The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: AI: Will Mac Theme Night Happen?
Yes 5 12.50%
No 35 87.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
The point I got from the interpretation was that he had the talent to come up with his own arrangement of a track would not usually suit his vocal style at all and make it entirely his own.
My point was that he took a silly enjoyable pop song and made it very very very bland. And got called a genius for it. Sure he made it his own: he's bland.

Anyway, fo' sho', that Dreams performance was just horrible. I wonder if they'll ever get the Mac right on this show (another reason a theme night is probably not likely). But I was equally disturbed that, based on the footage, they were the only group to choose the song (amongst other song choices Bad Romance and that Gwen Stefani THING).

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 02-11-2010 at 04:38 PM..
Old 02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Sorry for the spoiler info, Paula. I was surprised no one else had mentioned it yet. Have a barf bag handy.

ETA: It's being discussed on the Rumours board - video clip included.
Oh, I didn't really consider it a spoiler - I was saying "dammit" to myself for not watching it last night. But thanks.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Howard Stern rumoured to be a possible replacement for Cowell? No thanks. IMO:

1) It would turn off too many of their viewers (mostly older people & kids, I believe.)
2) Stern would have to censor himself way too much. Why would he want to do that?
3) He is not in the music industry. Nobody knew who the hell Simon was before AI, but he did have previous experience in the biz.

I like Stern & his show a lot. I hope he signs on with Sirius for a couple more years. I don't think he's a good fit for Idol.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Howard Stern rumoured to be a possible replacement for Cowell? No thanks. IMO:

He is not in the music industry. Nobody knew who the hell Simon was before AI, but he did have previous experience in the biz.
Neither is Ellen
Old 02-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Neither is Ellen
Yeah, I know. And I suppose Paula was kinda sorta a music star back in the day (although, looking back her stuff wasn't exactly stellar.) I just think that if they're going to replace Simon, it should be with an industry guy - ESPECIALLY since they have non-music-person Ellen now.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think John Lydon would be the greatest possible judge for this show.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The way they treated Angela Martin last night was disgusting. Worst thing I've ever seen on the show.

Yet, last night also had one of the best things ever on the show. Super hottie Tim Urban replaced super fugly disqualified Chris Golightly!

yay!!!

For the first time in the history of the show, a genuinely attractive male contestant.

He'll be gone the first week.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
The way they treated Angela Martin last night was disgusting. Worst thing I've ever seen on the show.

Yet, last night also had one of the best things ever on the show. Super hottie Tim Urban replaced super fugly disqualified Chris Golightly!

yay!!!

For the first time in the history of the show, a genuinely attractive male contestant.

He'll be gone the first week.
Pic of Tim Urban???
Old 02-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I saw him, eh, cute but I'll take Casey James (I think that is his name - I just took a quick look at the Idol site-I'm not watching the show anymore).
Old 02-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Casey James is grotesque. Why do all the frau get turned on by guys who look like they are full of water? (He's an alcoholic and it's taken its toll, gross body, greasy hair, ugh.) I'm scared for our children that he becomes the standard of hot.

We've seen Casey with his shirt off too many times on this show. Which goes to show how dangerous it is. We see him with his shirt off but not TIM URBAN.

THIS is what a body is supposed to look like:

Tim Urban shirtless

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 02-18-2010 at 11:21 AM..
Old 02-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Yeah, I know. And I suppose Paula was kinda sorta a music star back in the day (although, looking back her stuff wasn't exactly stellar.) I just think that if they're going to replace Simon, it should be with an industry guy - ESPECIALLY since they have non-music-person Ellen now.
Guy Oseary (think that spelling is right) is apparently the hot tip to take over. He was Madonna's manager/musical director/whatever the actual title is... for years, ran Maverick Records and (I think) a has since been a Simon Cowell type in the American Music industry for years. He's insanely qualified and I really hope he gets the job.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Casey James is grotesque. Why do all the frau get turned on by guys who look like they are full of water? (He's an alcoholic and it's taken its toll, gross body, greasy hair, ugh.) I'm scared for our children that he becomes the standard of hot.

We've seen Casey with his shirt off too many times on this show. Which goes to show how dangerous it is. We see him with his shirt off but not TIM URBAN.

THIS is what a body is supposed to look like:

Tim Urban shirtless
TrueFaith! Yes I agree with you here, LOL, that IS a body. Trust me, I'm all about a fine body but I had not really seen Tim since I'm not really watching this year. I only saw the one scene of Casey shirtless when they were doing a recap of his audition - Kara seemed to find him hot. Granted, he has a thin body but he does have a certain sex appeal about him - it's all in the way one carries themselves.

BTW, what is that pic of Tim Ubran from? That's not Idol right?
Old 02-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

good question.

I have no idea what's going on there!

I got it from an idol fan website, but I think the fans got it from his old myspace or facebook or whatever.

he's adorable.

ETA: if he wants to stick around, he best take that shirt off on the show. soon.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Landslide was just massacred by "Lacey"
Old 02-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefDumbandBlond View Post
Landslide was just massacred by "Lacey"
Why oh why can't someone do FM well on this show?