User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Thanks for posting the link. I read an article like this that contains the standard calculating responses by Mick and I honestly feel sick to my stomach. I know there are many of you who are happy or at least willing to go along with this new lineup but I just don’t get it. I’m really trying to see your point of view, but how can you as fans support this? They tossed there creative leader out like he was garbage and now we are all supposed to just go along with a band playing covers and pay $300? I just can’t stand by silently seeing how wronged Lindsey Buckingham was here knowing how much of his life he devoted to this band. How can you guys as long time fans?

I would be surprised if there was new music by this group. Watch Campbell’s instagram account. He pushes the Dirty Knobs in every other video. Don’t think he is in this for the long haul, I could be wrong.
Although many of you won’t believe this, I completely get why many of you won’t buy into the new lineup without Lindsey. For me, though, I do.

I do because I don’t see Lindsey as the sole creative leader of the band. I see him as a very talented man who produced and arranged their songs for years. However, he didn’t write most of their best songs.

To me, its sort of like when a band moves on from a long time producer. Like U2 have done several times in their run.

I resonate mostly with the Christine and Stevie songs so it’s not the change to me it is for others who resonate more with the Lindsey songs.

I also am more cynical to believe that Lindsey is a pure victim here I am very confident that the blame lies fairly equally on both sides and it’s more of an equitable parting of the ways Han you may think.

Lastly, I believe the band needed a jolt of creative energy and was stagnating for years and Neil and Mike can offer that jolt. Neil has written and recorded something like five albums in the last six years and is a creative force who works very well with others.

Mike is similar in his creative energy and brings the musical chops necessary to bring those Finn and Christine melodies and Stevie angst to life.

For these reasons, I’m excited about the new lineup. It’s not that I don’t respect Lindsey as an artist. I adore Lindsey as an artist.

I just think it’s best to focus on the blessings we have rather than what we don’t have.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
My brother saw the Time incarnation of FM live and he said it was a good concert and specifically mentioned a song by Bekka as a highlight, though I have no idea what the name of it was.
“Dreamin’ The Dream,” which had me choked up when I saw it. I didn’t know the song, since it hadn’t been released, but there were fireworks going off and it made for a really beautiful moment.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-28-2018, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I just think it’s best to focus on the blessings we have rather than what we don’t have.
Suffice to say that one mouse's blessing is another fan's curse!

I feel sorry for you in advance because once this tour dies it will be your turn to feel Stevie's curse--endless postponement of FM projects in favor of her solo or Heartbreaker or acting pursuits, and none of the above involving any new material.

It doesn't matter how many electric cattle prods Neil has brought over from NZ to "reinvigorate" and "energize" the situation; this project is dead in the water.

And if Lindsey's complaint is mentioning the relatively poor sales or critical reception of the FM albums released during his absence, they may think twice before rushing out another hodgepodge release that ends up corroborating his assertions.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure how anyone that has been paying attention can possibly believe what Mick has to say .

Old 10-29-2018, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Suffice to say that one mouse's blessing is another fan's curse!

I feel sorry for you in advance because once this tour dies it will be your turn to feel Stevie's curse--endless postponement of FM projects in favor of her solo or Heartbreaker or acting pursuits, and none of the above involving any new material.

It doesn't matter how many electric cattle prods Neil has brought over from NZ to "reinvigorate" and "energize" the situation; this project is dead in the water.

And if Lindsey's complaint is mentioning the relatively poor sales or critical reception of the FM albums released during his absence, they may think twice before rushing out another hodgepodge release that ends up corroborating his assertions.

Yes to all of this.

Its worth also mentioning Stevie will most likely be inducted into the R&R HOF as a solo artist soon. She's going to be dying to show the world what she's all about. If she's inducted she'll be desperate for the end of this tour so she can do her solo thing and milk all the additional interest that comes her way. She'll want to cement her legacy as a solo artist.
I feel for Neil and Mike- though they are obviously party to the inner working of the band I feel us fans are more knowing than them in some ways.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-29-2018, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yes to all of this.

Its worth also mentioning Stevie will most likely be inducted into the R&R HOF as a solo artist soon. She's going to be dying to show the world what she's all about. If she's inducted she'll be desperate for the end of this tour so she can do her solo thing and milk all the additional interest that comes her way. She'll want to cement her legacy as a solo artist.
I feel for Neil and Mike- though they are obviously party to the inner working of the band I feel us fans are more knowing than them in some ways.
I absolutely agree...if Stevie records a full new album with the Mac after this tour, I'll eat my shorts
Old 10-29-2018, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Can someone please point me to the latest article that talks about them recording a new album? I find this very unlikely to happen, and an even sadder ending to all this drama if it does.
Not sure I can wrap my head around why anyone would think new music could be a sad thing, but that's ok I guess. We are all entitled to our opinions.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess it's just perspective. Being a teenager when Lindsey left in 1987, I was devastated, freaked out, depressed, you name it, but I didn't hate or begrudge Lindsey for leaving the band.
Memory Lane. I was 22, I guess. I wasn't devastated or depressed (like the suicides following the Beatles breakup?). But I was a little freaked out—surprised because, although I knew that there was trouble in Mac-Land, as I've written in other threads, I didn't think the trouble would climax with anyone literally leaving. That part seemed slightly unreal to someone who hadn't yet firsthand experienced anyone leaving from Mac. Guys we know like Steve Denison, who experienced several band departures firsthand, probably thought, "Oh, boy, another one down."

Quote:
When FM added Billy and Rick for the tour, I skipped the tour, because I felt it wasn't really FM.
That's sort of an odd response, I think. It's like standing on principle when principle is irrelevant. What's relevant to seeing a concert is whether there's anyone or anything onstage you want to see. In that case, four of the five Rumours people are still there, playing and singing. Didn't you want to see them? Even if you no longer considered the band Fleetwood Mac, how is seeing the concert any different from seeing Stevie play live with Todd Rundgren or Kenny Loggins or Walter Egan or Bob Welch or any of the other guys she cameo'd with? You should have gone to the concert and just imagined you were seeing Stevie and Christine cameo onstage with some anonymous group.

Quote:
Then I read all the reviews, and then later I bought their Greatest Hits and fell in love with As Long As You Follow, which gave me hope that a new album by FM would be worth checking out.
Aside from Rick and Billy looking and sounding sort of swallowed up when they were playing big Mac hits in 1987, I think I began to worry about the future after hearing As Long as You Follow and No Questions Asked in 1988. They were both sludgy and pudgy to my ears, which were more attuned to the previous era's crystalline mixes. The new tracks sounded like bland pop songs that had inexplicably been mixed for a heavy metal album on vinyl. So I began to worry that the guy with the great ear was out of the picture quite noticeably.

Quote:
And when Save Me came out, I was hooked again, just like when I heard Big Love for the first time on the radio.
Nothing on Behind the Mask hooked me, but I did have fun singing along to most of the songs, especially the Christine songs Skies the Limit, When the Sun Goes Down, and Do You Know. Stevie's vocal style post-drughead held no appeal, but I liked it when she wore a beret and long earrings and tossed her head like a Beverly Hills cookie.

Quote:
So for me, there was life for FM after Lindsey left.
For me, there was life in the sense that there were some good ideas: Rick's quietly mourning I Loved Another Woman in concert, for one—made me want to hear an entire Fleetwood Mac concert of slow, minor-key blues from that configuration. And I thought everyone in the band was airbrushed beautifully in photos on the album and in the press. Bunch of handsome people!

Quote:
I'm going to give them a chance now with Lindsey gone and Neil and Mike on board.
YouTube and Spotify are terrific ways to allow one to give a new band a chance. I've been watching some of the live videos on YouTube. Sometimes I like what I see and other times I can't believe how zorch it is. I'm getting as strong a sense of Neil and Mike being swallowed up in the glamour of the Rumours catalog the way that I felt Rick and Billy were, and feel strongly that they're going to need to record something new with Fleetwood to put themselves across distinctly. (But they're still light years ahead of where Dave Mason was onstage in 1994.)

So bring on the new music, kids, and let's hear what ya got! My Spotify is ready.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-29-2018, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I felt the exact same way when Lindsey completely denied to an interviewer that the Buck/Vie album was NEVER meant to be a Fleetwood Mac album. His agent even interrupted and told the interviewer to move on from the subject or the interview was over. Pretty much exactly what you say you know would happen in an interview with Stevie already happened with Lindsey- all of them will lie, for whatever reason. If you think setting perimeters in an interview makes Stevie the queen, then I guess that makes Lindsey the king.
except-- he and the rest (Mick, Chris) were forced to backtrack about it being a FM album because if they did so it would incite the ire of Stevie "they're out there badmouthing me and making me the bad guy" (even if true). If she's mad about a smirk, imagine how mad she'd be at being portrayed as the hindrance she actually was re; that album.

In other words, they weren't lying to aggrandize themselves, or to disguise their diva-ness, they were kowtowing to her. She, on the other hand, was making sh*t up to cover her own refusal to work. BIG difference.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yes to all of this.

Maybe. I could also just as likely see Mike pushing an album and playing the Heartbreakers card to get Stevie on board.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-29-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
except-- he and the rest (Mick, Chris) were forced to backtrack about it being a FM album because if they did so it would incite the ire of Stevie "they're out there badmouthing me and making me the bad guy" (even if true). If she's mad about a smirk, imagine how mad she'd be at being portrayed as the hindrance she actually was re; that album.

In other words, they weren't lying to aggrandize themselves, or to disguise their diva-ness, they were kowtowing to her. She, on the other hand, was making sh*t up to cover her own refusal to work. BIG difference.
I don't know or care why Lindsey lied, he still lied. Doesn't affect my feelings toward him, because I understand that's how the celebrity wheel spins- I read that interview and just rolled my eyes. My point was, that interview showed Lindsey will lie just as much as any other member of FM.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's sort of an odd response, I think. It's like standing on principle when principle is irrelevant. What's relevant to seeing a concert is whether there's anyone or anything onstage you want to see. In that case, four of the five Rumours people are still there, playing and singing. Didn't you want to see them? Even if you no longer considered the band Fleetwood Mac, how is seeing the concert any different from seeing Stevie play live with Todd Rundgren or Kenny Loggins or Walter Egan or Bob Welch or any of the other guys she cameo'd with? You should have gone to the concert and just imagined you were seeing Stevie and Christine cameo onstage with some anonymous group.

So bring on the new music, kids, and let's hear what ya got! My Spotify is ready.
I thought Lindsey was such an integral part of FM that it was hard for me to imagine the rest of the band soldiering on without him. So it wasn't so much principle, really. I did see FM in November of 1990, and now some 28 years later, I'm seeing them again, almost to the day. I really did like Rick and Billy, and a part of me was disappointed they weren't invited back, but I can understand why they went a different route.

Sorry you didn't care for the BTM album as much as I did. I love it so much, but I totally agree Stevie's songs are not memorable. No Questions Asked and Paper Doll are fascinating to me, but in an odd way LOL. Christine, Billy, and Rick really shined, though.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know or care why Lindsey lied, he still lied. Doesn't affect my feelings toward him, because I understand that's how the celebrity wheel spins- I read that interview and just rolled my eyes. My point was, that interview showed Lindsey will lie just as much as any other member of FM.
well to me it matters if one is lying to cover up one's own bad behavior and make themselves look great (Stevie) or to cover for someone else's -- especially if they are holding you hostage to do so (Lindsey, Mick, and Christine. Interesting though that you only accuse Lindsey of lying about that album and not the others. Because indeed all of them at one point or other said it was to be a FM album and then at one point or other denied, or, in your terms, lied, about that. Bias can be insidious.)
Old 10-29-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Or, maybe he was just pointing out that even $t. £ind$€¥ was capable of lying when it was in his best interest.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-29-2018, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Or, maybe he was just pointing out that even $t. £ind$€¥ was capable of lying when it was in his best interest.
£៛₪₫$€¥

I actually think your "£ind$€¥" is pretty cool, but you may as well go all the way! Courtesy of the Vietnamese Dong, the Cambodian Riel, and the Israeli Shekel.