Nick Cave, Shane MacGowan, Bobby Gillespie, Johnny Depp (yeah, I don't know either), Mick Jones, Chrissie Hynde, Paloma Faith, Glen Matlock, and Eliza Doolittle do "I Put a Spell On You" for Haiti earthquake relief, and it's freakin' GOOD, y'all.

That reminded me of Nick Cave, Kylie Minogue, Blixa Bargeld, Shane MacGowan, & Mick Harvey doing "Death is Not the End. "

Bonus Oddment: Nick & Shane do "What a Wonderful World." I enjoy trying to estimate how many controlled substances they were collectively on during the filming of this video.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Registered

Continuing my sad panda-ing over the death of Peter Steele, here's Tony Iommi & Pete doing "Just Say No to Love"

Old 05-03-2010, 04:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Debbie Harry and Iggy Pop

I LOVE this one. Always have, always will. Debbie looks so gorgeous I've stopped believing she's human

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Registered

^^^^
That is indeed awesomesauce, Georgie.

Here's some others:

Heart & Carrie Underwood do "Alone." I am not a fan of Carrie Underwood, but my daughter loves her, and while I still cringe at that whole GYOW thing, she doesn't do too badly here at all:

Paradise Lost with my beloved Devin Townsend (and his Mighty Skullet, of Strapping Young Lad & the Devin Townsend Project) on backing vocals and their cover of Bronski Beat's classic "Smalltown Boy":

Devin Townsend could just look at something briefly and that would be enough to render it completely amazing, but even if he weren't there, it's still a pretty decent cover.

Look! It's Mike Patton & The Dillinger Escape Plan covering Aphex Twin's "Come to Daddy"! Remember "Come to Daddy"? If I had been less stoned pretty much the whole way through the 90s, the video probably would've given me nightmares.

Actually, now that I just watched it again so I could link it back there, though, I'm sure of it - I don't believe in Hell, but if there is one, there's gotta be a room just packed to the gills with little pigtailed midget kids all wearing Richard D. James' face.

Except the music they pipe in is probably Michael Bolton.

Horrors.

Anyway, Dillinger + Patton = helpin' keep the nightmare alive after all these years:

Speaking of Mike Patton, here's Tomahawk doing "God Hates a Coward," which is one of my favs. Patton, plus members of Helmet, the Jesus Lizard, and the Melvins all on one stage? Does not get much better than that, my friends:

And speaking of Mike Patton AGAIN, here's Peeping Tom on Conan, with Rahzel and Imani Coppola. Imani Coppola is great. I won't lie, though. That hairnet is still giving me the fits, Mr. Patton. I mean, I love you, but unless you have a part time job dispensing mashed potatoes with an ice cream scoop in the cafeteria of the local elementary school, the hairnet has gotta go.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Conan O'Brien and I love Hanson, so I kind of love that a. Hanson loves Conan and b. that Conan asked Hanson to be his special guests at his Tulsa show this weekend and joined them on stage for a cover of "Never Been to Spain".

I've also always loved Patti Smith on R.E.M's "Ebow the Letter". Seeing as she's Michael Stipe's idol and the person who inspired him to become a singer, it's always awesome to see them perform together (and I had the pleasure to myself the first time I saw R.E.M.!).

And of course that time that Lindsey played guitar on "Everybody Hurts" with R.E.M., that one kind of blew my mind a little!

Last edited by bucklind17; 05-17-2010 at 06:42 PM..