The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Registered

Default Did Anyone Buy The Rolling Stones Exile reissue this week?

Picked up my copy from Target, the 'Rarities' unreleased sessions cd came with a t-shirt and a guitar pick, and only the rarities cd, not the original 'Exile on Main Street' cd. That's weird. Best Buy has the actual original cd, on sale for 9.99 through Saturday night. Best Buy also has a deluxe package,for $19.99 the cd, the 10 song 'Rarities' cd, no-t-shirt, but a third cd, which is a recent interview cd with Keith and Mick and whoever the other Rolling Stones are. Yes, I could name them, but it's late. But I wonder, do I really need to hear Keith and Mick talking on that third cd? Funny, I think I really might need to hear the interview cd. Except none of the CT Best Buys I have been to (I admit, only 2) have the 3 cd version in stock. Nice, advertise it in last Sunday's paper, then tell customers 'Oh we never got it!'

On Amazon, there's a deluxe deluxe version of Exile that comes with the cds, a new vinyl copy, and a DVD, it's like $179 on sale for $129. I can't remember if it comes with the t-shirt and the guitar pic or not. I think it should!
Or, you could just buy 'Exile On Main Street' as a 2 LP album, 2010 remastering, I think. On that 180 gram vinyl. $33-ish on Amazon.
So, did anyone buy any of the five different versions of 'Exile on Main Street' this week? I had to go to 3 Targets before I found the package with the t-shirt and the pic.
At Christmas, I picked up a new vinyl copy of 'Sticky Fingers'- it is on red vinyl, it had a t-shirt of the album cover that needs to be laundered inside out, but the zipper is fake, both on the shirt, and on the album cover, unlike on the first issue of 'Sticky Fingers'.
I'd like to see Fleetwood Mac or her Stevieness have some of these zippy reissues. Imagine! -- A special edition 'Wild Heart'-, just the remastered cd, or a 2 cd set with outtakes and packaged with a black chiffon shawl with the '3 Stevie's from the LP cover' silkscreened, and a replica mini-tamborine that could be used as a c*** ring!
Or, pre-order a 'Rock A Little' reissue that with the deluxe edition comes a 28 day stay at Betty Ford or Promises in Malibu.
If you pre-order the Wild Heart deluxe edition, the first 50 shawls are autographed in a waterproof silver-sharpie...$289 on warnerbrothers.com. The first 50 to be sold out before the item goes on sale
I digress yet again, as ever. ANYONE buy the Stones reissue this week??

Last edited by Nikolaj; 05-22-2010 at 04:09 PM..
Old 05-22-2010, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

not this week, but when i get my paycheck i am definitely getting it!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

no

tencharacters...