The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe I spelled his name wrong in that previous post. My bad. Lindsey. Not Lindsay. I'm so embarrassed.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
This picture reminds me of the concert we saw in April 2013. We had a meet and greet with Mick and front row seats for the concert. I am a huge huge FM fan and have been for 40 years. This was the best night of my life. And having seen them numerous times before, I was still beside myself with these front row tickets. As it turned out, we were right at Lindsay's feet and I stood with my hands on the stage, almost on top of his set list, for the entire show. My husband is 6'3" so he stood right behind me. I just stares at Lindsay in complete awe. About 1/2 way through the show, I'm singing and dancing and I happen to look around and everyone was looking at me. I looked up at Lindsay and he was looking at me and saying "what?????, what???" This was while Stevie was singing. I was totally dumbfounded and stood like a deer in the headlights because I had no idea why he was asking me this in the middle of the song and I had NO idea what I had done. I finally turned around to ask my husband what was happening and I realized he was pointing at me for Lindsay and saying "#1 fan, #1 fan!" I just about passed out.
Well, later when he was over to one side and sitting on the stage and listening to Mick's drum solo, my husband tapped me on the shoulder and told me to look over at Lindsay. I did and he waved and gave me a thumbs up!!! He just seemed to really be enjoying himself. I was in heaven! Now that's connecting with your audience and fans!!!
I love this thread. I'm quite new to this but it's so much fun to read.
He's great, isn't he? I love your post - thank you for sharing, and welcome to The Ledge

Quote:
I can't believe I spelled his name wrong in that previous post. My bad. Lindsey. Not Lindsay. I'm so embarrassed.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice, but it was such a wonderful post, I din't have the heart to correct you So, no worries
Old 11-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Ledgie

Thanks again to all who are posting these stories!!! I can only hope I have some of my own one day (which I will totally blow up the ledge with!) Keep them coming Let's keep the thread alive!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I looked up at Lindsay and he was looking at me and saying "what?????, what???"
That's funny. I see him do that a lot. I mean, he could just pretend to hear and nod his head, but so often he seems to really want to have an exchange with the fans.

Wonderful "thumbs up." Thanks for sharing that.

Michele
Old 11-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

From the upcoming SkyArts show, that I just know somebody will, please tape for those of us, not in the U.K.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
we were right at Lindsay's feet and I stood with my hands on the stage, almost on top of his set list, for the entire show. My husband is 6'3" so he stood right behind me. I just stares at Lindsay in complete awe. About 1/2 way through the show, I'm singing and dancing and I happen to look around and everyone was looking at me. I looked up at Lindsay and he was looking at me and saying "what?????, what???" This was while Stevie was singing. I was totally dumbfounded and stood like a deer in the headlights because I had no idea why he was asking me this in the middle of the song and I had NO idea what I had done. I finally turned around to ask my husband what was happening and I realized he was pointing at me for Lindsay and saying "#1 fan, #1 fan!" I just about passed out.
Well, later when he was over to one side and sitting on the stage and listening to Mick's drum solo, my husband tapped me on the shoulder and told me to look over at Lindsay. I did and he waved and gave me a thumbs up!!! He just seemed to really be enjoying himself. I was in heaven! Now that's connecting with your audience and fans!!!
thanks for sharing, loved reading about your concert experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
From the upcoming SkyArts show, that I just know somebody will, please tape for those of us, not in the U.K.

<3 nice!! can't wait to see this interview and hear that version of the chain!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
among those videos of the whole FM show in Stockholm, there's also this cute interaction:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...&postcount=330

can anybody hear which song was requested (and he did a tiny little bit of it)?
Nobody??
Come on, someone must recognize that little snippet he plays at the beginning. No?
Anybody?
Old 11-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

RAB
Old 11-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seeds We Sow?
Old 11-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
RAB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Seeds We Sow?
i just can't hear it from those 4 notes he did... it would be great to know what the request was. from his reaction and saying how much he appreciates that request, i have to assume it was a solo song.

love that he replied that he'd love to do it, although we know even solo he was reluctant to do requests.

when Oh Well and Peackeeper were requested during this year's mac shows, he also behaved like he would love to do those, but can't / is not allowed.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looking through my Des Moines videos from June I found a couple lovely smiles:

Old 11-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i just can't hear it from those 4 notes he did... it would be great to know what the request was. from his reaction and saying how much he appreciates that request, i have to assume it was a solo song.

love that he replied that he'd love to do it, although we know even solo he was reluctant to do requests.

when Oh Well and Peackeeper were requested during this year's mac shows, he also behaved like he would love to do those, but can't / is not allowed.
When I listened the other day I thought "Bleed to Love Her", then I talked myself out of it. I just had another listen and thought maybe it is...???
Old 11-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 01-23-2014, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some Vegas in December smiles to warm you all up

Old 01-24-2014, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Some Vegas in December smiles to warm you all up

These two, I especially like

What about this one...

Is he holding back a smile here, or nor smiling at all?
Either way, he looks great!