The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: AI: Will Mac Theme Night Happen?
Yes 5 12.50%
No 35 87.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no idea but as soon as I heard her sing I knew it was going to be a wreck, and sure enough...........
Old 02-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This whole night has been a train wreck.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think I've heard anyone worth a **** so far at all!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm waiting for Crystal. I think she'll redeem the night. Please!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ohhh Lacey. I liked her too!

Crystal is definitely my fave this season.

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 02-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually like Lily Scott as well as Didi Denami. Haeley kind of tugs at my heart strings but that's probably because she looks and kind of acts like a friend of mine.

I knew Landslide was gonna be terrible before the first lines even came out of her mouth and then she sang the first two lines
Old 02-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefDumbandBlond View Post
Landslide was just massacred by "Lacey"
You know, they should just forbide them from singing any song who's artist they just can't compare with, like Stevie, like Ann Wilson. It's just a disaster. They usually just butcher it like last night. Even my husband, who knows nothing about music, is not really into music, said that this Landslide sounded awful.

Lee
Old 02-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Ever since Carrie Underwood did Heart's Alone & blew the judges away, everyone tries it. Nobody has been very successful since, IMO. Maybe Carly Smithson, but that's about it.

Lacey's Landslide was painful, all bias aside. Really really bad.

Nobody's that good this season.
http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_9/

Fave girls:
Crystal (you just know they'll try to chop her dreads.)
Lilly
Didi's OK
Siobhan is quirky. Unsure about her yet.

Boys:
Andrew
Casey (he's attractive but not that hot - at least he can sing)
Michael - better song choice next week, please

Alex was so visibly nervous last night that it was uncomfortable to watch.
Haeley is trying way too hard (don't think she realizes she's doing it) and grates on the nerves.
John's 'God Bless the Child" was boring. I felt no emotion.
Katie can sing, but that song is way too mature for a 17 year old to sing convincingly.
Tyler had promise, but seems like he's fast becoming a Jim Morrison impersonator.
Tim looks like a little boy. And he should never EVER try to sing falsetto again.

The rest were completely forgettable, IMO. They all blend together & nobody stands out.

I think these kids are gone: Lacey, John, Alex, Janell. Possibly Todrick.

Last edited by skcin; 02-25-2010 at 01:23 PM..
Old 02-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After Week 1 (Top 24), These Are My Fave Idols

1. Siobhan Magnus: After multiple listens, that version of "Wicked Game" borders on wonderful. Easily my favorite contestant so far this season. I think she's fascinating to look at and I love her regional "quirkiness" -- the sort which is often key to a star's persona. Let's she if she got it.
2. Aaron Kelly - the best male vocal (IMO) and the most interesting stage presence
3. Kateyln Epperly - she's hot and she can really sing; I thought she had the most consistent vocal on girls night and is interesting to me cuz she kinda tried the duffy/adele thing but in a completely american manner (unlike didi and lily's affectations)
4. Haeley Vaugn: Again, after multiple listens, I can't get her rendition of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" out of my head
5. Tim Urban - He better get it together with a solid performance (someone that sweet and beautiful, all he needs is to be solid); that said, his "Apologize" wasn't THAT bad. Other than the falsetto (which means I'm making a big allowance here), he was probably the most consistently on key and on pitch of all the male contestants (of course, he wasn't really challenging that voice outside the falsetto either). But I liked him and his instincts for a pop song. He actually really was my second favorite guy of the night.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 02-26-2010 at 09:24 AM..
Old 02-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, another Siobhan fan!

She's very odd, but not in an off-putting way, and actually had stage presence, unlike the rest of em. Also, sings great. Pretty important.

I'm only starting watching with these two Top 24 shows, so I didn't see any previous displays of talent, if there were any, other than little snippets they showed so...

Judging by just this week, none of the guys impressed me, and most of the girls fell flat. I liked Crystal and Lilly, the Landslide rendition horrified me, and I barely remember the rest of the girls. Personality-wise, I liked Big Mike and John Park outta the dudes. None of the guys' singing really struck a chord with me in any way, though. Maybe they'll improve next week.

Also, I miss Paula. She didn't really add anything to the show as a judge, but she shot the entertainment factor way up. This season's talent is seemingly lacking so far, which makes it harder to adjust to no Paula insanity. I don't mind four judges... just keep everybody else and get rid of Kara. Unless, I'm the only one annoyed by her.. ?
Old 03-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
[5. Tim Urban - He better get it together with a solid performance (someone that sweet and beautiful, all he needs is to be solid); that said, his "Apologize" wasn't THAT bad. Other than the falsetto (which means I'm making a big allowance here), he was probably the most consistently on key and on pitch of all the male contestants (of course, he wasn't really challenging that voice outside the falsetto either). But I liked him and his instincts for a pop song. He actually really was my second favorite guy of the night.
Are you serious? The whole hook of that tune IS the falsetto. He bombed. he's very lucky to still be in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
Judging by just this week, none of the guys impressed me, and most of the girls fell flat. I liked Crystal and Lilly, the Landslide rendition horrified me, and I barely remember the rest of the girls. Personality-wise, I liked Big Mike and John Park outta the dudes. None of the guys' singing really struck a chord with me in any way, though. Maybe they'll improve next week.

Also, I miss Paula. She didn't really add anything to the show as a judge, but she shot the entertainment factor way up. This season's talent is seemingly lacking so far, which makes it harder to adjust to no Paula insanity. I don't mind four judges... just keep everybody else and get rid of Kara. Unless, I'm the only one annoyed by her.. ?
I agree with your entire post.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Alex Lambert - Beautiful voice. I think this is what the judges mean by making a song your own--before the Lewis/Cook iTunes regurgitation.
Tim Urban - NOT PITCHY. Not particularly range-y either, but completely emotionally convincing (unlike Jermaine, Todrick, John, and Andrew).
Aaron Kelly - He can SAYNG. But he's gonna need better insight into choosing the right songs.

Michael Lynche - On the fence on this one: but either way, my attention was not held--and neither was the carry-through on the phrasings or the ending.
Lee DeWyze - They are creating a monster here, but I can't deny he's got a nicer "tone" than Daughtry or Cook--even though he can't sing.
Casey James - He's this high because the guitar was excellent.

Jermaine Sellers - Not a fan of What's Goin' On, so I don't think it's a crime against music what he did to the song, but he has no idea what is the right kind of song for him.
Todrick Hall - Another song I don't like so I'm not offended, just kinda bewildered.
John Park - He tried, but he's just not a pleasant or nuanced singer (unlike Tim Urban).
Andrew Garcia - Ack! The anti-Alex Lambert. In every way that Alex made his song riveting and unexpected and full of beauty and surprise, Andrew made his predictable, mushy-mouthed, sentimental.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I only watched the first hour last night, the rest is on DVR. I like Michael & that was it. Such boring song choices too.

I heard the boys went first because Crystal had a diabetic reaction & was hospitalized?
Old 03-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I only watched the first hour last night, the rest is on DVR. I like Michael & that was it. Such boring song choices too.

I heard the boys went first because Crystal had a diabetic reaction & was hospitalized?
that's the scoop. if she don't perform tonight, she'll be dq'd and only one girl will be eliminated this week.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Siobhan Magnus - From the post-Bell Curve vocalization on "I.Q." to the epic glory note, this performance made you THINK and feel FREEDOM. The best Idol since Archuleta towered above the show's history in the final bout with Cook.
Crystal Bowersox - She got soul and folk down, but does she have IT?
Katelyn Epperly - I do not like the Coldplay song, but her voice and stage presence is so compelling, I found it dreamy not sleepy.

Lilly Scott - I do not like her or her style, but for those who do, you might not be mad at this interpretation of "A Change Is Gonna Come" (but it's nothing next to Siobhan's "Think").
Michelle Delamor - I love a surprise, and the beginning of the song was unexpectedly lovely. The ending: but at least she knew it.
Haeley Vaughn - The judges ruined her by not appreciating her rhythmic sense and infectious tone on the Beatles song last week. Now, as if in full out panic mode, she sings an impossible, dreadful Miley Cyrus song in a bid for youthfulness and the country-pop vibe. So I don't blame her. She's still a fave.

Paige Miles
Lacey Brown

Didi Benami - Loved her post-song meltdown.
Katie Stevens - You know what? She just has an ugly voice.