Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey and Adam Levine?

‏from twitter. hope this was random, and that it doesn't mean Lindsey is guesting on some show like the voice.

@elizabethc14
Yesterday my mom and I were within a 5 foot radius of Lindsey Buckingham for a really long time and it was really really cool. #fangirlstwitter

@elizabethc14
There was one moment that @adamlevine and Mr. Buckingham had a conversation right in front of us and we tried to look away but couldn't.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
‏from twitter. hope this was random, and that it doesn't mean Lindsey is guesting on some show like the voice.
What's wrong with that? It's great exposure for his name.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
What's wrong with that? It's great exposure for his name.
i guess the voice is better than some other possibilities.

adam levine is not my cup of tea. he may be an extremely nice guy and look good without a shirt on, but he's such an ordinary looking man with no voice and boring songs - imo, of course. considering he's selling tons of records and is reigning sexiest man alive i can understand how ymmv.

i like it much better when LB gets exposure through working with people like Trent Reznor / NIN, who in turn go on raving everywhere about his mad guitar skills, exposing him to completely new and different audiences.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember when Adam's band broke up and nobody seemed to care. Then he got this tv show and it completely revived his and their careers. Who knows what it might provide for Lindsey.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember when Adam's band broke up and nobody seemed to care. Then he got this tv show and it completely revived his and their careers. Who knows what it might provide for Lindsey.
if that's the audience he wants. i don't know - who are people who are the main audience for the voice?

for some reason lindsey or someone in his management seems to think of him as pop musician, and they don't get that what was called pop music he was crafting in the 70s is not anything like what is called pop music now. on the other hand, i can understand the exposure of songs in the commercials that everyone catches, and can definitely understand video games that all kinds of people play.

(just a preemptive fyi - i'm not referring to SN's current tv show appearance -although i don't watch it, any show that has Jessica Lange in it must be well worth it in my book.)

i would say Aerosmith was pioneering in so many kinds of new ways of music exposure and money-making. some of it may have been serendipitous (Run-DMC cover that resurrected them), but it sure looks like either someone in that band or in their management is a marketing placement genius.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maroon 5's music has turned into generic dance pop stuff now, but they used to put out some pretty quality pop-rock stuff. Adam has a distinct tone that may or may not be someone's cup of tea, but he can definitely sing in a technical sense.

That said, I highly doubt Lindsey is guesting on The Voice. Adam is apparently a big FM fan (he brought Stevie out and duetted with her at a show in the past) and based on the tweet it sounds like they were just in the same place and started talking.

I wouldn't mind if Lindsey did do some more higher-profile appearances, though, because obviously it would expose new audiences to him.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember when Adam's band broke up and nobody seemed to care.
????? Maroon 5 never broke up
Old 12-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
That said, I highly doubt Lindsey is guesting on The Voice. Adam is apparently a big FM fan (he brought Stevie out and duetted with her at a show in the past) and based on the tweet it sounds like they were just in the same place and started talking.

I wouldn't mind if Lindsey did do some more higher-profile appearances, though, because obviously it would expose new audiences to him.
yes, i think that's what vivfox and i were really discussing - hypotheticals on what different fans would consider to be appropriate higher-profile (whatever that means?) appearances or new audiences exposed & appreciative of Lindsey's music.

that said, how cool would it be if you run into LB talking to AL while holiday shopping?

Old 12-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
????? Maroon 5 never broke up
Oh yes, they did. They are from Az. and I was living there at that time and it was in the press. I remember totally not giving a damn.

On Edit: Come to think of it, maybe it was another AZ. band I'm thinking of. Anyone else recall this???
Old 12-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

i like it much better when LB gets exposure through working with people like Trent Reznor / NIN, who in turn go on raving everywhere about his mad guitar skills, exposing him to completely new and different audiences.
Maybe Levine will rave about Lindsey.

Michele
Old 12-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well since Stevie was on the season one finale, maybe Lindsey wants to do it as well?

I'm a fan of the Voice (don't really like the judge's music, though).
Old 12-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Maybe Levine will rave about Lindsey.
somehow i find the thought of Levine raving about Lindsey a bit different than Reznor raving about Lindsey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
Well since Stevie was on the season one finale, maybe Lindsey wants to do it as well?.
why? not understanding what does this have to do with Stevie?

Old 12-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
somehow i find the thought of Levine raving about Lindsey a bit different than Reznor raving about Lindsey.
Stature is one thing, but if it means getting an awareness of Lindsey's work into the heads of a new audience, then I'd take Levine's raving. Granted there are people who I don't want working with Lindsey, but I don't mind them admiring him.

Michele
Old 12-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. Trent is an artist, with an Academy Award and a Grammy and Adam is an "artist" without either. At least not without the rest of the band. (Term of artist is my opinion.)
Just a dream, just a dream.

Last edited by HelloMonster; 12-12-2013 at 06:34 PM..
Old 12-12-2013, 08:48 PM
RickRobert
This message has been deleted by RickRobert.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stature is one thing, but if it means getting an awareness of Lindsey's work into the heads of a new audience, then I'd take Levine's raving. Granted there are people who I don't want working with Lindsey, but I don't mind them admiring him.

Michele
point well taken.