User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-21-2018, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
You obviously haven't the foggiest clue about headline level touring bands. If you are not one of the principals (or part of their entourage), you get on the bus. This includes the backup singers. And these are not Greyhound buses. Rather, they are like mobile deluxe hotels with bunk beds, lounge areas, refrigerators, sinks, internet, satellite TV, etc., and many musicians actually prefer this mode of travel because it does not involve the stress of lugging stuff on/off airplanes. And, yeah, you can smoke weed and watch TV while hanging out with your mates. There is absolutely no reason to feel sorry for the people on the bus.

You really think the back up singers aren't travelling on a plane as part of Stevie's entourage? Come on.
In the past the extra musicians on the stage have toured as part of the band on the plane. I cant imagine Neale wouldn't be with them on this tour since he's been part of the entourage for previous tours along with Brett.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-21-2018, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
No way. I never knew this. I must be really stupid, you know.
I certainly don't think you're stupid, but I am confused by your posts. You make a statement about how sad it is that Ricky has to travel by bus when the band travels by jet, which implies you think traveling by bus must be a horrible thing. Yet when it's pointed out how nice the tour buses are, you say we must think you're stupid. If you know how nice the tour buses are, then why do you feel sad that Ricky travels by one?

As for Stevie's entourage also being on the jet, I have an answer for that, I just hope you don't think I must be saying you're stupid when I give it- Stevie, Christine, Mick, John, Neil, and Mike either pay out of their pocket for travel or the cost is taken out of their profits from the tour. Either way, they are paying for the cost of traveling by jet. They are also paying the cost for their entourage. So if Stevie wants to bring along her assistant, her make up lady, her family, her butler, a mime, whomever, she has that right. Same thing with the rest of the band. I have absolutely no doubt that Stevie brings along the largest entourage of them all, but she's paying for that right. If Ricky wants to travel by jet, I'm certain he could if he chose to pay for it. Instead, he travels by bus.

I also don't understand why you think Ricky wouldn't be traveling by bus if Lindsey were on this tour. You really think Lindsey would pay for the contract musicians to travel by jet? Or that he would choose to travel by bus to show solidarity with them? I appreciate your enthusiasm for Lindsey, but that makes him out to be Norma Rae or something, fighting for workers who are being mistreated. Traveling by tour bus is not being mistreated. And to be clear, maybe you're right- maybe Lindsey would pay for Ricky and the others to travel by jet. That would be nice if they wanted to and he did that for them. But does that mean that FM is wrong or cruel for not doing that? That was the point I was trying to make, that's all.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I certainly don't think you're stupid, but I am confused by your posts. You make a statement about how sad it is that Ricky has to travel by bus when the band travels by jet, which implies you think traveling by bus must be a horrible thing. Yet when it's pointed out how nice the tour buses are, you say we must think you're stupid. If you know how nice the tour buses are, then why do you feel sad that Ricky travels by one?

As for Stevie's entourage also being on the jet, I have an answer for that, I just hope you don't think I must be saying you're stupid when I give it- Stevie, Christine, Mick, John, Neil, and Mike either pay out of their pocket for travel or the cost is taken out of their profits from the tour. Either way, they are paying for the cost of traveling by jet. They are also paying the cost for their entourage. So if Stevie wants to bring along her assistant, her make up lady, her family, her butler, a mime, whomever, she has that right. Same thing with the rest of the band. I have absolutely no doubt that Stevie brings along the largest entourage of them all, but she's paying for that right. If Ricky wants to travel by jet, I'm certain he could if he chose to pay for it. Instead, he travels by bus.

I also don't understand why you think Ricky wouldn't be traveling by bus if Lindsey were on this tour. You really think Lindsey would pay for the contract musicians to travel by jet? Or that he would choose to travel by bus to show solidarity with them? I appreciate your enthusiasm for Lindsey, but that makes him out to be Norma Rae or something, fighting for workers who are being mistreated. Traveling by tour bus is not being mistreated. And to be clear, maybe you're right- maybe Lindsey would pay for Ricky and the others to travel by jet. That would be nice if they wanted to and he did that for them. But does that mean that FM is wrong or cruel for not doing that? That was the point I was trying to make, that's all.
I don't feel sorry for him travelling on a luxury bus. I feel sorry for him to be excluded from the band. The travel arrangements of the essential tour contributors will be paid for by Fleetwood Mac collectively as a band. Not by individual musicians. When Neale, Brett, Taku etc have traveled on the plane with the band for previous tours- you think that was paid for by Lindsey???

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-21-2018, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't feel sorry for him travelling on a luxury bus. I feel sorry for him to be excluded from the band. The travel arrangements of the essential tour contributors will be paid for by Fleetwood Mac collectively as a band. Not by individual musicians. When Neale, Brett, Taku etc have traveled on the plane with the band for previous tours- you think that was paid for by Lindsey???
I have no idea who's traveled by jet before with FM, so I don't have an answer or guess about that. But I do see more clearly your point about why you felt sorry for Ricky, that it wasn't that being on a bus was a hardship. I have to say, from the interview, he does seem to having a great time. Doing something he loves, hopefully making some good money, and having time between tour dates to actually go sight seeing (if that's something he's into), good for him.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have no idea who's traveled by jet before with FM, so I don't have an answer or guess about that. But I do see more clearly your point about why you felt sorry for Ricky, that it wasn't that being on a bus was a hardship. I have to say, from the interview, he does seem to having a great time. Doing something he loves, hopefully making some good money, and having time between tour dates to actually go sight seeing (if that's something he's into), good for him.

I think overall I'm just a bit surprised that he isn't considered one of the higher priority employees. I mean, in terms of the entourage, this band probably has relatively little in the way of family travelling with them. Christine most probably has no family with her and John most likely just has Julie with him. I cant imagine Mick has any of his girls travelling with him so its probably just his girlfriend (Chelsea???? are they still together????).
If they have two planes then I'd just imagine all players on the stage would be afforded the luxury of flying. Now I might be wrong. It might be that due to the lower anticipated income from this tour they are cutting costs. Perhaps all the back up players really are travelling by bus for this tour. I really would be genuinely surprised though.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-21-2018, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Players only love you when they're plane

Quote:
I think overall I'm just a bit surprised that he isn't considered one of the higher priority employees. I mean, in terms of the entourage, this band probably has relatively little in the way of family travelling with them. Christine most probably has no family with her and John most likely just has Julie with him. I cant imagine Mick has any of his girls travelling with him so its probably just his girlfriend (Chelsea???? are they still together????).
If they have two planes then I'd just imagine all players on the stage would be afforded the luxury of flying. Now I might be wrong. It might be that due to the lower anticipated income from this tour they are cutting costs. Perhaps all the back up players really are travelling by bus for this tour. I really would be genuinely surprised though.
Stevie and Mike probably split one whole plane between themselves.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
One thing that strikes me reading the article. Rickey talks about how everyone is getting along so well and no arguments. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Was he instructed to say that? Why bring it up? Because big bad Lindsey was so awful to work with?

I smell propaganda. LOL.
The comment where he said the band has never sounded better ...
i actually read in MICK'S voice.
seriously.
when have they ever spoken to random band members for an interview?
smells like a plant.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You really think the back up singers aren't travelling on a plane as part of Stevie's entourage? Come on.
Yes. Let me be more specific: Fleetwood Mac's/Stevie Nicks's backup singers travel on a bus along with the rest of the back line. Fact.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. Let me be more specific: Fleetwood Mac's/Stevie Nicks's backup singers travel on a bus along with the rest of the back line. Fact.
Oh my goodness. That's an unequivocal assertion. It must be true

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-22-2018, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh my goodness. That's an unequivocal assertion. It must be true
It's unequivocal because, uh, I've actually been on the bus?
Old 10-22-2018, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's unequivocal because, uh, I've actually been on the bus?
Oh right. Of course you have
Perhaps you've spoken of this before. Do tell.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-22-2018, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You do know if Lindsey were still in FM, he would be on the jet while Ricky would be on the bus, right? So Lindsey would also, as you say, be stuck up his own backside.
Further, let's find out who does and doesn't ride on Lindsey's plane. I bet Jesus Lindsey lets his manicurists dog ride on his plane! Lindsey's been adopting homeless people at various tour stops and they ride on his plane too! Good lord I can't believe we're even talking about this.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Further, let's find out who does and doesn't ride on Lindsey's plane. I bet Jesus Lindsey lets his manicurists dog ride on his plane! Lindsey's been adopting homeless people at various tour stops and they ride on his plane too! Good lord I can't believe we're even talking about this.
What the hell are you talking about? Lindsey travels in a hybrid.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-22-2018, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? Lindsey travels in a hybrid.
Of course he does! He's Jesus Lindsey!
Old 10-22-2018, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Of course he does! He's Jesus Lindsey!
Are you referring to Lindsey's pose on the red carpet at the MusiCares event? It's certainly apt.

I have no idea if Lindsey really drives a Hybrid, and I can't tell if FuzzyPlum is kidding or not (sorry FuzzyPlum, no offense meant but I have a hard time telling when people are being sarcastic or serious sometimes), but for a small tour like his, Lindsey has to be traveling by bus. However, if he was still with FM, I'm sure he would be on the jet. And nothing wrong with either of those, but I know I'd rather travel by bus.

I just had a thought- maybe Christine travels by bus since her flying phobia LOL! Could you imagine?