Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Lindseys Guitar on gramms, I didnt hear

people are saying they rocked the 1st song, and you could hear LB at the start, I honestly thought the other guys loud guitars really over lapped his , once I saw he had his acostic, I was disapointed, and I had my surround sound turned up but could barely hear him ?

anyone agree ? or maybe I should re watch ?
Old 01-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A View Post
people are saying they rocked the 1st song, and you could hear LB at the start, I honestly thought the other guys loud guitars really over lapped his , once I saw he had his acostic, I was disapointed, and I had my surround sound turned up but could barely hear him ?

I could hear him throughout that first piece. It sounded like he had some lead playing even. My mom was watching it with me and didn't know where he was on the stage, but was like "that's definitely Lindsey on guitar" because she could hear him.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey stole the show. His picking was easily recognizable and I just thought it stole the show. It was what was most noticeable about the performance.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A View Post

Everyone's experience is different, but yes, you should re-watch I heard him clearly throughout. If you saw an uploaded video, and not the actual broadcast, it may just have had poor audio
Old 01-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's guitar playing was pretty much the core of the first song. And he also had prominent vocal parts.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Lindsey's guitar playing was pretty much the core of the first song. And he also had prominent vocal parts.
Yes, I was surprised that I could hear him so much on the vocals.

Michele
Old 01-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I could hear him throughout that first piece.
To me, they really rocked. And Lindsey's sound immediately reminded me WORLD TURNING, don't you agree?

And yes, I heard clearly his voice.

What's the name of that first song?
Old 01-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

What's the name of that first song?
Copy of A from the Hesitation Marks album.

Michele
Old 01-28-2014, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To me, they really rocked. And Lindsey's sound immediately reminded me WORLD TURNING, don't you agree?
Yes! It sounded a lot like World Turning.

Overall, the moment was a complete mess. But Lindsey came out looking good.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And yes, I heard clearly his voice.
definitely. and Lindsey impressed, especially because people don't really know him and what he can do, so many were pleasantly surprised. i mean he had all his signature moves that are so well known to us, but not to the average person out there, who doesn't know how aggressive he can be on stage and how hard he can rock (i mean, the guy is in that soft rock band, no? ). i love having these videos of him with Trent et al!!

i thought he was really highlighted and his guitar was easily discernible at the beginning of Copy of A. as well as his high harmony (which i personally didn't like much, but i'm always more into deeper voices). once when Homme came in his guitar became louder in the mix and i didn't like it that much since the part he was playing is i think really Lindsey's part on the record, where it's so much more impressive. plus whoever is normally doing it at NIN shows sounds more interesting on that part too (maybe they use prerecorded stuff / loop there, i don't remember). but they were doing it as a group so i guess that's nice, and Lindsey couldn't do both acoustic and electric at the same time.

i liked QOTSA song, thought it was pretty tight although disliked Homme's live vox on most of it. i half-expect head-banging from Linds on that song every time i watch it, lol. he looked like he enjoyed it and had no problem fitting in and doing some hard rocking.

really really hope this album and appearance together is not the end of Buck-Reznor collaborations, and they do something together again in the relatively near future!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Grammys: Lindsey Buckingham’s Redemption & Mixed Signals For Guitar Music

http://www.guitarplanet.eu/the-gramm...tar-music.html

The Grammys: Lindsey Buckingham’s Redemption & Mixed Signals For Guitar Music

New guitar heroes struggle to make an impression as the legends of yesteryear triumph at The Grammys; meanwhile Lindsay Buckingham finally gets his due.

Tuesday, 28. January 2014 - by David Hayter

Love them or hate them The Grammys are the biggest, best and, let’s face it, the only music awards show that really matters. The winners might be arbitrary and the panel always rewards success over artistry, but this is the only glitzy shindig that’s happy to let country, jazz, traditional R&B and classical music stand shoulder to shoulder with Jay-Z and Beyonce.

It may be bloated, but it delivers once in a lifetime moments (where else would you see Bob Dylan playing with Mumford & Sons?) and, for better or worse, it provides a solid gauge of where the music industry is heading.

So what did the 2014 edition tell us about guitar music?

Lindsey Buckingham Is Finally Cool & Recognized As A Guitar Hero

Closing a show which featured Katy Perry being burned at the stake, robots rocking with Stevie Wonder, and Macklemore leading 30 couples through their wedding vows as Madonna ushered in their first dance (seriously that happened), is an unenviable task.

The Grammys decided to place their faith in the once ridiculed Fleetwood Mac songwriter and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, who has been reclaiming his guitar hero throne on the road this year. The guitarist joined forces with the Nine Inch Nails, Queens Of The Stone Age and Dave Grohl adding some delicious, darting, countrified intensity to Trent Reznor’s “A Copy” before joining in the tumultuous jamming session that ensued when Josh Homme hit the stage.

He’s spent a long time in the wilderness, but Lindsay is finally getting the respect he deserves.

A Magnificent Mess: Metallica and Lang Lang

read more http://www.guitarplanet.eu/the-gramm...tar-music.html

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
o-k.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but they were doing it as a group so i guess that's nice, and Lindsey couldn't do both acoustic and electric at the same time.
Ah, but he could... by using a looper and a guitar that can be played as electric and acoustic. He could have done the whole thing on a Model 1, actually, using the Piezo to get the acoustic sounds and then switching to the humbucker.

I actually thought he was playing that part because it sounded so much like a Lindsey solo, until I saw the other guy playing it.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:13 PM

I thought LB sounded fantastic. Very cool!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Ah, but he could... by using a looper and a guitar that can be played as electric and acoustic. He could have done the whole thing on a Model 1, actually, using the Piezo to get the acoustic sounds and then switching to the humbucker.

I actually thought he was playing that part because it sounded so much like a Lindsey solo, until I saw the other guy playing it.
yup, because it was originally a Lindsey solo that he recorded in the studio with Reznor. although i liked it much better when NIN did it in their concerts (a really prominent part, from what i've seen) than what Homme did at the grammys.

but i guess they were trying to make sure they all get to contribute / fit in their "supergroup".