The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know that the Motorola Droid isn't 0ne of your options, but seriously, it's worth every penny. I am OBSESSED with mine.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I know that the Motorola Droid isn't 0ne of your options, but seriously, it's worth every penny. I am OBSESSED with mine.
Ain't it great?! I <3 it.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:55 PM
FMlex
This message has been deleted by FMlex.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Blackberry?

I think that I started a thread about this very thing @ the beginning of the year. I haven't gotten my new phone yet, but I've come close. I actually went to the Verizon store on Saturday & it was closed! What Verizon store closes @ 1 p.m. on a Saturday? I have my eye on the Blackberry Curve, the black one. I've never surfed the Internet on my present old Samsung (wouldn't even know how to) & I want to on the new phone. I do text on my old phone & want to continue on the new phone, but I'm not a big texter, that is when I text, I go very slowly. And I have never texted while driving. I couldn't anyway. My husband is happy with his old phone though even though I think I can get a buy one, get one free deal.

I am curious though, do you have to pay an additional fee to surf the net? I would guess probably. I've seen the Sprint commercials.

Lee
Old 04-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some day I'll get a cell phone and join the modern world. But why? I just can't justify the expense.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sttimelongtime View Post
Christ where do I start!!??
sorry for your frustration but have to say your entire post is a good ... I like the way you write.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
Some day I'll get a cell phone and join the modern world. But why? I just can't justify the expense.
Oh, I think my friends that pay $150/month are f*kcing crazy. "Yeah, well I can surf the web, anywhere I am". Well, good for you, you're still an idiot!
You can do it cheaply. Like I said earlier, I'm on Virgin Mobile(which uses the Sprint network). I pay $7/month, plus 10 cents a minute. Texts are 15 cents each, unless you buy a text package($5/month, for 200, or $10/month, for 1000 -the 1000 just about fits me right). So, I make almost no phone calls, only texts, so I'm essentially paying $17/month. Okay, $20, if I make a few calls. Which beats the hell out of the $45 I was paying Verizon.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
sorry for your frustration but have to say your entire post is a good ... I like the way you write.
Thanks! I guess I cant complain tooo much. It performed like a champ in Europe, but it has aged badly. I have a bad case of droid envy right now. I'm counting the days til September.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sttimelongtime View Post
Thanks! I guess I cant complain tooo much. It performed like a champ in Europe, but it has aged badly. I have a bad case of droid envy right now. I'm counting the days til September.
You know Dell has all these fantastic phones coming out later this year and they are all on AT&T! I really hate Verizon's phone selection and it just seems to be getting worse.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have the enV and I hate it. Got it in November & have had it replaced once, and repaired once after that.

- Jake
Old 04-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh, I think my friends that pay $150/month are f*kcing crazy. "Yeah, well I can surf the web, anywhere I am". Well, good for you, you're still an idiot!
You can do it cheaply. Like I said earlier, I'm on Virgin Mobile(which uses the Sprint network). I pay $7/month, plus 10 cents a minute. Texts are 15 cents each, unless you buy a text package($5/month, for 200, or $10/month, for 1000 -the 1000 just about fits me right). So, I make almost no phone calls, only texts, so I'm essentially paying $17/month. Okay, $20, if I make a few calls. Which beats the hell out of the $45 I was paying Verizon.
You know, I think I'm going to have to pay $30 a month more with Verizon just to surf the Internet on my new (if I get one) cell phone. I'm not sure I want to do that. So now I'm wondering, can someone recommend the best PRE-PAID NO CONTRACT cell phone that can surf the net anywhere? My contract with Verizon is up, so I don't have to resign with them.

Lee
Old 04-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
You know, I think I'm going to have to pay $30 a month more with Verizon just to surf the Internet on my new (if I get one) cell phone. I'm not sure I want to do that. So now I'm wondering, can someone recommend the best PRE-PAID NO CONTRACT cell phone that can surf the net anywhere? My contract with Verizon is up, so I don't have to resign with them.

Lee
Check into this:

http://www.tracfone.com/
Old 04-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lee
Lee, my Virgin Mobile is Pre paid, no contract. I have a credit card on file, and I just get online, and add increments of $10 to it. The only bad thing I can say about them, is there coverage out in the country, sucks. But it's fine for me, 99% of the time. And like I said, $7 a month, plus 10 cents a minute.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Got an email from Verizon the other day that said I was eligible for an early upgrade. I've been checking reviews and it looks like the HTC Incredible will be my new phone. I just want to check it out in person before I buy it. I will be so happy not to have pull out the stinkin' battery anymore.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Yeah, it's me again. I still have not upgraded my Verizon cell phone. I just can't see paying another $30 just to have Internet access. So for those who have the no-contract Virgin Mobile cell phones, are your phones a Smartphone that can surf the net? I have noticed that they have Blackberry no-contract cell phones around & not just Virgin Mobile.

Lee
Old 05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just can't see paying another $30 just to have Internet access.
I know, right? For me, and nearly everyone I know, the days of disposable income are over(sorry, racking up exorbitant credit card debt is not disposable income). I'm pretty much running as tight, and lean, of a ship, that I can. Between taxes, insurance(s), and just crap that keeps coming up, my head is one inch above water. An extra $30 here, and there, means whether or not I'll make the mortgage next month.
And, I mean, I have internet at home and work. Do I really need it in my pocket?