User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
It saddens me he has to travel by bus. He's part of the band FFS. They cant find a seat for the guy on two planes? Sh!t, they must have a lot of travelling family and close hangers on if a touring band member has to go in a bus. Is Neale Heywood in a bus too?
Ar$eholes/A$$holes
FuzzyPlum, there are A LOT of people who go on tour with the band. Have you seen the type of busses they use? Trust me, they're very very nice and comfortable. I'm quite certain Ricky is comfortable and fine traveling that way, especially considering he gets to actually see the country traveling by bus, an aspect he seems to enjoy. I know you're angry at them for firing Lindsey, but you really seem to be reaching here.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
FuzzyPlum, there are A LOT of people who go on tour with the band. Have you seen the type of busses they use? Trust me, they're very very nice and comfortable. I'm quite certain Ricky is comfortable and fine traveling that way, especially considering he gets to actually see the country traveling by bus, an aspect he seems to enjoy. I know you're angry at them for firing Lindsey, but you really seem to be reaching here.
No, I really don't think I am. If you are touring as a band then you should travel as a band. Its an honest question- Neale has been associated with Fleetwood Mac for a long, long time and I'd always would have imagined he's close enough to merit travelling with the main members. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't. If Neale is travelling on the planes then it just seems really off for other musicians to travel separately. I'm sure the backing singers travel on a plane with Stevie. I get there'll be a lot of crew that have to go by bus, but come on, the guy is standing next to you every other night. Really rude if you ask me. Stuck up their own backsides.

And to justify it by saying 'he gets to see a lot of the country' ....ha ha ha ha. Your'e making me p!ss my pants. That's reaching!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-20-2018, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I really don't think I am. If you are touring as a band then you should travel as a band. Its an honest question- Neale has been associated with Fleetwood Mac for a long, long time and I'd always would have imagined he's close enough to merit travelling with the main members. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't. If Neale is travelling on the planes then it just seems really off for other musicians to travel separately. I'm sure the backing singers travel on a plane with Stevie. I get there'll be a lot of crew that have to go by bus, but come on, the guy is standing next to you every other night. Really rude if you ask me. Stuck up their own backsides.

And to justify it by saying 'he gets to see a lot of the country' ....ha ha ha ha. Your'e making me p!ss my pants. That's reaching!
You do know if Lindsey were still in FM, he would be on the jet while Ricky would be on the bus, right? So Lindsey would also, as you say, be stuck up his own backside. Also, the lighting and staging are transported via bus, not jet. Lastly, people are paying money to see FM, not Ricky, and he knows that, so if the band wants to travel by jet, that's their privilege. I'm sure if Ricky wanted to pay to fly on the jet they would let him. My guess is he'd rather not pay to fly by jet. I would also bet he's having a better time traveling by bus with his friends, rather than with Stevie or Mick or John. Wouldn't you? I know I would LOL!
Old 10-20-2018, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You do know if Lindsey were still in FM, he would be on the jet while Ricky would be on the bus, right? So Lindsey would also, as you say, be stuck up his own backside. Also, the lighting and staging are transported via bus, not jet. Lastly, people are paying money to see FM, not Ricky, and he knows that, so if the band wants to travel by jet, that's their privilege. I'm sure if Ricky wanted to pay to fly on the jet they would let him. My guess is he'd rather not pay to fly by jet. I would also bet he's having a better time traveling by bus with his friends, rather than with Stevie or Mick or John. Wouldn't you? I know I would LOL!

If Lindsey were there Ricky wouldn't be there. They'd have Brett. Pretty sure Lindsey wouldn't allow the 'most important' band members to fly and have the 'skivvies' on the bus with the roadies.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-20-2018, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One thing that strikes me reading the article. Rickey talks about how everyone is getting along so well and no arguments. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Was he instructed to say that? Why bring it up? Because big bad Lindsey was so awful to work with?

I smell propaganda. LOL.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-20-2018, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Lindsey were there Ricky wouldn't be there. They'd have Brett. Pretty sure Lindsey wouldn't allow the 'most important' band members to fly and have the 'skivvies' on the bus with the roadies.
I agree with you FuzzyPlum.

Wonder if Karen is on the bus? She has NOTHING to do with the band, yet you can bet she's on the plane, because $tevie says so.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
One thing that strikes me reading the article. Rickey talks about how everyone is getting along so well and no arguments. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Was he instructed to say that? Why bring it up? Because big bad Lindsey was so awful to work with?

I smell propaganda. LOL.
Saying everybody is getting along is not a slur against Lindsey. Maybe Ricky said it because... it's true? I took his comment for what it was, that everybody, not just the members of FM but also the contract musicians, are all getting along. If you want to read that what Ricky was saying when he made that comment was that "if Lindsey had been on this tour, there would have been non-stop fighting and it would have just been awful," that's your right, but I don't think that's what he was saying at all. I think he was saying they're having a blast, including himself.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Saying everybody is getting along is not a slur against Lindsey. Maybe Ricky said it because... it's true? I took his comment for what it was, that everybody, not just the members of FM but also the contract musicians, are all getting along. If you want to read that what Ricky was saying when he made that comment was that "if Lindsey had been on this tour, there would have been non-stop fighting and it would have just been awful," that's your right, but I don't think that's what he was saying at all. I think he was saying they're having a blast, including himself.

He makes out he's happy and all is good. I'm not sure he'd properly know though. He probably isn't even allowed to talk to the band.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-20-2018, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post

Wonder if Karen is on the bus? She has NOTHING to do with the band, yet you can bet she's on the plane, because $tevie says so.
Oh, you KNOW that loud mouthed ***** is on the plane, with her nose straight up Old Goat Breath's arse, telling her her gas smells like roses.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh, you KNOW that loud mouthed ***** is on the plane, with her nose straight up Old Goat Breath's arse, telling her her gas smells like roses.
Did you sleep ok last night? I only got 5 hours sleep but before I went to bed and after I woke up my feelings are still the same. I adore Karen. I think she is the best person in Stevie's life. The Johnston's and the Nicks' were good friend's even before Stevie was famous so to me it's a natural progression of friendship. I love that her and Stevie have been inseparable since the mid to late 1980's. I hope it lasts forever.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Did you sleep ok last night? I only got 5 hours sleep but before I went to bed and after I woke up my feelings are still the same. I adore Karen. I think she is the best person in Stevie's life. The Johnston's and the Nicks' were good friend's even before Stevie was famous so to me it's a natural progression of friendship. I love that her and Stevie have been inseparable since the mid to late 1980's. I hope it lasts forever.
All I really know is what I saw on DR. I thought she was rude, and if I were in the band, I'd tell her to STFU.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It saddens me he has to travel by bus. He's part of the band FFS. They cant find a seat for the guy on two planes? Sh!t, they must have a lot of travelling family and close hangers on if a touring band member has to go in a bus. Is Neale Heywood in a bus too?
Ar$eholes/A$$holes
Bands don't all travel together. There's always a hierarchy in a band's organization-- actual band members are separate and above crew, and if you're a support musician you are essentially crew. This is not new in the music business. Let's say they aren't a big enough band to have private planes and they fly commercial (as FM did for a while)....you think if the band members are in first class the rest of the crew etc. aren't back in coach?? If the band members are staying at the Ritz, you don't think the crew are staying at a Hilton or some such?
Old 10-20-2018, 03:49 PM
jwd
This message has been deleted by jwd. Reason: changed my mind
Old 10-21-2018, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You obviously haven't the foggiest clue about headline level touring bands. If you are not one of the principals (or part of their entourage), you get on the bus. This includes the backup singers. And these are not Greyhound buses. Rather, they are like mobile deluxe hotels with bunk beds, lounge areas, refrigerators, sinks, internet, satellite TV, etc., and many musicians actually prefer this mode of travel because it does not involve the stress of lugging stuff on/off airplanes. And, yeah, you can smoke weed and watch TV while hanging out with your mates. There is absolutely no reason to feel sorry for the people on the bus.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post

If the past is any indication, she is joined at Stevie's hip. Literally. Wherever Stevie goes, Karen goes. I spotted Steve Real by the side of the stage in a YouTube clip, so I suspect he travels by jet as well.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
You obviously haven't the foggiest clue about headline level touring bands. If you are not one of the principals (or part of their entourage), you get on the bus. This includes the backup singers. And these are not Greyhound buses. Rather, they are like mobile deluxe hotels with bunk beds, lounge areas, refrigerators, sinks, internet, satellite TV, etc., and many musicians actually prefer this mode of travel because it does not involve the stress of lugging stuff on/off airplanes. And, yeah, you can smoke weed and watch TV while hanging out with your mates. There is absolutely no reason to feel sorry for the people on the bus.

No way. I never knew this. I must be really stupid, you know.

Mick Fleetwood